DIY outdoor sign - advice please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY outdoor sign - advice please?

Hey kids. We keep getting idiots parking in our two allocated bays to use the complex pool. I want to make two signs telling them politely to fuck off, A3 in size and staked in the garden bed.

What type of materials do I need to do it? Garden stakes, stencils, waterproof paint and some sort of waterproof board?
    Originally posted by vk6hgr
    My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

You need some 3 inch nails.

For their tyres.
    "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it," she once said, "unless I'm thirsty."
    Madame Lilly Bollinger

Comment

Originally posted by non_quotidiun View Post
      You need some 3 inch nails.

For their tyres.
      But then they'll never leave!

Comment

Brake fluid, don't need signs then as you can etch it into the paint on their doors, bonnet, boot. roof. Its the gift that keeps on giving

Comment

Use a paintbrush with the brake fluid and display your message in/on their paint.
          TBH, I don't reckon they'll really care that they are taking up someone's legit car spot so I doubt a sign will stop them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
            Use a paintbrush with the brake fluid and display your message in/on their paint.
            TBH, I don't reckon they'll really care that they are taking up someone's legit car spot so I doubt a sign will stop them.
            The strata has an agreement with the council that illegal parking can incur a fine. That's all good and well, but they need a strata rep to sign the fine when they turn up - and there's only one rep left in our group and he's usually out on weekends.

There's "reserved unit __" in each bay but it's fairly faded. If I shove the signs in the garden bed, it'll be right in their faces when they park. With impending babbeh we're expecting an influx of visitors so I need to get it done sooner rather than later.

So if the signs don't work, they shouldn't be too shocked if a post-natal sleep-deprived hag lurches out and slashes their tyres.

Comment

bunnings sell small sheets of corflute boards.

its a fairly rigid, light, plastic material.

I imagine a few zip ties to some stakes would do the job.

just need something to write on it.

The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Daise View Post
                But then they'll never leave!
                Just prop the nail on a 45 degree angle betwen the bitumen and the tyre.....the tyre punctures as they drive away. They'll get down the road a bit before it goes flat. 1 nail for first offenders, 2 nails for repeat offenders.
                "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it," she once said, "unless I'm thirsty."
                Madame Lilly Bollinger

Comment

Originally posted by 96 View Post
                  bunnings sell small sheets of corflute boards.

Cheers dude, that's the stuff I was thinking of. Had no idea what it was called though!

Comment

Park your car behind them so they can't leave? Education one at a time...
                    SP RACINGis supported by:
                    MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
                    Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
                    Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

I know this guy that makes signs....
                      Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

Knock up an A4 notice on the computer and post it in front of where the car park spot.

"My car has been broken into and ransacked five times over the last couple of months.

The person(s) doing this keep picking on cars parked in this spot. This spot only.

If anyone sees any suspicious activity here then please report it to police/security."

Don't forget to leave various pieces of broken glass on the ground.
                        One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackFZR View Post
                          I know this guy that makes signs....
                          I know a guy, too!

But I'm nesting SEVERELY and need to keep busy or I'll start washing my hands obsessively

Comment

Put up a sign then Buy a wheel clamp your can have all sorts of fun working from home

Comment

find some traffic cones
                              put the sign on these
                              makes the spot more inconvenient to borrow
                              Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

Comment

Working...
                              X