impressive motorsport videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• impressive motorsport videos

I'll start.... this is the best drift video on the internet. Ever.

“Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

What track are those guys drifting? They have a South Australian defect notice on them, is it Malalla?

Another Bathurst one. Some impressive spatial awareness and racecraft from the whole field.

Comment

Originally posted by Al_86 View Post
        What track are those guys drifting? They have a South Australian defect notice on them, is it Malalla?
        Not sure, but I just love the whole attitude. Car is a piece of shit (mechanically it has like 350hp though or so I hear), but the guy has skills
        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

"I'll tell ya what, this is blokes racing this is..."

It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

I remember that race

edit:
            bit more exciting than MotoGPZzZzzzzzzz

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
              I'll start.... this is the best drift video on the internet. Ever.

I agree, best vid ever. Just the I dont give a fuck attitude and skills displayed is amazing. Wish I had the finiacial backing and skills and a missus who would condone such behaviour

Comment

Another Bathurst one. Some impressive spatial awareness and racecraft from the whole field.
                Undoubtedly some brilliant skill & spatial awareness on show, but surely some of that is a little bit of blind luck... Great reactions and all that, but some of that late braking coming into turns on throttle and just not hitting cars in front is crazy. That cant all be skill! Car certainly handles though!

Originally posted by thro View Post
                Not sure, but I just love the whole attitude. Car is a piece of shit (mechanically it has like 350hp though or so I hear), but the guy has skills
                He sure does... Great vid!
                The backing track definitely helps it though.

Originally posted by truewheel View Post
                "I'll tell ya what, this is blokes racing this is..."
                What a race! There is a DVD on that whole season and everything leading into that race and indeed, that lap. Its called 'I, Superbiker'. Definitely worth a watch, if you can grab a copy. Watching that last lap has me sitting here literally grinning like a chesire cat. Big balls!

Surely some of the Ken Block 'Gymkhana' stuff has to be up there...?!

Comment

The parts with all the trees certainly isn't. Mac Park near Mount Gambier possibly but never seen the track so not sure.
                  The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

Four wide up the mountain!
                    I'd watch the shit out of that if it was televised.
                    Originally posted by Ryanoceros
                    How many bikes can you buy today that have an otto cycle motor?

Comment

They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Originally posted by Corona White View Post
                        The parts with all the trees certainly isn't. Mac Park near Mount Gambier possibly but never seen the track so not sure.
                        Aaaannnnddddd the answer is...... It's several tracks. There might be some footage from Mac Park in there although a lot of it seems to have come from Tailem Bend of all places. And that cool section where the pit complex is set into the forest isn't even Australia. It's the Ebisu circuit in Japan.

Another impressive video: Ari Vatanen in an Opel Manta at the 1983 Manx rally.

Impressive speed on narrow roads, impressive save at 1.55, impressive speed on a flat tyre.
                        Last edited by Al_86; 05-12-2013, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Sports bikes were made for jumping yeah?

RAM MOTOSPORT ZX10 RR#191

Comment

Some of it is at Malalla and some at Ebisu in Japan.

I've drifted with these guys over a week in Japan and it's a lot of fun and not as expensive as you would think.

To also keep with the thread here's one of my edits from Ebisu ^_^ (I'm in the dark blue 180 with led helmet.
                            RAM MOTOSPORT ZX10 RR#191

Comment

Originally posted by OptiC View Post
                              To also keep with the thread here's one of my edits from Ebisu ^_^ (I'm in the dark blue 180 with led helmet.

That's sick! LED helmet is pretty good too

Comment

Working...
                              X