Graffiti in Perth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graffiti in Perth

Lately I've started noticing more street art around town and I'm loving some of it.

You may recognise this fellow from underneath the freeway in Leederville

Dunno where this is

Lots more at this site.

Personally, I feel that street art as you call it should be kept to derelict buildings as shown on the website you promote, and not plastered in view of the every day public, where councils have to pay someone to remove it, in the end at our cost.
    The people who do graffiti have no regard for other people's property and don't think twice of painting graffiti on property retaining walls etc.

Comment

Well.... I suppose the homeless need art too.
      Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

This sort of street art is great, i just saw a program on ABC about "stenciling" very interesting
        there should be more of this (less "tagging" on property)
        i live in a dark sad world and seeing good art makes me smile

Comment

There is some absolutely awesome work on that site. I love street art.
          One thing I noticed in Perth is that there is no social or political "commentary" graffiti. You know, smart ass comments on any current happenings in australia or world. That sort of stuff is bordering between tagging tho (it really depends on location and handwriting) but is really amusing. Quite common in europe especially eastern countries.
          Fast, cheap & reliable ... pick any two.

Comment

This sort of street art is great, i just saw a program on ABC about "stenciling" very interesting
            there should be more of this (less "tagging" on property)
            i live in a dark sad world and seeing good art makes me smile
            [/b]
            I saw that program, yesterday i think. It was made in 2004 before the com games. Did you pick up any of the web addresses. It was wicked. I thought it was impressive that the council was in a way backing this as art and expression.
            As soon as i saw the pics in this thread i thought yea wicked it's here too.
            sigpic

Comment

I saw that program, yesterday i think. It was made in 2004 before the com games. Did you pick up any of the web addresses. It was wicked. I thought it was impressive that the council was in a way backing this as art and expression.
              As soon as i saw the pics in this thread i thought yea wicked it's here too.
              [/b]
              Didnt catch the wed addresses
              loved it when he was shooting paint in tunnel and on walls, crazy

googled this melbourne site

Ninja Bear

Comment

Found this from your post.
                Ta
                Bucket o thought.
                and
                This is good
                This is good too
                This is ooky
                sigpic

Comment

watarush.com

Comment

Political slogan number one that should be spread all over Perth.......

Mu Ha Mu Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha *cough*

Shadow Keeper
                    2000 ZZR1100

Comment

Working...
                    X