Ford Australia Confirm the Mustang in Australian model range from 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Australia Confirm the Mustang in Australian model range from 2015

This is great news. The new 2015 generation Mustang will be imported for us Aussies from 2015. I read the RHD conversion will be done by Ford here in Australia.

Three versions will be on offer ... 5.0 litre V8, 3.5 litre V6 and a turbocharged EcoBoost 2.3 litre 4 cylinder. Also a Track Pack or Performance Pack will be available for the V8 and the Turbo. This gives the car an LSD, track suspension with bigger sway bars, stiffer springs and different shocks, larger radiator, much larger slotted disc rotors and calipers and a track electronics module that's a bit like a GPXPro to give lap times, g forces etc. Also driver aids can be switched off.

Lets hope the V8 with the track package isn't overpriced as that will be a great driver car. The new Mustang is about 100kg lighter than the current model due to the use of some alloy panels.

Apparently the US Fords are right up there with the latest technology and are getting good reviews.
    I'll be riding for you #52, my dear son, Cameron Taylor Elliott 1985-2009
    2008 CBR600RR and 2010 GSXR750 Track Bikes, KTM530EXC Enduro bike wrist breaker

Estimated $45,000 for the 4 cyl and $55,000 for the v8...
    PSN- DOOOM666

Comment

Manufacturers suggested retail price in the US of U$22,200. So AU$20,000 for transport, RHD conversion, Aussie Retail Price Rape........
      Originally posted by Skut
      ...the problem is that no-one wants to listen to an expert, just to have their own position/circumstance supported or be acknowledged.

Comment

One of these puppies?

Not bad, but I want one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott52 View Post
          This is great news. The new 2015 generation Mustang will be imported for us Aussies from 2015. I read the RHD conversion will be done by Ford here in Australia.

Three versions will be on offer ... 5.0 litre V8, 3.5 litre V6 and a turbocharged EcoBoost 2.3 litre 4 cylinder. Also a Track Pack or Performance Pack will be available for the V8 and the Turbo. This gives the car an LSD, track suspension with bigger sway bars, stiffer springs and different shocks, larger radiator, much larger slotted disc rotors and calipers and a track electronics module that's a bit like a GPXPro to give lap times, g forces etc. Also driver aids can be switched off.

Lets hope the V8 with the track package isn't overpriced as that will be a great driver car. The new Mustang is about 100kg lighter than the current model due to the use of some alloy panels.

Apparently the US Fords are right up there with the latest technology and are getting good reviews.
          Had one in the States for a week.

Would not fucking touch with a barge pole.

Work Hilux drives better. Hopefully Ford Australia have their way with it and tweak the suspension.
          In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

Not sure why they should need conversion as I read the next generation Stang was to be designed to be both LHD & RHD so no need for conversions
            #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
            Originally posted by Phildo
            Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
            Originally posted by filbert
            i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
            Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Any further details on the powertrain of the V8, or the Turbo?

Pretty surprised that the Turbo is not a 6 cyl, and if not, a bit bigger displacement.

Comment

Mustang four-cylinder

Price: From $45,000 (estimated)

On sale: Late 2015

Engine: 2.3-litre turbocharged four-cylinder

Power: 227kW and 407Nm

Transmission: Six-speed manual or six-speed automatic, rear-wheel-drive

Fuel economy: Not yet released by Ford

0 to 100km/h: Not yet released by Ford

Mustang V8

Price: From $55,000 (estimated)

On sale: Late 2015

Engine: 5.0-litre V8

Power: 313kW and 529Nm

Transmission: Six-speed manual or six-speed automatic, rear-wheel-drive

Fuel economy: Not yet released by Ford

0 to 100km/h: Not yet released by Ford
                PSN- DOOOM666

Comment

4cyl in a Mustang is just wrong...
                  PSN- DOOOM666

Comment

Originally posted by Crobbo View Post
                    Had one in the States for a week.

Would not fucking touch with a barge pole.

Work Hilux drives better. Hopefully Ford Australia have their way with it and tweak the suspension.
                    Ground up redesign. Should hopefully be better than the old one.
                    I guess we just need Holden to start selling Corvettes from their showroom now. Yanks can keep the Camaro.
                    Can you help with foster care?
                    http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

+1 and in going 4 cylinder for economy and 8 for performance, what is the point of the 6? Although I'm sure it will drive better than the wallow-tastic current gen mustang. I think seeing them around everywhere will put me off a bit though, they were everywhere in the states.

I wonder what this will do to the price of older mustangs say up to 2008.. if it drives the price down of a gt500, I'll deffo be leaning that way for awesome factor.

Comment

Originally posted by 51 New West View Post
                        Manufacturers suggested retail price in the US of U$22,200. So AU$20,000 for transport, RHD conversion, Aussie Retail Price Rape........
                        The RRP of $22k in the USA is for the V6 manual with the base trim level. If you go to the Ford USA website it has the price of the various models.
                        I'll be riding for you #52, my dear son, Cameron Taylor Elliott 1985-2009
                        2008 CBR600RR and 2010 GSXR750 Track Bikes, KTM530EXC Enduro bike wrist breaker

Comment

have to wonder if Ford Aus will not be tempted to put in the current supercharged FPV V8 into these?

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                          pictures
                          mustang looks like a current model car... simply evolution over many years. quite like that look.

the challenger though, looks retro. a modern interpretation of an old car, if you will.
                          The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Yes, that's where I got the U$22,200 Msrp from......

So AU$34,000 for the base level V8 in the US, still leaves around AU$20,000 price discrepancy
                            Originally posted by Skut
                            ...the problem is that no-one wants to listen to an expert, just to have their own position/circumstance supported or be acknowledged.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Stinky View Post
                              4cyl in a Mustang is just wrong...
                              That is a fair comment…. until you analyse the facts.
                              The current model Falcon with a the 2.0 litter Ecoboost engine is listed by Wheels magazine at 14.6 seconds over the quarter mile, gets superb fuel economy
                              and is much better through the corners due to less weight over the front wheels
                              The 2015 Mustang with the 2.3 turbo has more horsepower than the Falcon and weighs less. Based on numbers alone a 4 cyl Mustang makes all kinds of sense.
                              They say money can't buy happiness. But you can use it to buy a Triumph and you never see sad people riding Triumphs.

Comment

Working...
                              X