Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perth Gallery poor attendance - good show WA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perth Gallery poor attendance - good show WA!

Home |MoMA Series

Ticket sales fail to save Art Gallery of WA MoMA series

Guess it's all AFL and mining for Perth

I should pretend to care , meh

thats terrible news , OMG Perth whats wrong with this place .
    Farrk dude i need a beer after reading that.

Seriously though

Whens the nitro circus on ?
    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
    (anarchy in english )

Comment

we went to see this during the last few days of the exhibition. we got there to find a bob evans concert on the main floor of the museum. the first floor was packed with people wanting to hear him sing. we could barely get through the crowd to get to the exhibition upstairs. i thought 'if this is how packed the concert is, the exhibition itself must be even worse.' we made our way upstairs only to find very few people in the exhibition... it was disappointing, but on the plus side, we could see all the art up close. we could hear the sound of the concert downstairs for the entire time we were there, which was just plain annoying.

Comment

maybe it's just cause we've got the good stuff at home

if ya wanna have a squizz at kezzas gear e's given it an outing

The Art Gallery of Western Australia Website
        Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

Comment

Maybe they should try advertising. Our art gallery is piss poor even compared to Adelaide and Darwin .
          You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Originally posted by shan View Post
            I should pretend to care , meh

thats terrible news , OMG Perth whats wrong with this place .
            Farrk dude i need a beer after reading that.

Seriously though

Whens the nitro circus on ?
            Unfortunately, I guess that is the attitude of most people in Perth. The city is not a population of people who appreciate the arts and it's just not a valued part of society.

99% of the population aren't going to notice, let alone care that world class exhibitions won't be shown.

Hopefully when the new venue is built, things will change but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Comment

On the other hand article says they got 110,000 through the door and that increased insurance bill helped kill it,

just sayin' if you can get 110,00 West Australians to do anything ( see famous paintings) it was a success and shows it was probably not viable to start with, thats not to say it wasn't worthwhile maybe just over ambitious

it did say the next exhibition was a collection of images of New York from 90 photographers, i mean who really gives a fuck...

"" Three future exhibitions, Contemporary Encounters, Counter Space: Design and the Modern Kitchen and Masters of Post Impressionism, were due to stretch until March 2015. ""

hmmm, An exhibition on Counter space design and the modern kitchen.....

Bring on the Monster Trucks !
              I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

Originally posted by shmoo View Post
                Unfortunately, I guess that is the attitude of most people in Perth. The city is not a population of people who appreciate test cricket and it's just not a valued part of society.

99% of the population aren't going to notice, let alone care that world class test cricket won't be played.
                fixed
                Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

Comment

110,000 is what, 5% of Perth?

That's not too bad really, personally I'd expect a lower % for an event like this.
                  For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                  For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Didnt even know it was here.

Id love to have gone and so would the lady friend. Would have made a day of it and earned some brownie point for being all cultured and shit.

Ahh well i prefer impressionist stuff anyway.
                    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Comment

Unfortunately due to the high level corruption in the health system , there are no funds available in the budget for either the Arts, to save peoples lives or provide essential public infrastructure.

That is all.
                      Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

Modern and Impressionist Art is not my thing at all.

Labeling someone as an artist that produces that shit is an exaggeration. Call them "Bullshit Artists" and you have hit the nail on the head.

Comment

ads were running for these exhibitions all year.

besides, if someone had even a casual interest in art, wouldn't they check the AGWA website every now and then to see what's on?

Comment

Sorry, Skut - I don't understand. Your OP's tone intimates that I should feel guilt for not paying to see a bunch of mouldy old crap that doesn't even look like the subject material churned out by mental cases, drug addicts or both.

By the sounds of it they had a good attendance considering the content, the market and the lack of effective advertising.

So what happened? The people putting it on failed in their evaluation of what the public wants to see. They failed to maximise market exposure. They failed to budget anywhere near accurately, instead going for random stabs of wild optimism when putting their numbers together. And then they whine because no-one supported them as they pissed what presumably was a major chunk of the arts budget on a bunch of shit no-one really cares about?

Zero guilt or obligation felt here.
                            "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMeanie View Post
                              Modern and Impressionist Art is not my thing at all.

Labeling someone as an artist that produces that shit is an exaggeration. Call them "Bullshit Artists" and you have hit the nail on the head.
                              May I suggest it is you that does not have appreciation for art, not the fact that the art is "bullshit".

Comment

Working...
                              X