It's time to go..... HOLDEN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's time to go..... HOLDEN

First Ford, now Holden - Toyota surely to follow soon.

The true banana republic is on its way.

Holden will cease operations in 2017 | News.com.au
    Whatcha gonna do? Rap is not afraid of you
    Beat is for Sonny Bono, beat is for Yoko Ono

That whole free trade agreement was a good idea wasn't it.
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Thread title should be "It's time to go, Commodore"

Don't worry, you'll be able to buy a FWD chevy Impala instead. At least it will be a real Chevrolet..
      Originally posted by Desmo
      Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Keen View Post
        Thread title should be "It's time to go, Commodore"

Don't worry, you'll be able to buy a FWD chevy Impala instead. At least it will be a real Chevrolet..
        Will bogans put Holden badges on them?

Comment

Investment tip; Holden memorabilia.
          It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

By 2020 we will be full of Camaros, Mustangs, Corvettes and Cadillac CTS's (hopefully?)

Comment

^^ you're assuming that GM in the US is going to survive?
              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

So all they really are doing is stopping production of the commodore?

Can't say I'll miss it apart from its bogan detector abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by truewheel View Post
                  Investment tip; Holden memorabilia.
                  Does this mean my busted ass fully sik VE SV6 will actually be worth something in the future?

Comment

Good point, but yes I do. Esp with the extra money they can charge fro their cars over here coming in!

Comment

holden is to the vehicle industry what Gerry Harvey is to retail - a dinosaur with an antiquated business model, pushing products that no one wants any more and reliant on the government intervening in the market to keep them afloat.

sure, on one level it's a shame to see an iconic brand going down the drain, but there's not use flogging a dead horse i suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by out_in_front View Post
                        Good point, but yes I do. Esp with the extra money they can charge fro their cars over here coming in!
                        The same GM that has required bail-outs from the US government to continue operations...

I'd be fairly hesitant to take that bet.

The US, Australia and Japan all have the same problems - we're too expensive to manufacture stuff. My bet is that by 2030 you'll more likely see imitation Corvettes, Camaros, etc. here made by say, Great Wall.

:-\

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                          The same GM that has required bail-outs from the US government to continue operations...

I'd be fairly hesitant to take that bet.

The US, Australia and Japan all have the same problems - we're too expensive to manufacture stuff. My bet is that by 2030 you'll more likely see imitation Corvettes, Camaros, etc. here made by say, Great Wall.

:-\
                          By that time Great Wall will probably be building cars in Africa because it's too expensive to build in China.
                          Originally posted by Desmo
                          Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Keen View Post
                            By that time Great Wall will probably be building cars in Africa because it's too expensive to build in China.
                            Either that or it will have come full circle and they'll be outsourcing to Australia because we're willing to work for peanuts due to chronic unemployment due to the government screwing all aussie businesses out of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                              Either that or it will have come full circle and they'll be outsourcing to Australia because we're willing to work for peanuts due to chronic unemployment due to the UNIONS screwing all aussie businesses out of the country.
                              Fixed...

Comment

Working...
                              X