PSB: The font of all human knowledge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSB: The font of all human knowledge?

I am having a problem with my adsl router. After updating the firmware & having the same issue my first impulse was to post on here. WTF? I'm an IT professional, I'm a member of many IT forums which could answer my question so why would I post it on a regional motorbike forum?

I've noticed all sorts of queries on here that could be answered elsewhere so why do we try here first?
    The correct number of bikes to own = N + 1, where N is the current number of bikes you own.

Coz ppl who ride are 1337

Comment

And why would you want a actual thought out answer without having to go through many pages of flameage, being told to use the search function or the fabled fat dog? Oh i forgot grammar nazis.

Its all about the journey not the destination. Which as a analogy really doesn't work for your situation because you just want your modem to work.

Ahh well i cant help you at all.
      A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Comment

Personally, I think it's because I trust this community, there's a very diverse range of expertise & if I brick my router because of your advice I can find where you live & shit in your letterbox.
        The correct number of bikes to own = N + 1, where N is the current number of bikes you own.

Comment

PSB's new slogan.
          'We'll shit in you're mailbox.'

Comment

Originally posted by BOFH View Post
            I am having a problem with my adsl router. After updating the firmware & having the same issue my first impulse was to post on here. WTF? I'm an IT professional, I'm a member of many IT forums which could answer my question so why would I post it on a regional motorbike forum?

I've noticed all sorts of queries on here that could be answered elsewhere so why do we try here first?
            Because there are people who I know here who I trust to have "valid" input. i.e., I can pre-filter the responses, somewhat.

General internet = millions of monkeys with internet connections these days.

Back in the 90s, the chances of getting the correct info via a web search was pretty good. now? Haha... it's very much a crapshoot.
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I'm an IT professional, I'm a member of many IT forums which could answer my question so why would I post it on a regional motorbike forum?
              Maybe your question was too stupid to put on an IT forum and you didn't feel like getting raped by your peers? Maybe because there is probably a good percentage of IT professionals on PSB? Do you know the answer or are you still waiting for someone to tell you why you posted it on PSB?

Comment

Originally posted by Griffo17 View Post
                Maybe your question was too stupid to put on an IT forum and you didn't feel like getting raped by your peers? Maybe because there is probably a good percentage of IT professionals on PSB? Do you know the answer or are you still waiting for someone to tell you why you posted it on PSB?
                I can research the hell out of it, (I'm a geek, of course I do this), but I can trust that I'll get honest real world answers on PSB.

Comment

Personally, I think it's because I trust this community, there's a very diverse range of expertise & if I brick my router because of your advice I can find where you live & shit in your letterbox.
                  Originally posted by Sentient View Post
                  PSB's new slogan.
                  'We'll shit in you're mailbox.'
                  This is giving me all sorts of ideas. Imagine if we could combine our affinity for motorcycles with our skills at packing large quantities of shit into confined spaces. What if we developed a technique for doing it on the move?

Comment

Originally posted by Archie View Post
                    This is giving me all sorts of ideas. Imagine if we could combine our affinity for motorcycles with our skills at packing large quantities of shit into confined spaces. What if we developed a technique for doing it on the move?
                    I am interested in your product or service. Please subscribe me to your newsletter.

Comment

Have you tried switching it off and then back on again?

I could get a job in a tech support callcentre
                      Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

It's the battery.
                        such comment
                        wow
                        many post

Comment

Because even if you don't get a valid solution the LOLs are sometimes worth that journey?

Comment

but I can trust that I'll get honest real world answers on PSB.
                            It's the battery.

Comment

I am interested in your product or service. Please subscribe me to your newsletter.
                              "High speed bowel movements - delivered to your door!"

Comment

Working...
                              X