Business Etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Etiquette

So Christmas is not far and emails have started flying about at work. Now I'm not Christian and I really don't care when emails are sent to me saying Mary Christmas. Now there is one of my co-workers and he hates it. With that in mind do you think work/business emails need to change so they say Happy Holidays or something as this more politically correct?

Dose your work place have a policy regarding this? As far as I know ours don't.

Not at my work, but the Mrs was down at the shops the other day, and Santa was there getting photos with the kids. Apparently the big banners up and about all said "Happy Giving".

Comment

You'll live longer and happier if you just say "Thanks, you too."

Something about not sweating the small stuff. I try not to get upset when people wish me a nice day, or to have a good weekend, or that they hope I enjoy my holiday.
      such comment
      wow
      many post

Comment

But Happy Giving is Thanksgiving?

Comment

Happy whichever-holiday-offends-you-the-least
          Originally posted by Desmo
          Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

I think people should appreciate the well wishes. I'd be just as happy if someone wished me a Happy Hanukkah (sp?) etc.
            Like Cam said, don't sweat the small stuff. I think people should accept good wishes with grace and gratitude regardless of where they're coming from or what they're about, it isn't all about the recipient, the well-wisher has the right to share their joy for the season too.
            "Look wise guy, I know I'm a racer, I can feel it in my code."

Comment

Originally posted by ؤlen View Post
              So Christmas is not far and emails have started flying about at work. Now I'm not Christian and I really don't care when emails are sent to me saying Mary Christmas. Now there is one of my co-workers and he hates it. With that in mind do you think work/business emails need to change so they say Happy Holidays or something as this more politically correct?

Dose your work place have a policy regarding this? As far as I know ours don't.
              Why should the majority change to keep a hand full of wingers or non Christians happy.. If its a real big deal for your co-worker, give him a list of countries that don't have Xmas. Suggest he pick one to live in. My guess is he will put up with Xmas and stay here.

BTW I am not a Christian either.. but its just the way it is here.

Comment

Saw this on FB the other day and thought this is how it should be. We go to other countries and have to abide by the customs of said country but when others arrive here for some reason we need to change so as not to offend them. There is something very wrong.
                https://www.dropbox.com/s/tnnckmqwi3...0christmas.jpg
                Don't even think about it. You know who you are.

Comment

Business Etiquette

Send him this:

Christmas Greetings to Everyone

I wanted to send some sort of Christmas greeting to my friends and colleagues, but it is so difficult in today's world to know exactly what to say without offending someone. So I met with my attorney yesterday, and on his advice I wish to say the following:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the summer solstice holiday, practised with the most enjoyable traditions of religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2014, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make our country great (not to imply that this country is necessarily greater than any other country) and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms:

This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her -/himself or others and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.
                  "Speed Kills". The stupid person's answer to a complex problem.

Comment

Ms boeman nor myself believe in any kind of religion.

I got sick of "bless you" when I sneezed.

We now say "congratulations" when each other sneezes, since let's be honest, sneezing feels awesome.

Try it out, feels great when a good sneeze is applauded by the nearest person.

Whilst this is entirely true, it is more of a laugh than anything. No problems with any religion in day to day living.

Comment

"Happy Xmas" or "Merry Xmas" is fine. The majority of the country is Christian or Christian Atheist so that's what it is.
                      There is an alternative, "You don't like it, Fuck Off"

Comment

I'm sorry, could you explain to me what exactly a Christian Atheist is? Apart from a complete contradiction in terms, I mean.

*ninja edit for bad vocab

Comment

The majority of people get a day off work with pay because ............. yep you guessed it, IT'S CHRISTMAS

If people are that offended by someone else saying that they hope their christmas day off goes well they should refuse the day off or the public holiday pay
                          I agree with Cam dont sweat the little things, but if you really cant unbunch, get serious and do something about it = refuse money or public holiday
                          It's better to be thought stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt

Pure speed in sixth gear on a 5,000 foot straightaway is one thing, but pure speed in third gear on a gravel-strewn, downhill, ess turn is quite another.
                          Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Christian Atheist is pretty much someone brought up in a christian culture and has christian ethics as the base of their beliefs.

All atheists dont believe in the same thing just the same as the different churches and religions don't all teach and preach the same stuff.

edit: Humans we are a diverse and confusing bunch that's for sure.
                            A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Comment

Good ethics don't come from christianity, they were around before christianity and they will be around after christianity.
                              This claim that you can't have sound morals if you aren't religious is much more offensive to me than wishing someone a merry christmas.
                              Last edited by Commander Keen; 12-12-2013, 03:26 PM.
                              Originally posted by Desmo
                              Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Working...
                              X