X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House alarm key pad/sensors not working

Hello again,

Short story:
    2 days ago there was a short power outage.
    Yesterday i noticed the alarm sensors around the house dont flash, neither does the keypad.

Action taken so far:
    Opened the security box inside the house (alarm goes off for a few minutes), battery looked old and leaky.
    Bought a new battery today, connected it up, no luck so far.
    Checked the power box outside, all switches seem ok, not flicked off or anything.

Burnt fuse somewhere?
    Advices appreciated.
    Turn off the tap when you brush your teeth!!
    Turning the taps off when you brush your teeth, can save up to 5 liters a minute!

If your backup battery was dead (you replaced it) then you may have lost your alarm system settings if it has volatile memory.

S.
    Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Well after doing some googling i thought the keypad actually runs of the main power rather than the main/backup battery that is used by the siren?
      Even if the settings/other got lost the keypad should still show some life i would imagine.

Perhaps there is something i need to reset after the power outage?
      Turn off the tap when you brush your teeth!!
      Turning the taps off when you brush your teeth, can save up to 5 liters a minute!

Comment

Open up the security box and tape the tamper switch closed so the alarm doesn't stay on, next with a multimeter see if you have 240 incoming, you may have a transformer aswell make sure it has correct supply/secondary voltage and you might have glass fuses inside like retic controllers. (if they have blown make sure it matched to the supply voltage ie. 240v ac or 24 ac.

Also check the back of the keypad see if there is a fuse.
        Last edited by Halo_2; 17-12-2013, 07:48 PM.
        "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Working...
        X