Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jeffster in Perth - Suggestions Please

Hi guys & gals,

I am flying in to run tech on Havaianas - Havaianas Thong Challenge | Australia Day 2014 if you haven't been before come down and say g'day. I may be crazy busy but happy to have a chat.

I was going to fly in on the 23rd with the event on the 26th, the plan was to stay a few more days at the end for a holiday. I was looking for suggestions on stuff to do around the Perth area, and if I could rent a bike would be keen for a ride with a few peeps if anyone is available

Since I lurk / post on this forum it would be great to meet you guys in the flesh.

I only have training on the 24th so should have a lot of free time.

Things that would be great to get advise on would be:
    • fishing charters / spots
    • road trips (overnight)
    • best bars
    • best clubs
    • good place to eat
    • place to rent a bike

I have been to Perth for business a couple of times, but would like to spend a few days and just enjoy the city and surrounds. Any advice is appreciated

Bump. Really blokes no advice at all?

Comment

Originally posted by The Jeffster View Post
      Hi guys & gals,

• fishing charters / spots - Google charters out of lancelin, jurien bay, cervantes or greenhead. Close enough to perth to be a day trip (if someone else is driving ) but good enough fishing

• road trips (overnight) - Get some wine into ya around margaret River. Cliche, yes. Worth it, also yes.
      • best bars - I hate the general public, no comment.
      • best clubs - I hate the general public, no comment.
      • good place to eat - Where are you staying?
      Originally posted by tank-wombat
      Geoff seems like a wise man who's soul will slowly be destroyed by the stupidity of some people
      ----------------------------------------
      TRX 850.

Comment

I'm lucky I have a beach house courtesy of work to myself in Cottelsoe for 3 days, so anywhere near there.

Comment

Originally posted by The Jeffster View Post
          I'm lucky I have a beach house courtesy of work to myself in Cottelsoe for 3 days, so anywhere near there.
          road trips (overnight) - Jurien Bay coast drive.
          best bars - I hate bars, no comment.
          best clubs - I hate clubs, no comment.
          good place to eat - Bethesda Hospital has a fantastic cafe with some great views. Fremantle- eat yr heart out. esp. pasta addiction in Mouat St.
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_Blue_Dot

Comment

Thanks guys for the feedback liking the idea of renting a bike and cruising up Jurien bay way just for the day

Comment

Watch out for wild life.....
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_Blue_Dot

Comment

Langtree's.

Comment

Last edited by mstriumph; 29-12-2013, 10:20 PM. Reason: too harsh - 'tis the season, etc.
                  yes, i DO serve the devil - but only in an advisory capacity ...

Comment

Last edited by mstriumph; 29-12-2013, 10:23 PM.

Comment

What the fuck happened here?
                      In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

sorry, Crobbo ... hospitality 101 epic fail on my part ...................

I will try to do better ..............
                        Last edited by mstriumph; 29-12-2013, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Reading too much into an avatar perhaps and the choice of one word?

PS, I don't look like a gorilla. Well not anymore at least.
                          In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

Originally posted by mstriumph View Post
                            sorry, Crobbo ... hospitality 101 epic fail on my part ...................

I will try to do better ..............
                            Thanks for editing your posts and not hijacking the thread, inbox me if you feel you have something further to say.

Comment

If you get stuck, Rottnest Island is good for a day trip, if rather expensive. Hire a bike and ride round the island and stop in for a few beers after a swim at the Basin before hopping back on the ferry home.

Comment

Working...
                              X