Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to rego an unregistered boat

Is there a pit equivalent?

Do I need heaps of paper stating the history and that it has not been stolen?

Anything else?

Looking at a project jet ski and just wonder how hard it might be.

Also how many hp can I drive without skipper ticket?

You'll need a HIN number,
    (reputable boat dealer will help with this.)
    Boat registration

You can operate a boat 6hp or less without a rec skippers ticket,
    but get your skippers ticket anyway, you'll learn heaps and maybe save lives and avoid accidents on the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Aufitt View Post
      but get your skippers ticket anyway, you'll learn heaps and maybe save lives and avoid accidents on the water.
      Unbelievable, well done, you managed to type this with a straight face.
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

I'm with starfish those tickets are a joke everyone in my class passed and one guy nearly smashed the "Instructors" boat up onto the jetty as he had no experience even driving a boat, I asked where he would be taking his tinny in the future so as I could make a wide berth!
        Last edited by T.G; 26-12-2013, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Got overseas tickets and driven boats for years. Don´t want another BS "forklift ticket" although this one is even reasonably priced.

Comment

Depending on which os ticket you hold you'll be able to get it recognized and transferred for around 50 bucks. Even though, reading the booklet for the theoretical part makes sense as I found some signage was quite specific!

Comment

Oh that´s interesting

Comment

Working...
              X