Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help removing a tow ball please

Hi everyone.

I'm in a bit of a bind and I'd really appreciate some help if someone has the time to throw it my way.
    It's a bit time sensitive as I'm heading out of town early on Wednesday.

I have a tow ball that I need to remove so I can insert a piece for my bike rack - but the damned thing just spins on me.

If anyone can help out, I'd appreciate it.
    Beverages, some cash, whatever payment you require.

Thanks
    Rhino

Need a big-arsed pair of grips or a stilson to hold the ball in place whilst you go hard on the nut.

Have you soaked it around the bottom of the ball in Inox/WD-40/CRC to make it easier?

Sorry, can't help with the wrench, I got nothing that big.
    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

[MENTION=6225]Rhino[/MENTION]

I'm in Dianella and can help out soon if you PM your number
      It's better to be thought stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt

Pure speed in sixth gear on a 5,000 foot straightaway is one thing, but pure speed in third gear on a gravel-strewn, downhill, ess turn is quite another.
      Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

rattle gun a pipe brace and penetrene would do the trick, all of which i have but i'm now at boddington.

sorry mate.

Back for Wednesday
        Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Need help removing a tow ball please

Yeah I've soaked it in Inox.
          That might be part of the reason the ball is spinning as well.

I have a big arsed shifter (and true to form, rounded a couple of corners with it, but there is still plenty to work with).

Otherwise, the nut is 32mm.

I also have a Stillson wrench.

The last bit of thread on the bottom of the ball has taken some hits 4WDing, but I think we can work past it.

I mostly require a solid vice (mine is on a wobbly table and not good for strong work) and/or another strong pair of hands.

Comment

Obvious question is obvious, you are turning it the correct way? Sometimes confusing when it's upside down.
            -

Comment

Grinder , cutting disk , job done.
              REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
              (anarchy in english )

Comment

Yes.

Pulling it towards me, right to left.

Bloody tempting [MENTION=8900]shan[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino View Post
                  Yeah I've soaked it in Inox.
                  That might be part of the reason the ball is spinning as well.

I have a big arsed shifter (and true to form, rounded a couple of corners with it, but there is still plenty to work with).

Otherwise, the nut is 32mm.

I also have a Stillson wrench.

The last bit of thread on the bottom of the ball has taken some hits 4WDing, but I think we can work past it.

I mostly require a solid vice (mine is on a wobbly table and not good for strong work) and/or another strong pair of hands.
                  solid vice here, gas set to heat up if req,buzz me cuz

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Hmm - 32mm you say? I have a 6pt 32mm socket and a rattle gun, if you have the stillsons we can probablly get it off. Can drop by this afternoon if that suits.

Comment

Use a pipe on the stilsons as an extension if you can , and hold on FFS.
                      there is a high chance of panel damage or worst , smashed fingers.
                      REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                      (anarchy in english )

Comment

You working [MENTION=8418]potato[/MENTION]?
                        That might do the trick.
                        I might sneak out of the office.

[MENTION=6464]pnork[/MENTION] - I won't get a socket on it without grinding the rounded points back first.
                        I can't do that now, I'm at work, but I could do it this afternoon if everything else falls through.

Cheers Lads.

Comment

Originally posted by shan View Post
                          Grinder , cutting disk , job done.
                          ta [MENTION=8900]shan[/MENTION], he turned up,the ball spun in the vice,dropped it on the floor ,found the angle grinder put a cutting disc on

job done

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Best $16 I ever spent (for a new ball)

Thanks everyone.
                            potato - Outstanding moustache Sir!

Comment

Anti-seize the new one please.. for the next owner 20 yrs time

also stops them ever spinning and can be undone easily.

Comment

Working...
                              X