Buying a second hand trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a second hand trailer

Never done it. Possibly about to do it. What paperwork do I need to complete? Is it the same MR9 ( think thats it ) that you complete for a car?

Little stumped by the immobiliser part. Obviously a trailer won't have an immobiliser but there isn't a listed exemption for a trailer.

I know they might be stupid questions but I'm sure there will be all manner of stupid headaches dealing with a government department if I get it wrong.
    The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Yes same paperwork. Just tick no for the immobiliser part..

You're over thinking it. It's just a trailer - K.I.S.S

Comment

Good luck finding one in decent condition for a reasonable price. For some reason people seem to think their trailers appreciate in value.
      "Speed Kills". The stupid person's answer to a complex problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamster View Post
        Good luck finding one in decent condition for a reasonable price. For some reason people seem to think their trailers appreciate in value.
        Decent - Fingers crossed.

Reasonable price - Compared to new and freighted to Perth. Probably.

Soon find out. Be nice to have an enclosed trailer for trip east this time though. Get some of the shit out of the Golf.
        The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamster View Post
          i second this. some clowns seem to think that a rusted out unregistered trailer is worth as much as a brand new one. after ages looking, i just bought a brand new one
          "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

If you can stretch to buying new.. have a look at papas and loadstar.. they will not be worth a hell of a lot less when and if you sell..

Comment

Oh well said yes. It's Ash Flemmings trailer. Built like brick shit house and sits nicely behind the Golf. Is going to cost a bit more to tow but I'll sleep a lot better at night while we are away and save packing and unpacking the car about 6 times during the trip.

Do need to put a second front chock in and rear tiedown points but with the decent solid floor in it its going to be an easy job.
              The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

Working...
              X