Just wondering if someone has a spare pool pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wondering if someone has a spare pool pump

Hi.. just putting it out there, after reading on a face book page for an area near me, someone had their pool pump stolen last night.. next to an ally way and seems some low life has gone over the fence and kindly removed it.
    Just on the off chance someone has one sitting around that maybe good enough to do the job that I could offer them.
    Reading between the lines sounds like they a by no means wealthy and may not be able to replace it for some time.

Is this a pond pump or swimming pool pump? Mrs BOFH's parents had the pump from their koi pond stolen recently, again a very unwanted expense for people who can't easily afford it
    The correct number of bikes to own = N + 1, where N is the current number of bikes you own.

Comment

I assumed it was a pool pump. . Did not give it a thought to be honest. .

Comment

It would be a big job to steal a pool pump unless it was one of those little ones for above ground pools.
        The correct number of bikes to own = N + 1, where N is the current number of bikes you own.

Comment

Originally posted by BOFH View Post
          It would be a big job to steal a pool pump unless it was one of those little ones for above ground pools.
          Yeah I just visualized mine which is 1.5hp.. and figured easliy done..
          The post talked about the family hearing noises and going out to find it gone. .

Edit.. will go on the computer and cut and paste the info. .

Comment

This is a cut and paste of the stuff on face ache..

My parents house is right on an alleyway in camillo, between Ypres road and Felicia place. Last night between 9.00 and 9.30pm, last night (4/1/14) my parents heard a bang in the backyard. Dad went out to investigate with a torch and saw nothing and left it at that. Today at 3.30pm, my sister and nephew went to go into the pool and discovered that someone had jumped the fence and stolen the pool pump. They gained access by using a trolley and jumping over the fence. The brand name of the pool pump is a Onga and is black. We cannot use the pool without the filter. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

It's such a shame that my son now has to miss out on going in the pool because of these low lives!! Too bad if someone stole from them! My parents both work to try to maintain the household, Christmas last year was really small, mum has had to go through surgery for her arm and we just got back from a funeral - what else can go wrong for us!? My parents can't afford to get a new pump! Insurance will pay for a new one IF my parents can come up with $250 to pay them to do it. How the hell is anyone able to have that kind of money just after Christmas!!!! I hope the police find these fucks so we can name and shame them!! Who the fuck do these inconsiderate wastes of space think they are!? You are gonna get caught, you pricks! I hope it was worth it!!!!!!

The first paragraph is the initial post.. there was a few comments, and the 2nd paragraph was her main reply..

Comment

I don't have much to spare after Christmas but happy to chip in to a whip around.

Comment

Yeah maybe 5x50 could get a bunnings replacement. . See if someone remembers they have 3 spares under the bench and can part with one..
                I think lots of us feel the squeeze this time of the yeah..

Comment

Originally posted by spud027 View Post
                  How the hell is anyone able to have that kind of money just after Christmas!!!
                  By budgeting?

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                    By budgeting?
                    Yeah but I deal with a lot of low income families as a nurse in an acute mental health inpatient unit and any expense that big is a massive blow for some..

Comment

Originally posted by spud027 View Post
                      Yeah but I deal with a lot of low income families as a nurse in an acute mental health inpatient unit and any expense that big is a massive blow for some..
                      I do understand and this is a pretty shit scenario, but crying poor on Facebook wouldn't garner much support from me.

Comment

Community support & trying to give a little to those who need it is very gratifying.

Comment

I do understand and this is a pretty shit scenario, but crying poor on Facebook wouldn't garner much support from me.
                          Me neither but some strange unidentified force got me this time. ..

Comment

It might be different if they stole a pram or something.

Even though we both have the same amount of pool pumps now, they still have more pools than me. I'm sure they'll survive the heat like any other normal Aussie out there.

...In their ducted reverse cycle air-conditioned home.

Comment

Originally posted by WIGARUS View Post
                              It might be different if they stole a pram or something.

Even though we both have the same amount of pool pumps now, they still have more pools than me. I'm sure they'll survive the heat like any other normal Aussie out there.

...In their ducted reverse cycle air-conditioned home.
                              So am I reading it right.. no pump on offer.. bugger

Comment

Working...
                              X