Einstein's Theory of Relativity for Dummies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Einstein's Theory of Relativity for Dummies

Everything you need to know and be confused by.

"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Do they have a more basic version.
    Last edited by Crobbo; 16-01-2014, 09:37 AM.
    In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

I have often got off my Busa younger than when I got on!
      Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by Crobbo View Post
        Do they have a more basic version.
        Richard Feynman - The.Character.of.Physical.Law - Part 2 (full version) - YouTube

feynman FTW
        Originally posted by Bendito
        If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

sacrilege
          be dammed to 7 hells you infidels ,
          by no less than 9 gods and a peacock named fredric
          REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
          (anarchy in english )

Comment

Frickin' love Feynman - complete legend.

Comment

Why does the clock go to 13?
              sigpic

Comment

Didn't watch the video but for those that don't know, the gravitational pull of an object bends space and time, and a minute on a satellite in space travelling at 10,000kph+ is faster than a minute on earth because it is further away from the earth therefor the gravitational pull is weaker.

Black holes have such incredible mass that the gravity of it pulls in everything in reach past the event horizon and not even light can escape, the gravity is so strong that it doesn't just bend space and time but it turns it inside out, tearing the fabric of space and time (because they are one) and creating a black hole, where the debris goes is through the black hole plug aka singularity, crushing a planet down smaller than a basket ball, a golf ball, even an atom and is where time stops and is inevitably the death of everything in the universe.
                - XolituDe (Rick)

Comment

So, in theory, black holes will eventually condense everything and then the big bang will start over.

Comment

Possibly, in billions if not trillions of years to come.
                    Quantity of black holes will increase with the frequency of exploding stars, speeding up that inevitable process.
                    - XolituDe (Rick)

Comment

Originally posted by BusaSteve View Post
                      So, in theory, black holes will eventually condense everything and then the big bang will start over.
                      ^thats what people call the big crunch, its considered a possibility.

is not known for sure, its one of the things that the search to understand the nature of dark matter and unification of big and small physics seeks to answer.

the universe is expanding and the rate of expansion is accelerating, if one was to extrapolate from the existing state of the art then it would keep expanding ever faster.
                      Originally posted by Bendito
                      If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by g0zer View Post
                        is not known for sure, its one of the things that the search to understand the nature of dark matter and unification of big and small physics seeks to answer.

the universe is expanding and the rate of expansion is accelerating, if one was to extrapolate from the existing state of the art then it would keep expanding ever faster.
                        There possibly is no dark matter.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...ide-gas-clouds

Also due to this,
                        http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-25663810

The universe appears infinite.
                        http://io9.com/new-survey-supports-t...rse-1503361325

Dark matter never sat well with me to be honest, I suspect the cosmological constant doesn't actually exist.

Comment

Pics or it never happened!...lol!!

Comment

A lot of things to do with the universe are just theories, not proven fact and are forever changing because there are things out there that seem to defy the laws of physics as we know them, such as black holes and possible time travel.
                            - XolituDe (Rick)

Comment

Working...
                            X