The problem with Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem with Facebook

Interesting, and very true IMHO. Google+ is much better for most of what I want to do now.

"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Google what? I don't know anyone who uses that shit.

Comment

So you're saying that Google+ is the best social media that people don't use?
      Brb watching.

I heard of the pay to promote feature when it was first being brought in, I didn't know what the implications would be. So it looks like facebook will get progressively more crap, and hopefully go the way of Myspace etc.
      Last edited by AliastheJester; 17-01-2014, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Google+ isn't a Facebook substitute, but it's better social media. It isn't intended for sharing family photos. It only doesn't make sense if you use Facebook as the point of comparison.
        "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

sounds like an ad for promoting Google+ over facebook.

>>> What if we could have social media without using our names (have usernames instead) and without advertising or filtering?

eg. Diaspora
          Diaspora (social network) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

There must be at least 5 or 6 people on Google+ now so it is gaining popularity.
            Spiral out, keep going...

Comment

If you have a website and want better Google rankings, site links and Google Places to work properly, then a Google+ account linked to authorship, or a Google+ Page linked to publisher is a must do. Just sayin'

*Disclaimer - I am a authorised Google reseller.

Comment

People care too much about social media.

The guy in the video shits me, as though Facebook owes him something? Its a free service you cunt, sorry it isn't perfect for you.
                Originally posted by tank-wombat
                Geoff seems like a wise man who's soul will slowly be destroyed by the stupidity of some people
                ----------------------------------------
                TRX 850.

Comment

You have to have to have a google + account to comment on youtube, therefore google+ is full of youtube commentators?
                  Must be bastion of intellectual discourse....
                  Can you help with foster care?
                  http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Explosion View Post
                    You have to have to have a google + account to comment on youtube, therefore google+ is full of youtube commentators?
                    Must be bastion of intellectual discourse....
                    I've cancelled my + account and keep hitting the "skip" option whenever YouTube wants me to use my real name.
                    Originally posted by vk6hgr
                    My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

Originally posted by Daise View Post
                      I've cancelled my + account and keep hitting the "skip" option whenever YouTube wants me to use my real name.
                      I can picture it now.
                      Status update: "Today was a good one. Spent it with my Grandma."
                      299 dislikes, 10 "Fersths!" 20 "You're Grandma is a hore" and 8 "Bullshit. This is a repost from cats.org."
                      Can you help with foster care?
                      http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Originally posted by ge0ff View Post
                        People care too much about social media.

The guy in the video shits me, as though Facebook owes him something? Its a free service you cunt, sorry it isn't perfect for you.
                        The problem is, Facebook is starting to feel that way as if we owe it something. Facebook is only as valuable as the people logging on. The minute the people leave it's worthless (see MySpace)

I watched the video this morning, it was pretty interesting. I find the filtering works ok. Just learn to manipulate it by taking the effort to push like on the people you want to hear from when you see it as a valid status or post. My news feed runs pretty much the people I want to see. All the other friends on their I have are those from my past I rarely hear from or see anyway or I feel to rude to delete.
                        Tumblr | Website

Bicycles are a gateway drug to Motorcycles

Comment

Working...
                        X