Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have any ski/boarding gear they're interested in letting go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any ski/boarding gear they're interested in letting go?

Hey all,

The bosslady is over in Japan and my schedule has cleared up so I'm seriously considering jumping on the next flight over to join her.
    That being said, I'm wondering if any of you here have some gear you'd be willing to sell in the very immediate future. (Read maybe the 3 days.)
    Or advise where to pick up something not too pricey (if it exists) :mellow:
    As for sizing I'd be a 38-42 in the pants depending on sizing and probably a 2xl for a jacket.

Long shot I know but I figure it couldn't hurt to ask. ^_^

Thanks all,

Matt

Maybe a silly question but why not rent?

Any snow field will have heaps of places where you can rent everything, usually cheap, and you dont need to lug it over there.
    My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

If you are heading over for a couple of weeks, then renting is a good way to go. Before you go I would check what they have available in terms of sizes in the resort. I have found that what Asian countries think of as 2XL, is not necessarily the same as we do here.

It might be worth checking out Mainpeak in Cottesloe as I think they rent gear too.

If you are going for longer, then I would buy something. Again, Mainpeak may have some ex-rental stuff for sale.
      Adventure before Dementia

Comment

I thought I remembered renting gear to be a bit pricey, that's all.
        I'll check out main peak and others today.
        Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by bobinatcat View Post
          I thought I remembered renting gear to be a bit pricey, that's all.
          I'll check out main peak and others today.
          Cheers!

It depends really I have a jacket and pants that I got from a clothing outlet in the us for a grand total of around $60 bucks, so at that price its better to buy, but I can only imagine the Perth stores sell jackets for $200 so its probably cheaper to rent.

Its probably best to ship it from the US but if you are leaving very soon that wont work.
          My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Originally posted by bobinatcat View Post
            Hey all,
            Matt
            Where abouts are you heading Matt? I'm in Hakuba and have a spare board, jacket and gloves for someone about your size.

Heading off to Kyoto on the 23rd for 4 or so nights but back up after that.
            RAM MOTOSPORT ZX10 RR#191

Comment

Did you see these? http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-pants-168861/
              http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...ackets-168860/
              http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...oggles-168859/
              http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...rd-bag-168856/
              “How people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.”

Comment

Go here:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=35.69...num=1&t=m&z=19

The prices are USA-ish, and probably a darn sight cheaper than Perth. I recently bought a pair of K2 Darko Boa boots there for 14,000 for example.
                Either that or go for rental which is at all of the resorts. Unless you have size 11+ feet or more than 6' tall I don't think there'll be an issue.
                Doug

Comment

Cash Converters Gosnells.. I work as stock controller there and some of our new stock is snowboard stuff. A 'Never Summer' branded snowboard @ $109 inc carrybag. DC 'Ghost' boots, bindings, gloves, goggles. Call 08 9490 2777 & ask for Jacky..Thursdays is my day off, otherwise I work Mon ~ Sat & can answer any queries !! You did say a long shot...just trying to help....

You only live once, but live right and once is enough......

Comment

Thanks all for the offers and ideas, but I'm not longer heading over there. I would still be sourcing stuff for next time, but ideally I'm gonna be less fat for the next trip.

Originally posted by Professor Redfern View Post
                    It depends really I have a jacket and pants that I got from a clothing outlet in the us for a grand total of around $60 bucks, so at that price its better to buy, but I can only imagine the Perth stores sell jackets for $200 so its probably cheaper to rent.

Its probably best to ship it from the US but if you are leaving very soon that wont work.
                    I'll keep in mind for next time!

Originally posted by OptiC View Post
                    Where abouts are you heading Matt? I'm in Hakuba and have a spare board, jacket and gloves for someone about your size.

Heading off to Kyoto on the 23rd for 4 or so nights but back up after that.
                    No longer heading over but thanks for the offer mate!
                    Rnadom I didn't see any of that. Cheers.
                    Originally posted by Doug68 View Post
                    Go here:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=35.69...num=1&t=m&z=19

The prices are USA-ish, and probably a darn sight cheaper than Perth. I recently bought a pair of K2 Darko Boa boots there for 14,000 for example.
                    Either that or go for rental which is at all of the resorts. Unless you have size 11+ feet or more than 6' tall I don't think there'll be an issue.
                    Hahhahaha. Yep I'm above those two sizes! Thanks for the info though.

Originally posted by Jezzabelle View Post
                    Cash Converters Gosnells.. I work as stock controller there and some of our new stock is snowboard stuff. A 'Never Summer' branded snowboard @ $109 inc carrybag. DC 'Ghost' boots, bindings, gloves, goggles. Call 08 9490 2777 & ask for Jacky..Thursdays is my day off, otherwise I work Mon ~ Sat & can answer any queries !! You did say a long shot...just trying to help....
                    Good to keep in mind for next time!

Comment

Working...
                    X