Kiev is burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiev is burning

Live feed of the protests in Kiev. 5 dead, 300 injured so far.

The place looks post-apocalyptic.

Originally posted by vk6hgr
    My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Such a confusing thread title, thought it was about cooking?

FYI 13mins each side on 190C fan forced. Put the side they cut open to put in the garlic butter face up for the first 13mins so that it doesn't leak.

Back on track, looks horrendous.

Comment

Yeah, was watching this yesterday when it was mainly people milling around some burnt out cars/buses and a whole bunch of riot police massing in a line. Didn't look like it was going to end well then.

I don't think they got the memo that yesterday was Ukraine's Day of National Unity.......

Comment

Shit laws will bring revolt
        REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
        (anarchy in english )

Comment

The world is waking up, country by country

Comment

Originally posted by rnelson955 View Post
            Yeah, was watching this yesterday when it was mainly people milling around some burnt out cars/buses and a whole bunch of riot police massing in a line. Didn't look like it was going to end well then.

I don't think they got the memo that yesterday was Ukraine's Day of National Unity.......
            The camera had zoomed in on a cop/sniper in shooting stance aiming through the window of a burnt-out bus. Last night I saw a tank go through too.

It's like scenes from a movie. Very hard for my brain to deal with the fact that it is actually happening, and it's LIVE.

Comment

Originally posted by Daise View Post
              it is actually happening, and it's LIVE.
              Has anyone stayed up so late that sbs stops putting shows on the telly and then it goes to peaceful ,panoramic views of the world called worldwatch?
              that came on last night and as I relaxed on the couch, it went to kiev, I sat up to see more closely, but yep people clambering around all over the place
              ...and as I sailed through the air in slow motion , my life flashed before my eyes , and I found myself completely bored

Comment

Post-apocalyptic Ukrainian catastrophe.

I thought you were referring to this.

-

Comment

Overheard in kiev somewhere "but your majesty, the peasants are revolting!"
                  reply " they sure are "
                  ...and as I sailed through the air in slow motion , my life flashed before my eyes , and I found myself completely bored

Comment

Originally posted by boeman View Post
                    Such a confusing thread title, thought it was about cooking?

FYI 13mins each side on 190C fan forced. Put the side they cut open to put in the garlic butter face up for the first 13mins so that it doesn't leak.

Back on track, looks horrendous.
                    THANKS!!!! it seems obvious now but i have never thought of this before, i usually just have a cooked piece of chicken with a small amount of garlic sauce left inside the rest all over the oven tray!!
                    B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Molotov slingshot

Comment

reason for rioting or just boredom?

I think rioting has to be one of the stupidest forms of protest there is, we're angry with our government so we will smash up and burn everything we use. Then complain that government isnt providing
                        B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Shit Government... Same as Australia, but without facebook.
                          Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Can't say I blame them..

Why is it happening?
                            Protesters are fighting against President Viktor Yanukovych's refusal to sign a political and economic association pact with the EU after pressure from Russia.
                            The Ukrainian government had been working for years on a landmark trade deal with the European Union. In a sudden change of heart, Yanukovych backed out last November.
                            Eventually it was admitted, Russian pressure led to the turn around.
                            Also, wouldn't be the first time western influence has caused a "revolution" for their own gains.
                            What does Russia want?
                            Russian President Vladimir Putin would like to see the former Soviet states realigned. He wants to form an alliance to give the EU a run for its money and without Ukraine this dream is impossible.
                            He also believes the protests in Ukraine are led by western forces, referring to them as "pre-planned" and not like a revolution. He is splashing cash to put the pressure on, with deals to cut the price of gas in Ukraine and buying billions of dollars worth of government bonds.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Mike View Post
                              reason for rioting or just boredom?

I think rioting has to be one of the stupidest forms of protest there is, we're angry with our government so we will smash up and burn everything we use. Then complain that government isnt providing
                              They vowed to stand their ground and protect their patch of freedom.
                              The riots came to them in the firm hand of s shit government.
                              There are youth and Afghanistan vets side by side.
                              I don't know the full story but I would hesitate to say they are board.
                              Would you because your board stand in negative temps after work knowing the Gove might just shoot you.
                              REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                              (anarchy in english )

Comment

Working...
                              X