Pottz and Corona heading east

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pottz and Corona heading east

Purely for the purpose of making a few of you out there jealous myself and pottz are booked in for 3rd & 4th of March to scare the locals at Eastern Creek and then the 10th and 11th on the countries best bit of bitumen.

No fear of me breaking any records but there is surely a chance of Mr pottz breaking well er something

I'll be heading off with the bikes early around the 18th and doing the family thing in Adelaide for a week or so and then meeting pottz in Sydney. Few nice kick back and relax days in between are on the cards to but I'll keep that under the hat till I have embarrassing photos to post.

JLM will be joining us at PI but that will only make 3 of us in the garage ( can fit 6 ) so if anyone gets the itch feel free to join us at either or both.
    Last edited by Corona 122; 03-02-2014, 08:18 PM.
    The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Check with Aaiden and Mason Coote...they might be interested for PI... Aaiden is 96 on here...
    SP RACINGis supported by:
    MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
    Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
    Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by Stephan View Post
      Check with Aaiden and Mason Coote...they might be interested for PI... Aaiden is 96 on here...
      [MENTION=7912]pottz[/MENTION] was already into [MENTION=14762]96[/MENTION] about which tyres to take apparently.

Bags you a spot in the garage if you want it Aiden.
      The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

Pft, like I'm going to wait that long...

Will be riding PI at the WSBK round in ~3 weeks time.

In all seriousness though, PI days are all during the week, which means time off work, that I sort of need to keep for race rounds. So, cool offer, but probably can't be there.
        The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Oh no! 96 has a new identity

Anyway on to the important stuff. Revving pottz up.

Corona is on the road!!!

Everything was ready to go about 9am this morning ready for an early start tomorrow and I was kinda lost and being a general pest so I looked at Met Eye for the 400th time this week and jokingly said to the Mrs if I leave now I'd make Norsman before dark and get a tailwind almost all the way to Adelaide.

The reply I got was "You'd be silly if you don't". Not sure if she really expected me to hook trailer on and be gone 15 minutes later or wanted some peace and quiet for the afternoon.

Anyway first time towing Ash's old trailer with two bikes in it and some serious rearward packing of everything heavy to try get close to my 75kg drawbar load and the GTI did just awesome. Under 12lt/100km and didn't bat an eyelid at some of the longer hills even when it was saying 40° outside. Even pottz's dodgy welding on the 2nd set of rear lashing rings is looking good. I can see a lighter more streamlined trailer coming in the future but any reservations I had about GTI towing this one are well and truly gone.

Oh well good nights sleep tonight. Next stop Ceduna. 1200km is a much better target than the 1450km it was going to be getting to the Border.
          The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

205 & 221 somewhere near Coolgardie. Bit more style than [MENTION=7912]pottz[/MENTION] bunky open trailer last trip.
            The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

I made 1350 in the first day, stopped at mundrabilla, just shy of the border.

Hit port Wakefield on day 2.

Lift your game!
              The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Usual stop is the border for 1450km and would have been the target with an early start. Done Adelaide - Norseman 3 times in 3 different cars in a day solo when the plod were a little more flexible and you didn't get 2 points for a 1-9 over fine in South Aus.

I'm probably a little friendly with the unbraked weight ( putting it mildly ) so just taking it easy and saving a bomb on fuel.
                The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

Lots of breaks mate...better to get there an hour later than no at all...
                  SP RACINGis supported by:
                  MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
                  Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
                  Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Hope your doing the full smsp track? Awesome. Stay safe and have fun. Oh, there was a hottie backpacker working at balladonia when we went through too :-)
                    yes, i am ignorant
                    yes, i am a prick
                    no, i don't care
                    you make me sick

Comment

Pottz and Corona heading east

And the burger was awesome last trip to [MENTION=8416]shortSteve[/MENTION]

Don't think I'd get away with eating the backpacker though.

Yes full new track both days.

Never make it much more than about 150km without a piddle stop. Drink to much water. Good excuse to check wheel bearings and tiedowns. Just smash the fuel and go at the servos cos I know I'll be watering a tree not far down the road.
                      The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

Well me and [MENTION=20426]GETAGRIP[/MENTION] did melbourne return leg to perth in 41hours or something. I would not recommend that to anyone, regardless of bladder strength. Some nice sights to see out that way, gonna do the trip again one day at a more scenic pace :-)
                        yes, i am ignorant
                        yes, i am a prick
                        no, i don't care
                        you make me sick

Comment

Trailer getting special treatment tonight

After getting all of 3 hrs sleep ( Dam Red Bulls ) I managed to get from Norseman to Ceduna. GTI, Trailer and all the shit taking it in its stride.

Just astonished at the size of some of the caravans heading the other way. One was being towed by an older jeep that looked like an ant dragging a brick. The dam thing must have been the full 2.5m wide and near on 4m high. What a horrible expensive way to travel.

Only one bit of excitement and it wasn't even me. Some assclown in an almost brand new Plantman Service truck managed to run off the road about 500m infront of us. Full left lock with the right front wheel on the centerline and all 4 rears on the gravel at 100kp/h and about 30° sideways.

Still can't believe he didn't roll it or that he didn't pull up for a breather. Just kept the boot in and buggered off. Glad it wasn't mine
                          The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

Ride over ya big girl

Comment

Originally posted by lit View Post
                              Ride over ya big girl
                              Yep on two unlicensed trackbikes with all associated tools and shit plus general shit, presents and WA only booze to get through a month long holiday
                              The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X