• Show
Clear All

• Car tyres from the states

looking at buying car tyres from the states
    i normally buy my bike tyres from Jake Wilson

can anyone recommend a tyre place like JW

cheap tyres, cheap freight

tirerack.com

With shipping and excluding fitting costs I was about $400 in front on 2x 21 inch Dunlop Sportmaxx 325x35 tyres.

Comment

I use summit racing.
      What it can't reach it spits at

Comment

ive always wondered if the compounds were the same as the states, with them having concrete roads instead of bitumen,or do they?

more so car tyres than bike tyres though

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Originally posted by Spina View Post
          tirerack.com

With shipping and excluding fitting costs I was about $400 in front on 2x 21 inch Dunlop Sportmaxx 325x35 tyres.
          i got a price from them
          $400 for shipping
          works out more expensive then buying the same tyres here with fitting

Comment

Originally posted by potato View Post
            ive always wondered if the compounds were the same as the states, with them having concrete roads instead of bitumen,or do they?

more so car tyres than bike tyres though
            I believe only the main interstate highway are concrete to allow tanks to run on them with out damaging the surface...

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Homer View Post
              i got a price from them
              $400 for shipping
              That was a while back I suspect they have gotten greedy with the shipping cost then...bugger!

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Homer View Post
                i got a price from them
                $400 for shipping
                At present the exchange rate is not in your favour...

Comment

tirerack.com

i got a price from them
                  $400 for shipping

Comment

Was checking bike tyres yesterday,was cheaper to get them from Melbourne than USA

edit:- only checked Heidenau
                    Last edited by Moe; 04-02-2014, 01:39 PM.

Comment

That said I can say I have bought from Tempe Tyres in Sydney and they will beat any price in the country- to your door.

Sorry I forgot about these guys they are cheap! I used them on our ultimate track day trip last year when my oem bridgestones chewed themselves out in 2000km

Comment

Tempe Tyres...over East...are worth getting a price from.
                        Didn't read the whole thread so maybe they've already been mentioned?!
                        All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
                        #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
                        Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Anyone know if tyres from offshore are legal here?

One of the requirements for complaining an imported vehicle is new tyres.
                          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                            Anyone know if tyres from offshore are legal here?

One of the requirements for complaining an imported vehicle is new tyres.
                            Aren't all tyres produced overseas, I mean Bob Jane Aussie All Rounder isn't made in aus is it now?
                            Do we even actually manufacture tyres

Comment

Aren't all tyres produced overseas, I mean Bob Jane Aussie All Rounder isn't made in aus is it now?
                              Do we even actually manufacture tyres
                              All helmets are produced overseas, as are most cars - doesn't mean that the government has given them the stamp of approval for legality
                              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Working...
                              X