White square marks on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White square marks on the road

Noticed evenly space white squares and sometimes white points on the side of the road.

Saw them between Albany Hwy and Boddington, apparently there are more.

Is it, as it has been suggested by workmates, to give reference for drones or what ever to ping speeders?

I thought they were road accident markers or indicators for roadworks but more likely alien abduction pick up points..

Comment

Telephone access points, aka those concrete sink well things

Water valves on pipeline not far away?
      Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

Originally posted by ripper1199 View Post
        Noticed evenly space white squares and sometimes white points on the side of the road.

Saw them between Albany Hwy and Boddington, apparently there are more.

Is it, as it has been suggested by workmates, to give reference for drones or what ever to ping speeders?
        reference for drones or what ever to ping speeders
        Are you for real, too much tv dude.

Comment

Originally posted by skidz View Post
          reference for drones or what ever to ping speeders
          Are you for real, too much tv dude.
          Are you for real that you took it serious?
          Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

It's ok, you can take off the tin foil hat now mate. We're all friends here

Comment

I found it curious why anybody recently would have gone to the trouble and grind a little square out of the road and paint it white every 200 or 300 metres. It appears to be evenly spaced with nobody around in need for phones or anything I don't think.

Drones or regular little planes with constables operating a stop watch would not have been my first guess but they would probably pay for themselves quite quickly.

Comment

Braking and tip in markers.
                2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
                2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
                2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
                2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
                2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
                2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

They used to have marks on the road at a few places in Victoria that were used as timing markers for a spotter plane to time cars across and ping for speeding. There were some on the coast road down the Mornington Peninsula and some on the Hume I think. However I'm pretty sure that practice went out of fashion a very long time ago.

How big, how far apart and on what sort of road are they? They might be points to drop lights on to land an RFDS plane on the hwy.

Comment

15cm square in the middle of each lane of semi windy, two lane road. Markers are in corners too. I would probably avoid landing a plane there because it's hilly and there is trees. Every couple of squares there is dots on both outsides. They go all along that stretch of road 8 km along.

Comment

Originally posted by Al_86 View Post
                      They used to have marks on the road at a few places in Victoria that were used as timing markers for a spotter plane to time cars across and ping for speeding. There were some on the coast road down the Mornington Peninsula and some on the Hume I think. However I'm pretty sure that practice went out of fashion a very long time ago.

How big, how far apart and on what sort of road are they? They might be points to drop lights on to land an RFDS plane on the hwy.
                      This. Not sure about the RFDS, but would make sense.

Used to see them a lot driving across the nullabor.

Lol at tin-foil-hat comments. Naive much?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/police-aerial-squad-should-be-grounded-critics-say/story-e6freuzi-1225858115745

Comment

fire hydrant? check power poles adjacent for red band or H symbol....
                        Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

There is still a set of aerial speed check marks on the road between Rockingham and Mandurah.

Comment

Originally posted by ripper1199 View Post
                            They are braking markers.
                            One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Originally posted by Phildo View Post
                              They are braking markers.
                              Post #8 ma nigga.
                              2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
                              2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
                              2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
                              2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
                              2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
                              2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

Working...
                              X