Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint job

Hi,

Can anyone recommend somewhere to go SoR that can paint my car?

Its got a fair few chips and scuffs. The clear coat is completely gone in some places where someone tried to buff it leaving those circular buff marks. The front and rear bumper is plastic and that paints been scratched right off in places.

Pretty much just looking for somewhere that will redo the bonnet, bumpers, boot and 1 door. Or can you guys recommend somewhere I can take it to get a quote that isn't going to charge me the earth.

I see other black cars around and they look sexy. I see my black car and its all dull and depressing but I love the car.

I took it in to one mob and they said 'oh you have to match the whole car color (black) so you need to do the lot including the roof. $8k please. The car cost me 10k... I'm not great with things but I'm not totally retarded

Thanks in advance.

Josh.

Get a quote from Niall aka Potato at Straightline2Ten.
    If you love your motorcycle, set it free. If it comes back, you probably high-sided.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Blackmore View Post
      I took it in to one mob and they said 'oh you have to match the whole car color (black) so you need to do the lot including the roof. $8k please. The car cost me 10k... I'm not great with things but I'm not totally retarded

Thanks in advance.

Josh.
      Dave/Josh, I'm no spraypainter but if your black paint looks shit now won't a car with a bonnet, boot and bumpers freshly sprayed that look great and the rest of the car that looks shit going to look a bit.....well, shit?

Comment

Why are my spidey senses tingling?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich... View Post
          Maybe the car sites didnt give the answer he was looking for :mellow:

Comment

Originally posted by Rich... View Post
            Well my first thoughts were why sign off as Jeff when your nick is Dave Blackmore.
            In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

You can wrap your whole car in vinyl so much cheaper than painting!

Comment

fresh paint vs old paint looks shit. Had some stupid bint pull out of a t-junction straight into my in my first, and beloved car. Did a nice number along all the LHS panels. It got repainted after being repaired and looked great when looked at in isolation but when compared to the rest, looked shit. Being my first car I did clean and polish it a lot so the paint looked the same but if you're not going to polish it all the time it'll look crap.

Comment

House paint with a brush matt black for that post apocalyptic look and will cost less than $100 to paint entire car.

- - - Updated - - -

House paint with a brush matt black for that post apocalyptic look and will cost less than $100 to paint entire car.
                  Originally posted by Abuse this
                  Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Kane's collision repairs in Maddington have helped me out a few times, always happy with the job and the service and substantially cheaper than other quotes I received (08) 9459 2115
                    www.brandsense.com.au
                    sigpic

Comment

Black is a bitch of a shade to get right, especially if parts of it are already faded.

Try Owen at Meltham motors, he did the front end of one of my cars as a cashie and did a fantastic job with the blending.
                      Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
                      Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

Yeah, Big O at Meltham's is a legend. Worked with him a while back (not in P&P) and has always been passionate about his work.

Comment

Working...
                        X