Looking for a 4X4 version of PSB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a 4X4 version of PSB

Is there a good, PSB-type forum for WA/NT/SA 4X4 off-roading & camping?

The newest plan is to solo the Oodanatta track north, then the Tanimi to Hall's Creek. Everything I've read says those tracks are great for rookie 4x4 shake down trips. We'd like to do the Gibb River Road with a group in case we lose the Patrol in a river. Dates can be shuffled to match as we are not on a schedule.

After Gibb we will head south along the coast. Hope to meet Desmo and see the whale sharks. This would be June-ish or whenever.

Type '4wd forums Perth' into google and you get perth4x4.net

Sites like '4wdaction.com.au' and 'exploroz.com' have some good info too.

Comment

I plan to do the Canning Stock Route (on two wheels) in June, so might see you up that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Huggy View Post
        I plan to do the Canning Stock Route (on two wheels) in June, so might see you up that way.
        Canning is a track on my to-do list. Need lots of fuel. Are you going solo?

Comment

Yep, sure do need a lot. Enough for at least 1100km between K-mart (aboriginal community where fuel is available) and Wiluna.

Will be going solo. Adds risk obviously, but risk equals adventure

Comment

Type '4wd forums Perth' into google and you get perth4x4.net

Sites like '4wdaction.com.au' and 'exploroz.com' have some good info too.
            I was thinking a PSB, pre-approved group would dovetail nicely.

I'll check out 4x4Perth.

Comment

Yep, sure do need a lot. Enough for at least 1100km between K-mart (aboriginal community where fuel is available) and Wiluna.

A couple sweep trucks following at a discreet distance would be cool. Hell, make it a caravan!

- - - Updated - - -

A couple sweep trucks following at a discreet distance would be cool. Hell, make it a caravan!

Comment

Perth4x4.net - Western Australias Largest 4WD Community
                __________________________________________________ ____________
                "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"

Comment

Originally posted by jjgres View Post

There are some companies that do motorbike trips along there. Just standard offroad bikes, BYO or they supply them.
                  Truck follows allow with gear, food, water and fuel. Camp together at night, then spear off each morning along the track.
                  Would be a fun trip, but it's quite expensive and the idea of doing it self supported just appeals to me.

Comment

Perth 4x4 definitely the best.

A lot of guys on there that donate time to training up rookies too and have group trips.

Comment

There are some companies that do motorbike trips along there. Just standard offroad bikes, BYO or they supply them.
                      Truck follows allow with gear, food, water and fuel. Camp together at night, then spear off each morning along the track.
                      Would be a fun trip, but it's quite expensive and the idea of doing it self supported just appeals to me.
                      Solo motorcycle on the Canning is a challenge. I don't think you'll be bored. Can you have fuel dropped? It would make more room for water.

Comment

Rats. Can't join Perth4x4 as they do not allow yahoo-gmail-hotmail type email addresses.

I don't have a non-generic address. Let me see if Boost comes with an addy I can use.

Comment

Here is an option for a ride through the scrub.

Adventure Tour
                          They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Originally posted by jjgres View Post
                            Hope to meet Desmo and see the whale sharks. This would be June-ish or whenever.
                            No shit?

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                              No shit?
                              None. You're in Exmouth, right?

I'll PM when we get a few days away.

Comment

Working...
                              X