Form over Function - "Stanced" car pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.
    Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Mike View Post
      Not that it applies in the above examples but increased camber helps with cornering grip, have a look at a V8 super car they run quite a bit of negative camber in the front.
      Also quickens the steering and when combined with increased caster can make for a very sharp handling vehicle.
      Although like I said "stance" vehicles take it so far it has an adverse effect.
      That's mostly because the supertaxis don't handle very well to begin with. They roll a lot more than most other racing cars.

You don't see that much neg on an F1 car, or even a superGT/DTM car

Originally posted by Desmo
      Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

There's a fair bit on the fronts of the F1 cars. There was a shot from Melbourne this year I think where a few cars were lined up in the pits for qualifying and it looked funny seeing straight(ish) rears and cambered fronts all lined up one after the other
        I've got a Blade, I'm not afraid...

CBR1000RR - 171HP|114Nm|Yoshi CF Slipon WRX STI - 266HP|399Nm|Ultrex 3"TBE|PW CAI

Comment

^ while googling for images from above, I found this! Lol

CBR1000RR - 171HP|114Nm|Yoshi CF Slipon WRX STI - 266HP|399Nm|Ultrex 3"TBE|PW CAI

Comment

Originally posted by JamieBlade View Post
            There's a fair bit on the fronts of the F1 cars. There was a shot from Melbourne this year I think where a few cars were lined up in the pits for qualifying and it looked funny seeing straight(ish) rears and cambered fronts all lined up one after the other
            Remember F1 cars have a 13in rim with a higher profile tyre than almost any other race car so there is heaps more sidewall flex that brings the surface of the tyre back flat. Also create stupid amounts of downforce to flatten them further.

It's not really comparing apples with apples looking at the camber they are running.
            The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

Form over Function - "Stanced" car pics

Agreed, I was responding to Commander's post

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Keen View Post
                That's mostly because the supertaxis don't handle very well to begin with. They roll a lot more than most other racing cars.

You don't see that much neg on an F1 car, or even a superGT/DTM car

Look at the wing and rest of the aero package on a F1 or the example above they don't even compare to V8 super cars. Most low to mid level factory based racing cars will run negative camber
                B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

flame away but can someone explain to me what camber is?

#knowsfuckallaboutcars

Comment

Done right, will assist cornering as the forces at play when going around a corner will put more rubber on the road. The other way is often unladen vehicles that work better when they are carrying goods.

Also used to describe roads... positive and negative camber ... one type will help you go around a corner (think Nascar oval) one will not, (think most roads as they are designed with negative camber both sides of the centre line to assist drainage of water).
                    Last edited by TurboR1; 10-04-2014, 09:38 AM.
                    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

http://www.carbibles.com/suspension_bible.html

No work for you today

Comment

Working...
                      X