Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every crash you have on a bike is your fault, you should know this by now mfox, not that you crashed however. But to everyone saying what if it was a mother with a pram, bicycle, pedestrian etc... I don't think they would be trying to cross a lane of traffic moving at 40kph, let alone without looking right first.
    Here lies the body of Harold Day
    He knew it was his right of way.
    He was right, dead right, as he rode along
    But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by llbuono View Post
      Its kinda ironic this rider did what most guys think is the cars domain, my opinion is if i am having too many
      near misses in a three month period i would adjust my style, but it is was good observation / riding to avert the collision.
      Possibly the most coherent thing you have ever said on this forum, I congratulate you for making some sort of progress. Well Done.

Rest in Peace

Comment

• Originally posted by llbuono View Post
        Its kinda ironic this rider did what most guys think is the cars domain, my opinion is if i am having too many
        near misses in a three month period i would adjust my style, but it is was good observation / riding to avert the collision.
        Agreed. That was my first near miss since commuting to work in peak hour 5 days a week since June.

Comment

• I nearly endoed my abs cbr600rr on my r class test.

Edit: as long as the rear keeps spinning, you should be able to endo an abs bike. Stoppies are harder.
          '====
          //`
          -Magilla
          They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred
          Eligible to shadow R & R-E NOW

Comment

• Originally posted by mansonitefirefox View Post
            Agreed. That was my first near miss since commuting to work in peak hour 5 days a week since June.
            After this incident how was your ride the rest of the way to work? I'm guessing tensed up, angry and mind not 100% where it should be?
            Near misses happen it's part of riding but how you react post incident can be the most deadly.
            B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

• In all fairness - the other rider had a near miss that he seems to be completely oblivious to... had he complained about almost getting taken out by masonitefirefox, we would have told him it was his fault too!

IMO the other rider does have some blame in this, definitely more than 50%, however I do agree each individual rider needs to be making up for other peoples mistakes, no use arguing about who was to blame from a hospital bed or worse...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr_Mike View Post
                After this incident how was your ride the rest of the way to work? I'm guessing tensed up, angry and mind not 100% where it should be?
                Near misses happen it's part of riding but how you react post incident can be the most deadly.
                Exactly that. Fucking fuming while watching this cunt ride along like nothing happened.

Knew it was a stupid idea, so I changed lanes and got the hell away from him and took my anger out on my keyboard like a real man lol

Comment

Exactly that. Fucking fuming while watching this cunt ride along like nothing happened.

Knew it was a stupid idea, so I changed lanes and got the hell away from him and took my anger out on my keyboard like a real man lol
                  B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

• How do we still not have a like button?

Comment

near miss
                      Originally posted by Mr_Mike View Post
                      Near misses
                      Originally posted by out_in_front View Post
                      near miss
                      Was there a lady involved? Could she act as a witness?
                      They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

• So, last night some delinquent stole one of my car windows.

Yes, you read that right.

Cntz.
                        The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by 66 View Post
                          So, last night some delinquent stole one of my car windows.

Comment

This is basically EXACTLY how I had my first big crash, except I wasn't splitting and it was a car pulling out. I may have been in the right but my own inattention helped cause the incident.

I wasn't looking for someone to pull through stationary traffic which is why I ended up in hospital for a while.

You need to remember that EVERYONE is trying to kill you. Not just car drivers.
                            Originally posted by Desmo
                            Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Commander Keen View Post
                              remember that EVERYONE is trying to kill you.

Comment

• Originally posted by thro View Post
                                If only you had ABS

Pretty much that. If you can't SEE things, assume they ARE THERE. Don't assume all clear. Yes, this may mean splitting slower than warp. I see far too many people splitting stopped traffic WAY faster than they probably should. Counter-intuitively, splitting traffic moving at 100+ is WAY SAFER.

Always be wary riding next to stopped traffic - especially near intersections. For the reason you've discovered.
                                This one is quite well-known, I think the motorcyclist was at fault for splitting too fast on not seeing the old lady. There's stationary cars so people don't expect a moving vehicle, its our job to look out for them. I think if there was an intersection and a car turned trough a gap in the cars, he would have been all over the bonnet.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by mansonitefirefox View Post
                                June 200?
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X