X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barfy's thread for 'getting it off your chest' v2.0

Originally posted by agrid View Post
    This one is quite well-known, I think the motorcyclist was at fault for splitting too fast on not seeing the old lady. There's stationary cars so people don't expect a moving vehicle, its our job to look out for them. I think if there was an intersection and a car turned trough a gap in the cars, he would have been all over the bonnet.

My home town that. That roads an absolute cunt as its a main thoroughfare through the city for both cars and pedestrians, not to mention has a fair few pubs close by.

Comment

• Originally posted by out_in_front View Post
      In all fairness - the other rider had a near miss that he seems to be completely oblivious to... had he complained about almost getting taken out by masonitefirefox, we would have told him it was his fault too!

IMO the other rider does have some blame in this, definitely more than 50%, however I do agree each individual rider needs to be making up for other peoples mistakes, no use arguing about who was to blame from a hospital bed or worse...
      Oh definitely the other rider is at fault (as well).

But as with any accident on a bike, you need to deal with other people doing dumb shit. Who's fault it is, is irrelevant really.

Whether it's their fault or yours, you're going to get fucked up if there is a collision. Ride defensively.

Originally posted by agrid View Post
      This one is quite well-known, I think the motorcyclist was at fault for splitting too fast on not seeing the old lady. There's stationary cars so people don't expect a moving vehicle, its our job to look out for them.
      Exactly.

If you're doing something unusual (and by regular traffic standards, splitting is unusual, irrespective of being legal or not), don't expect other people to take you doing it into account.

The legality BS and determination of fault only applies to the court-room, after an accident happens. The ideal situation is not getting tangled up in an accident in the first place.
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

• I was lane splitting at a reasonable rate through freeway traffic crawling along at about 20kph the other day, when I was startled by another bike squeezing past me on my left.
        apparently I wasn't splitting fast enough and you can push past another splitter undertaking them on the left if a gap that looks big enough arises. then shook his head as he zoomed away like I was to blame.
        what happened to the quick rev of the motor (clutch pulled in) to let people know you are behind and coming through?
        get your own lanes to split you mug.
        ...and as I sailed through the air in slow motion , my life flashed before my eyes , and I found myself completely bored

Comment

• What happened to using your mirrors, you mug?
          The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottricho View Post
            I was lane splitting at a reasonable rate through freeway traffic crawling along at about 20kph the other day, when I was startled by another bike squeezing past me on my left.
            apparently I wasn't splitting fast enough and you can push past another splitter undertaking them on the left if a gap that looks big enough arises. then shook his head as he zoomed away like I was to blame.
            what happened to the quick rev of the motor (clutch pulled in) to let people know you are behind and coming through?
            get your own lanes to split you mug.
            If there's a sufficient gap, I'll take it.

Originally posted by 66 View Post
            What happened to using your mirrors, you mug?
            That.
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

• [QUOTE=thro;3151517]If there's a sufficient gap, I'll take it.

It would be a good idea to flash high beam to the guy in front that makes you notice your mirrors too, there seems to be a lot of inattention amongst riders and drivers from what I read.

Comment

• Dropped my lid yesterday and got a massive crack in the spoiler at the back… but am surprisingly not too pissed about it. I did like the lid though so shame they don’t make them anymore. This was a replacement lid for the one I binned at the track – did more damage with it dropping from 1m high vs an 80km/hr stack on the track – so as suspected, the empty shell makes for far greater damage.

Comment

• wtf is up with some riders out there being afraid to lane split when there is a cop?

All fine and dandy to split the whole length of the freeway, see a cop on a bike and they all stop doing it, but still block the path so I can't get past.

Fucking move out of the way.

I am confident in my abilities to split in front of a cop without breaking the dozen other laws that splitting "bends", that's my choice. Shift your ass and let me and the 4 other bikes stuck behind you get to work.

Comment

• Originally posted by mansonitefirefox View Post
                    wtf is up with some riders out there being afraid to lane split when there is a cop?

All fine and dandy to split the whole length of the freeway, see a cop on a bike and they all stop doing it, but still block the path so I can't get past.

Fucking move out of the way.

I am confident in my abilities to split in front of a cop without breaking the dozen other laws that splitting "bends", that's my choice. Shift your ass and let me and the 4 other bikes stuck behind you get to work.
                    Unrego'ed bike, stolen plates, fender eliminator...

Take your pick
                    Last edited by Supdog; 12-12-2014, 12:21 PM.
                    Here lies the body of Harold Day
                    He knew it was his right of way.
                    He was right, dead right, as he rode along
                    But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong.

Comment

• ^YUP! Most of us have mods that are potentially yellow sticker worthy should WAPOL be in a bad mood that day.
                      Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
                      Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

• Originally posted by Supdog View Post
                        Unrego'ed bike, stolen plates, fender eliminator...

Take your pick
                        Then get out of my way and let me ride.

Comment

• Bloke on a dirt bike in Midland yesterday (Looked a bit like Mad Dog but wasn't) no indicators so when he wanted to change lanes he stuck his right hand out and left it up to others to figure out what the fuck he was gonna do. Would have been better off not confusing everyone.

I went for my licence when hand signals were compulsory for tests and I recognized none of his signals.
                          They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

• Originally posted by mansonitefirefox View Post
                            Then get out of my way and let me ride.
                            Need to stop letting people get on your tits mate.
                            Get some balance here https://www.perthstreetbikes.com/for...23414&page=244
                            look where you want to go~

Comment

• Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
                              What if instead of a bike it was a mother with a pram crossing the road thinking traffic was stationary?

You were riding too fast for the conditions (ie. reduced visibility vs braking distance). Glad you got away with it, but keep it in the back of your mind for the next time you're in this situation. It could be a car getting impatient and trying to change into the moving lane.
                              Good point Barfy
                              A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a Unicorn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Olorin View Post
                                Need to stop letting people get on your tits mate.
                                Get some balance here https://www.perthstreetbikes.com/for...23414&page=244
                                I really need the weekend...

Comment

Working...
                                X