X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by andymac View Post
    1) Summer flu. Get fucked.

2) Double demerits half way through December? Get fucked.

3) All the people posting "we'll pray for you" when that kid went missing from Landsdale. How did that work out for you (and him)?
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing?
    Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God?
    Food for thought for a member of the unwashed like myself.

In other news, I was riding along today, happily stewing away in my old helmet.

Had a thought pop into my head [had plenny of room as had no spatial awareness gobbling up valuable brain cells].

Was the human evolution of our legal system designed primarily to protect those who operate outside of it?
    Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by andymac View Post
      1) Summer flu. Get fucked.

2) Double demerits half way through December? Get fucked.

3) All the people posting "we'll pray for you" when that kid went missing from Landsdale. How did that work out for you (and him)?
      "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
      Then he is not omnipotent.
      Is he able, but not willing?
      Then he is malevolent.
      Is he both able and willing?
      Then whence cometh evil?
      Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God?
      Because God works in mysterious ways....
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by XSorXpire View Post
        Because God works in mysterious ways....
        I've met dodgy twats like him, never done a days work ( OK allegedly worked seven days straight once) in his life yet always has money for a pint or two and somehow supports a multitude of kids.
        I'm doin it wrong.

Comment

• So our office christmas do was supposed to be yesterday arvo, only it wasn't, the one for our company was shitcanned - worldwide, also our part of the group was not invited to any other do the company put on here or the one that went ahead in Brisbane which they had at a very schmick hotel last weekend. Even the sister company that share our building were allowed to have theirs, their boss is class all the way, said that we could come out with them, but we declined, as we didn't want to get them in the shit for spending too much money, as there are 6 of us total in the building it would be pretty obvious on the bill that there were more people present than what the bill should have been.

The bit that galls me the most is that in the most recent group newsletter we got a very nice, glowing even, write up about how well our company is doing, that we are leading the way yadayadayada. Obviously with the market downturn corporate have taken a hit across the board, which instigated a global cost cutting drive, most of which has been staff, people with 19/20+ years of experience are being let go, our ME ops have had a massive cut in personnel, far east have already taken a kick in the nuts, rumour has it they're going to get another one, UK have been shredded and North America are nexy - keep in mind that is just our company, there are something like 9 other sister firms in the division, plus all the other divisions

So do I have any loyalty left to our corporate overlords - fuck no

Am I going to be looking for work in the new year? - fuck yeah
          DO NOT TOUCH - Probably the most unsettling thing to read in braille.

Comment

• Originally posted by potato View Post
            killing the you never know if you never go bug,

so, this morning i go and get some kk doughnuts on the way in

well, um, overpriced? very average ?

it must be the hype , i wasn't brain washed enough
            I saw a couple of jerks at domestic arrivals last Sunday getting off the plane with big boxs of Krispy Kremes like everyone used(?) to do.

I guessed they were pretty happy with themselves cause they were going to be the life of the party with their gift of exotic doughnuts you can't get in Perth...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Venkman View Post
              So our office christmas do was supposed to be yesterday arvo, only it wasn't, the one for our company was shitcanned - worldwide, also our part of the group was not invited to any other do the company put on here or the one that went ahead in Brisbane which they had at a very schmick hotel last weekend. Even the sister company that share our building were allowed to have theirs, their boss is class all the way, said that we could come out with them, but we declined, as we didn't want to get them in the shit for spending too much money, as there are 6 of us total in the building it would be pretty obvious on the bill that there were more people present than what the bill should have been.

The bit that galls me the most is that in the most recent group newsletter we got a very nice, glowing even, write up about how well our company is doing, that we are leading the way yadayadayada. Obviously with the market downturn corporate have taken a hit across the board, which instigated a global cost cutting drive, most of which has been staff, people with 19/20+ years of experience are being let go, our ME ops have had a massive cut in personnel, far east have already taken a kick in the nuts, rumour has it they're going to get another one, UK have been shredded and North America are nexy - keep in mind that is just our company, there are something like 9 other sister firms in the division, plus all the other divisions

So do I have any loyalty left to our corporate overlords - fuck no

Am I going to be looking for work in the new year? - fuck yeah
              Yup my work cries poor all the time but a slip up of financials showed they're sitting very pretty. Our team was going to go out for Xmas lunch but it got knocked on the head by the CEO citing we are below budget figures... well, the Board still managed to go out for lunch the week before, the CEO still managed to go to a $2K luncheon etc. Maybe they need to evaluate if their budget figures are actually achievable rather than some fictional figure they hope to achieve in order to line their shareholder pockets further...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                Yup my work cries poor all the time but a slip up of financials showed they're sitting very pretty. Our team was going to go out for Xmas lunch but it got knocked on the head by the CEO citing we are below budget figures... well, the Board still managed to go out for lunch the week before, the CEO still managed to go to a $2K luncheon etc. Maybe they need to evaluate if their budget figures are actually achievable rather than some fictional figure they hope to achieve in order to line their shareholder pockets further...
                My sentiments exactly, expect everything and give nothing in return and then be a complete hypocrite to top it off

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Venkman View Post
                  My sentiments exactly, expect everything and give nothing in return and then be a complete hypocrite to top it off
                  Yep take take take.. So what's happened is people have stopped giving and no longer work the long hours they used to... CEO gets shitty cos people aren't working long hours - for what? No reward... he patrols the orrifice at 5:05PM and 5:35PM to see who's still at work. 3 moar work days to go!

Comment

• Originally posted by boeman View Post
                    Decided today that I just cant block everyone on facebook.

Fucking hate it.

New Years Resolution is to delete it.
                    It has some purpose. Mistake I made was friending some people in an effort to get some balance in opinion rather than just what I would like to hear/read etc....but there are some really bitter people out there (no, NOT realists - just damaged and bitter or so fundamentally political that it become caricature)

Just cull the friends list, make it private, then go from there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skut View Post
                      It has some purpose. Mistake I made was friending some people in an effort to get some balance in opinion rather than just what I would like to hear/read etc....but there are some really bitter people out there (no, NOT realists - just damaged and bitter or so fundamentally political that it become caricature)

Just cull the friends list, make it private, then go from there.
                      I'm horrified by some of the thing I see posted on Facebook. Where did the compassion go. So much hatred.
                      Originally posted by Abuse this
                      Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Yep take take take.. So what's happened is people have stopped giving and no longer work the long hours they used to... CEO gets shitty cos people aren't working long hours - for what? No reward... he patrols the orrifice at 5:05PM and 5:35PM to see who's still at work. 3 moar work days to go!
                        Same here, 3 to go, taking some leave over the break as well, 43 days in the bank not counting long service or sick leave, will also be taking some around the time of Missus V's exams/assignments due in next semester and anything else that takes my interest.

Comment

• Work getting on top of me at the moment, never hated a job more than this presently. Oh and fuck you gastro! Whole family since Thursday. Still not 100% and due a pineapple or two at work on Monday. Maybe Tuesday will be Falling Down Day!

Comment

• Originally posted by mekon View Post
                            Oh and fuck you gastro! Whole family since Thursday. Still not 100%
                            Oh, that doesn't fill me with confidence - been pretty damned sick myself today... assume it's a tummy bug of some sort - never suffered from it before :/

Comment

• Perth water..
                              " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

Oh, that doesn't fill me with confidence - been pretty damned sick myself today... assume it's a tummy bug of some sort - never suffered from it before :/
                                Looking after my pregnant sick wife whilst feeding the 21 month old in his high hair when I had to reach for his little red toy bucket and spew into it.

Then managed to slop the contents on the way to the bathroom.

I'm just glad that on Thursday I waited a few minutes as I felt a bit off. If I'd left as usual there would have been a man in shit filled trousers standing on the side of the road with vomit spewing from his helmet.

Comment

Working...
                                X