This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gixxer 7 View Post
    After a busy week at work and my boss upped her medication to make herself feel better I still have a job again !

So do i move on ??
    Run.

Fast.
    One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

• Starting to think this is the worst week of my 40 years on earth.

Someone is going to fucking pay dearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by Abuse this
      Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

• I'd love to run my own... From home or a shop.
        But considering i couldnt even get a car loan 2 months ago i cant see anyone loaning us dollars for framing equipment in a hurry.

Thats why the drop in pay is a worry... Framing pays pretty shit money. I love what i do... I really do, but i'm starting think its just time for a change.

Just get out all together and do something different :-)
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mekon View Post
          Starting to think this is the worst week of my 40 years on earth.

Someone is going to fucking pay dearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          More move drama ????
          sigpic

Comment

• She is definitely going to fuck you over soon, look for something else so you can fuck her over first.
            -

Comment

I'd love to run my own... From home or a shop.
              But considering i couldnt even get a car loan 2 months ago i cant see anyone loaning us dollars for framing equipment in a hurry.

Thats why the drop in pay is a worry... Framing pays pretty shit money. I love what i do... I really do, but i'm starting think its just time for a change.

Mate, I know nothing about your game at all, but are there machines that you can get in ordert to operate until your cash flow strengthens? [for a home based biz of course]

I see stuff come up all the time and clearance items as well, so maybe tool up and start operating on a small scale PRIOR to shit hitting the fan and when it gets messy, you are already up and running.

I would be a tragedy to see someone who likes what they do have to move along due to situations they cannot control...
              Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ReCon View Post
                Mate, I know nothing about your game at all, but are there machines that you can get in ordert to operate until your cash flow strengthens? [for a home based biz of course]

I see stuff come up all the time and clearance items as well, so maybe tool up and start operating on a small scale PRIOR to shit hitting the fan and when it gets messy, you are already up and running.

I would be a tragedy to see someone who likes what they do have to move along due to situations they cannot control...
                Easiest way to go is finding second hand stuff.. Can usually get manual cutters and joiners on gumtree and the like. Theres a full set on there now for 6500... Which is a little overpriced. Hard one to find is a mat cutter, and thats where the big dollars are.... New ones are 30 - 130 k.. Second hand are pretty cheap but finding a good one is not so easy.
                The worst part is my boss sold our old one for 4500 to someone... I just didnt have the cash at the time as it was when baby number 2 came along.

And now that number 3 is here its the same thing again... Me and the missus need a new hobby i think ! :-P haha..... The games room in this house would fit everthing i need to work in there too... Dont know how the landlord would feel about it tho ??

I'm sure we'll figure something out... And if i move on and the shop shuts down at least i'll know where to pick up the
                equipment i need nice and cheap ;-)

Edit: just found everything needed for 22k... In melbourne tho. Wonder what postage would be !???? Probably 22k !
                :-P
                Last edited by Gixxer 7; 06-05-2016, 11:31 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

I'd love to run my own... From home or a shop.

I went through this about 13 years ago, I'd been a cabinetmaker since I left high school and loved my job but injuries etc and the shit money made me start looking for something different 12 years in Corrections and still happy with the move Yeah there are bad days but I'm not coming home in pain every day and the money isn't bad
                  #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                  Originally posted by Phildo
                  Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                  Originally posted by filbert
                  i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                  Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

• I ended up in this job because of injuries... Got run over doing motorcycle courier work... Which ended with me doing furniture making/upholster work... Stuffed the base of my back doing that... Then ended up picture framing.

Might be time to break something again ! Haha :-D
                    sigpic

Comment

Easiest way to go is finding second hand stuff.. Can usually get manual cutters and joiners on gumtree and the like. Theres a full set on there now for 6500...
                      Is there much demand for this sort of stuff? Go make an offer.

Originally posted by Gixxer 7 View Post
                      The worst part is my boss sold our old one for 4500 to someone... I just didnt have the cash at the time as it was when baby number 2 came along.
                      Find out who bought it, contact that person and make it known that you’ll buy if if he/she doesn’t end up using it.

Me and the missus need a new hobby i think !
                      https://www.perthstreetbikes.com/for...d.php?t=109034

And if i move on and the shop shuts down at least i'll know where to pick up the equipment i need nice and cheap ;-)
                      This.

Be prepared.

Talk to your parents and her parents. Have money lined up. Get landlord details while you’re still able to.

If/when the shop shuts then call the landlord ASAP. If the shop shuts then it’s because numerous weeks of rent hasn’t been paid.

This also means that the existing chick will need cash in a hurry.

If there’s pride involved then she might hold off on selling stuff to you. Instead, see if there’s a deal with the landlord where he offers to accept the stuff in exchange for rent… because he just wants to get the place cleared quickly.

That way everything’s in place, and you can start operating immediately. Bonus points if you can keep the same phone number.

Edit: just found everything needed for 22k... In melbourne tho. Wonder what postage would be !???? Probably 22k !
                      Fly to Melbourne cheaply (eg Tiger Air). Rent a van and trailer, and drive it all back to Perth.
                      One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

Comment

• All good points :-)
                        Will make some sort of plan.....

I know the old mat cutter is being used... I get calls every few months at work from the guy asking how to do stuff.

No snip for me yet... I'm stupid and want a 4th !! Will stop then.... Unlike my younger half brother. He now has 9 !!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Easiest way to go is finding second hand stuff.. Can usually get manual cutters and joiners on gumtree and the like. Theres a full set on there now for 6500... Which is a little overpriced. Hard one to find is a mat cutter, and thats where the big dollars are.... New ones are 30 - 130 k.. Second hand are pretty cheap but finding a good one is not so easy.

And now that number 3 is here its the same thing again... Me and the missus need a new hobby i think ! :-P haha..... The games room in this house would fit everthing i need to work in there too... Dont know how the landlord would feel about it tho ??

I'm sure we'll figure something out... And if i move on and the shop shuts down at least i'll know where to pick up the
                          equipment i need nice and cheap ;-)

:-P
                          Auction clearance looks to be the go.

Quite a few businesses and other private entities have gone to Auction over the last 6 months or so, which is a bonus for the buyer!

If you see something come up, go in with a lowball offer. The worst you will get is a no, or maybe a counter offer that is to your liking.

Auction turnover rates are higher atm , but at really low prices. Looks like profit takers and investors getting hold of stuff for cheap in order to put away for better times. No harm in being one fo them.
                          Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

Can usually get manual cutters and joiners on gumtree and the like. Theres a full set on there now for 6500...

Originally posted by ReCon View Post
                            If you see something come up, go in with a lowball offer. The worst you will get is a no, or maybe a counter offer that is to your liking.
                            Go and have a look at the stuff. Be polite, apologise for taking up their time, because you've only got a budget of $2,000 for now.

Leave your phone number, and explain that if the price drops in the future then to call you. Meanwhile, you'll keep trying to find some more money.

Be all charismatic and likeable. It's all about sincerity - if you can fake then that you're half way there.

Originally posted by ReCon View Post
                            Auction turnover rates are higher atm , but at really low prices. Looks like profit takers and investors getting hold of stuff for cheap in order to put away for better times. No harm in being one fo them.
                            Yep, people aren't investing in expansion this year.

The only thing that's expanded lately is my waistline.

Comment

All good points :-)
                              Will make some sort of plan.....

I know the old mat cutter is being used... I get calls every few months at work from the guy asking how to do stuff.
                              Ask him if he needs someone to help from home. Instead of giving the advice for free you might be able to get paid to help him.
                              What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

• Originally posted by TROUBLE View Post
                                Ask him if he needs someone to help from home. Instead of giving the advice for free you might be able to get paid to help him.
                                I've been trying to get hold of the guy who sells our brand of mat cutter as theyre over east and theres no one over here to do servicing etc... I had a few people calling to ask how to do things in the last year or two and like you say, better to be paid for it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X