Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The lady next door went and kicked a door in two streets up and demanded her son's bike back, they denied it at first then realised this 5'5" lady had just kicked their door in and gave the pushie back.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

• "wrong house ..sorry guys.."

"Nice bikes......can I take 'em back to the owner for you...?"

"Nah this fuel container is almost empty...it spilled on the cars out the front .....never mind...Gotta Light....?
      " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

• So tech visited the place at 8am this morning and advised that fault is at the exchange. I am wondering now if tech has gone to exchange to fix it or what is the procedure now
        My phone still not operational

Edit

Problem fixed. Connection in the street was faulty and some minor exchange issues. All is good now
        Last edited by acdcfan; 31-08-2016, 12:25 PM.
        Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
        remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
        Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
        Who died while defending his right of way;
        He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
        But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

Comment

• So it has been suggested to get 1 of these https://www.golights.com.au/arlec-po...urge-protector

I can't see how is this one going to work with RJ12 socket one of those ( i have been wrong all along with the type of my phone socket thinking it is RJ45) ? or is this one just a bait for surge protection?

someone please explain
          Last edited by acdcfan; 31-08-2016, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by acdcfan View Post
            So it has been suggested to get 1 of these https://www.golights.com.au/arlec-po...urge-protector

I can't see how is this one going to work with RJ12 socket ( i have been wrong all along with the type of my phone socket thinking it is RJ45) ? or is this one just a bait for surge protection?

someone please explain
            I'm guessing they just suggest that to stop surges damaging your computer etc I assume this pugs into a normal powerpoint, the cable goes from wall socket to adaptor and then both the powerpoints and phone lines are protected, never used them I have a surge protected PP where the computer plugs in but nothing on the lines apart from the usual splitter
            From what I know RJ45 is like your blue Cat5 cable that goes into the computer and RJ12 is a std phone line plug BUT RJ12 will fit in an RJ45 socket
            #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
            Originally posted by Phildo
            Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
            Originally posted by filbert
            i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
            Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

• Originally posted by Para045 View Post
              I'm guessing they just suggest that to stop surges damaging your computer etc I assume this pugs into a normal powerpoint, the cable goes from wall socket to adaptor and then both the powerpoints and phone lines are protected, never used them I have a surge protected PP where the computer plugs in but nothing on the lines apart from the usual splitter
              From what I know RJ45 is like your blue Cat5 cable that goes into the computer and RJ12 is a std phone line plug BUT RJ12 will fit in an RJ45 socket
              I was thinking the same

Phone line in, phone line out together with the filter. ... Am I on the right track here?

Comment

I was thinking the same

Phone line in, phone line out together with the filter. ... Am I on the right track here?
                Well that is how mine is set up, out of the wall to one of these vv

Then the phone goes into one and the cable to the computer in the other

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor

Comment

• Do they protect against surges? I thought they were just a filter.
                  -

Comment

• That's just an inline filter/splitter to separate your DSL signal from a phone line.
                    Nothing to do with surge protection there.
                    Originally posted by Desmo
                    Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

• Originally posted by agrid View Post
                      Do they protect against surges? I thought they were just a filter.
                      This is what we are talking about

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Para045 View Post
                      Well that is how mine is set up, out of the wall to one of these vv

Then the phone goes into one and the cable to the computer in the other
                      I know but where does the phone line goes into one of those

Comment

I know but where does the phone line goes into one of those

I'm guessing the cord goes into the back or the bottom somewhere and then to the wall plate for the phone line

Comment

• That may be a powerline kit. You plug your router into one then you can use your wall sockets as outlets where you have a second one.

I would just go for a decent AC wireless modem myself.
                          Originally posted by Desmo
                          Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

• Working with people who smoke.

'Do you mind if I take a break for a durry?'

Yes I do bloody mind, because I don't take a break 10 times a bloody day for a cigarette. But there's no stopping ya because I'll end up on Today Tonight or some bullshit.

Comment

• Then they come back and you have to smell the horrid fumes every time they come near ya.
                              What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

• Originally posted by TROUBLE View Post
                                Then they come back and you have to smell the horrid fumes every time they come near ya.
                                The bloke I'm working with is a trade assistant just helping me for a bit, I'm not really in charge of him. If they ever put an apprentice who smokes with me, he's in for a fun time as the only time they'll be smoking is morning break and lunch time.

If I'm getting in the work van and he says the famous line 'can you wait a sec while I have a smoke?', the answer will be no.

Comment

Working...
                                X