• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by acdcfan View Post
    nope, they'll just get the new one
    At least they'll be off the road for 2 days camping for it
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"

Comment

Until they bring instant 3 - 6 month suspension (no court nothing, only camera evidence) and 10,000.00 fine?
      Even that won't stop it while the chances of being caught are so marginal (even after introducing cops specifically looking for mobile phone users). I'd put money on it that I could be on my phone the entire way home today and not get sprung - and that's even going along Roberts and waiting at the Loftus St intersection which is mobile phone cop bait zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kristy View Post
        Even that won't stop it while the chances of being caught are so marginal (even after introducing cops specifically looking for mobile phone users). I'd put money on it that I could be on my phone the entire way home today and not get sprung - and that's even going along Roberts and waiting at the Loftus St intersection which is mobile phone cop bait zone.
        Marginal yes, but when caught cough up and use public transport
        Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
        remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
        Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
        Who died while defending his right of way;
        He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
        But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by Sauer View Post
          I reckon threatening to crush the phone would be more effective
          Crush their FUCKING Fingers
          What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

• People were crying on a current affair saying the current mobile fine is too high. Imo is too low but i don't see a issue while waiting at lights providing your ready to go and the phone is away from user when green.
            "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

• With all the know how on technical shite nowdays,

Surely someone can come up with something to cancel the phone from being able to

used for texting or calling without hands free while the motor is engaged.

except for 000 calls.
              What You See

Comment

• Originally posted by TROUBLE View Post
                With all the know how on technical shite nowdays,

Surely someone can come up with something to cancel the phone from being able to

used for texting or calling without hands free while the motor is engaged.

except for 000 calls.
                that would mean no one could use a mobile in the phone unless the engine could be coded to a number (you could of course elect to put a wrong number in so you could bypass it entirely). if it detects the signal and blocks all phones within x metres then it'd prob block out passerbys phones etc. can o' worms and all that.

Comment

• Like flight mode in aeroplanes
                  What You See

Comment

Marginal yes, but when caught cough up and use public transport
                    Unless they haven't got any money, plead hardship and then drive without a licence

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                    that would mean no one could use a mobile in the phone unless the engine could be coded to a number (you could of course elect to put a wrong number in so you could bypass it entirely). if it detects the signal and blocks all phones within x metres then it'd prob block out passerbys phones etc. can o' worms and all that.
                    +1 It also stops the passengers from using phones and likely also can the use of tablets etc by passengers and GPS as well
                    Then you have all the people who have exemptions like taxi drivers/police/fire brigade/ambos etc etc etc
                    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                    Originally posted by Phildo
                    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                    Originally posted by filbert
                    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

• Also, as far as I understand, as long as your phone is in a cradle, you can do whatever you like - dial phone numbers, text away etc. So it's still legal to operate a phone while driving so unlikely that banning phones in cars will get passed anytime soon.

The VW has got bluetooth but the stupid thing is, when I want to call someone, to access my phonebook, or to type the number onto the touchscreen takes so long as it's not very sensitive - it's more distracting than actually picking up my phone and selecting the number from the phonebook as my eyes are focused on the touchscreen for longer than they would be on my phone..., but hey; using the touchscreen is legal...

Comment

• Originally posted by TROUBLE View Post
                        Surely someone can come up with something to cancel the phone from being able to used for texting or calling without hands free while the motor is engaged.

except for 000 calls.
                        Naah. Too difficult. And has a negative impact on revenue. Pollies will never go for it...

Here's an idea - force phone owners to use phone covers embossed with images like smashed up cars, scolded legs, cracked screens and other text-while-driving images...
                        __________________________________________________ ____________
                        "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"

Comment

• Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
                          People were crying on a current affair saying the current mobile fine is too high. Imo is too low but i don't see a issue while waiting at lights providing your ready to go and the phone is away from user when green.
                          If only it worked like that. I have been watching lately and the first vehicle away at a green arrow takes on average 3.5 secs to move, you can pick the vehicles where people are using their phones as nearly every second vehicle will take the 3.5 secs to get going.

You wanna talk about congestion? Realistically every vehicle should be able to move away at the same time from a green, yet many are waiting for the vehicle in front to move before they even start the process instead of being ready when the light five cars in front turns green.

Note I am not saying go when the light goes green but be ready as soon as it does.

You know, like, pay attention to what the fuck is happening around you on the road.

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                          Also, as far as I understand, as long as your phone is in a cradle, you can do whatever you like - dial phone numbers, text away etc.
                          Incorrect.

Whilst driving, you can only touch a mobile phone to receive and terminate a phone call if the phone is secured in a mounting affixed to the vehicle. If the phone is not secured in a mounting, it can only be used to receive or terminate a phone call without touching it (e.g. using voice activation, a Bluetooth hands-free car kit, ear piece or headset).
                          Whilst driving, it is illegal to create, send or look at a text message, video message, email or similar communication, even when the phone is secured in a mounting or can be operated without touching it.
                          GPS may be used by a driver whilst driving if no touch of the keypad or screen is required.
                          https://rsc.wa.gov.au/Road-Rules-Pen.../Mobile-Phones
                          They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

• Originally posted by chew View Post
                            If only it worked like that. I have been watching lately and the first vehicle away at a green arrow takes on average 3.5 secs to move, you can pick the vehicles where people are using their phones as nearly every second vehicle will take the 3.5 secs to get going.

You wanna talk about congestion? Realistically every vehicle should be able to move away at the same time from a green, yet many are waiting for the vehicle in front to move before they even start the process instead of being ready when the light five cars in front turns green.

Note I am not saying go when the light goes green but be ready as soon as it does.

You know, like, pay attention to what the fuck is happening around you on the road.
                            Yep so much this. As the lights go green at Berwick/Great Eastern I always look at the distance between cars and then the distance between me and the car behind me - there is daylight. You could easily get double the amount of cars through the lights if people were paying attention. They need an advert with an aerial shot of the cars at lights taking forever to move and then a simulation of everyone moving as one and compare the number of cars that get through. I think it's a case of people knowing they'll get through that set of lights so no stress for them, they'll amble on through, fuck everyone else... well yeah everyone before them had the same attitude that's why it took them so long to get through.

I stand correctededed But the fact you can still make phone calls with it in the cradle suggests they are not so anti-mobile phone use as it would suggest. I'd be better off putting mine in a cradle so I could dial via the phone and then have Bluetooth pick it up cos the touchscreen isn't sensitive enough - you have to press and hold down each number which means my attention is off the road for longer (probably 3x times compared to dialling via my phone).

Comment

• So according to that I can't use Siri to create and send texts...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sauer View Post
                                Here's an idea - force phone owners to use phone covers embossed with images like smashed up cars, scolded legs, cracked screens and other text-while-driving images...
                                Like smokers buying packets of cigarettes/tobacco with pictures of fucked teeth, lungs, feet, eyeballs, etc ?

Yeah nah..
                                Rest in Peace

Comment

Working...
                                X