Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exactly, do they really want people to stop speeding, texting, probably not.

The same could be said for getting serious about crashes, they could change the law and make everyone in a vehicle wear a helmet and MX style body suit. This would reduce acquired brain injuries, reduce injury to the elderly in small bingles.... but the public would never go for it. Wouldn't a little baby in a stack hat be hilarious and also going into a servo with your helmet on would would surely be permitted, but don't forget your SAI global sticker or there'll be LOTS of fines in that.

Originally posted by Sauer View Post
    Naah. Too difficult. And has a negative impact on revenue. Pollies will never go for it...

Here's an idea - force phone owners to use phone covers embossed with images like smashed up cars, scolded legs, cracked screens and other text-while-driving images...
    “Fear keeps us alive. Never, not be afraid.” - Grug Crood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marc78 View Post
      The same could be said for getting serious about crashes, they could change the law and make everyone in a vehicle wear a helmet and MX style body suit. This would reduce acquired brain injuries, reduce injury to the elderly in small bingles.... but the public would never go for it.
      Neither would the car manufacturers - enforcing the use of that kind of PPE would suggest to the public their vehicles aren't safe...
      __________________________________________________ ____________
      "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sauer View Post
        Neither would the car manufacturers - enforcing the use of that kind of PPE would suggest to the public their vehicles aren't safe...
        Well if we went by correct safety protocol no vehicle would be allowed to travel faster than human reaction time, which last I heard was in the vicinity of 15kmh.
        They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich... View Post
          So according to that I can't use Siri to create and send texts...
          You didn't expect laws to keep up with technology, did you?
          The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by 66 View Post
            You didn't expect laws to keep up with technology, did you?
            Nope...

They are so far behind that the laws will actually hold up the take up of some technology...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich... View Post
              So according to that I can't use Siri to create and send texts...
              Seems like it, I'm surprised at that. I use my handsfree to send a text every now and then.
              It all works through the Bluetooth stereo so it's not like I'm handling the phone at all.
              Originally posted by Desmo
              Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

• Originally posted by chew View Post
                Well if we went by correct safety protocol no vehicle would be allowed to travel faster than human reaction time, which last I heard was in the vicinity of 15kmh.
                15kmh? Is that all?? Learn something new every day. Thank you
                __________________________________________________ ____________
                "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"

Comment

• While I'm here and on subject....

I see some pretty shit driving behaviour day by day, being a postie.
                  Last week, some mid life soccer mum is fumbling around in her lap at the lights. Of course, she takes off late, and then goes back to her lap. She's honestly spending around 5-10 seconds looking dowm between glances at the road. She then starts drifting into my lane.

I gave her a toot.
                  She looked up.
                  Back to her lap.
                  I then held my horn until she looked at me, at which point I gave her the universal 'fingers in my eyes' "I'm watching you" gesture.

Her response?
                  She holds up her purse as if to say "what's wrong with you, I'm not on my phone"...

Yep.
                  Apparently that makes it ok.

People. Gotta love 'em.
                  The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

• http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-2...murder/7860530

Tiahleigh??? To me it sounds like a mercy killing so the poor kid didn't have to go through life with a stupid name.
                    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

• Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
                      http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-2...murder/7860530

Tiahleigh??? To me it sounds like a mercy killing so the poor kid didn't have to go through life with a stupid name.
                      Almost as bad as the one I read today about the baby who died during a homebirth.

Warned by a couple of different doctors NOT to do a homebirth as they did with their other children, since the baby was sideways. But no, they built a teepee and had their hippie friends over so they could all watch the baby come out, not breathing, and then die 3 days later.

I am SO fucking sick of imbeciles ignoring doctors thinking that they know more from their googling.

These same people think Microwaves give you cancer.

/rant

Comment

• Drug Fucked Drivers.

Stay off the road you Pieces of Shit.

Stop Signs means exactly that... Give way to the Right @ round-a-bouts. Stop @ Red Lights..

I hope you all Smash into a Tree......

End of rant
                        What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

• Originally posted by boeman View Post
                          Almost as bad as the one I read today about the baby who died during a homebirth.

Warned by a couple of different doctors NOT to do a homebirth as they did with their other children, since the baby was sideways. But no, they built a teepee and had their hippie friends over so they could all watch the baby come out, not breathing, and then die 3 days later.

I am SO fucking sick of imbeciles ignoring doctors thinking that they know more from their googling.

These same people think Microwaves give you cancer.

/rant

Hippie commune loonies.
                          Vaccines cause autism.
                          Originally posted by Desmo
                          Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

• Originally posted by TROUBLE View Post
                            Give way to the Right @ round-a-bouts.
                            Not really...

Source...http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/w...00113/s95.html

ROAD TRAFFIC CODE 2000 - REG 95

95 . Right of way in roundabout

A driver entering a roundabout shall give way to a vehicle that is within the roundabout.

Comment

• Okies... ta.... Dismiss whinge 2 lol
                              What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

• Originally posted by TROUBLE View Post
                                Okies... ta.... Dismiss whinge 2 lol
                                can you hand that soapbox you been standing on back at reception on your way out please

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Working...
                                X