This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by potato View Post
    can you hand that soapbox you been standing on back at reception on your way out please
    What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

• Originally posted by Kristy View Post
      Also, as far as I understand, as long as your phone is in a cradle, you can do whatever you like - dial phone numbers, text away etc. So it's still legal to operate a phone while driving
      Actually, hell no, this is absolutely not legal at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benzo View Post
        Actually, hell no, this is absolutely not legal at all.
        I meant while in the cradle. I thought you could text as well as make calls - obviously the former is proven wrong by [MENTION=5686]chew[/MENTION]'s post, but you can still make calls as long as it's in a cradle and not in your hand. What I mean is it's no more dangerous if the phone is on the passenger seat and you touch it to make a call vs being in some holder and touching it to make a call, except one is illegal and one isn't. The stupidity of it illustrates to me that the cops really aren't that serious about stopping mobile use in cars.

Comment

I meant while in the cradle. I thought you could text as well as make calls - obviously the former is proven wrong by chew's post, but you can still make calls as long as it's in a cradle and not in your hand. What I mean is it's no more dangerous if the phone is on the passenger seat and you touch it to make a call vs being in some holder and touching it to make a call, except one is illegal and one isn't. The stupidity of it illustrates to me that the cops really aren't that serious about stopping mobile use in cars.
          You can not make calls whilst driving by touching your phone whether it is in a cradle or not.

You also can't enter GPS instructions or similar by touching your phone, whether it is in a cradle or not.

You can choose to receive or terminate a call by touching your phone if it's in a cradle.

https://rsc.wa.gov.au/Road-Rules-Pen.../Mobile-Phones

Comment

You can not make calls whilst driving by touching your phone whether it is in a cradle or not.

You also can't enter GPS instructions or similar by touching your phone, whether it is in a cradle or not.

You can choose to receive or terminate a call by touching your phone if it's in a cradle.

ah k, gotcha - I skimmed it and interpreted that it was OK to make phone calls if it was in the cradle. My bad. I'll keep using my legal touchscreen that takes my attention off the road for longer

Comment

Yep so much this. As the lights go green at Berwick/Great Eastern I always look at the distance between cars and then the distance between me and the car behind me - there is daylight. You could easily get double the amount of cars through the lights if people were paying attention. They need an advert with an aerial shot of the cars at lights taking forever to move and then a simulation of everyone moving as one and compare the number of cars that get through. I think it's a case of people knowing they'll get through that set of lights so no stress for them, they'll amble on through, fuck everyone else... well yeah everyone before them had the same attitude that's why it took them so long to get through.
              If you're on the wrong side of the Oporto turn-in you have a 10 percent chance of making it through the lights. Don't you just love it when the arrow comes on and it takes almost 10 seconds to see someone turn.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
              ah k, gotcha - I skimmed it and interpreted that it was OK to make phone calls if it was in the cradle. My bad. I'll keep using my legal touchscreen that takes my attention off the road for longer
              What about using the MFD?
              -

Comment

• Originally posted by agrid View Post
                If you're on the wrong side of the Oporto turn-in you have a 10 percent chance of making it through the lights. Don't you just love it when the arrow comes on and it takes almost 10 seconds to see someone turn.
                Yup that magical little divide. I hate it when I'm the next car over from it cos I know my chances of getting through are dependent on the other idgits in front... and I watch to see how big the gaps between the cars are as they turn right... watching the first 5 or so cars pretty much determines whether I'll get through or not - I am usually disappointed.

Comment

[...]

Whattha!!!

I can't watch redtube when my phone's in the cradle?

What is the world coming to!
                  The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

• Bloody Whooping Cough 😟
                    I've packed my baby up and left three places in the last week, as we have unknowingly walked right into places where people have it.

Safer to just stay in the house.
                    Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn. Then always be a unicorn.

Comment

• Driving behind a car swerving all over the place. Not moving left, holding up the over taking lane. Get closer see two deaf people signing to each other in front seats. No attention to the road.
                      Worst part horn was fucking useless.
                      Originally posted by Abuse this
                      Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

• ...having pneumonia like symptoms...loss of balance....

the worst part ...not riding for over a week.. service and new plugs fitted..tho.. ;-(
                        " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

• Get better SOOn mate.

Lucky you aren't down here, is like Polar Bear/ Penguin weather.

What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

• Oops, should a posted in pub chat.
                            -

Comment

• Fucking ISP's, just sick of the shit service we get.
                              Was with Telstra for years, knew they werent the cheapest but had the best connection. But got to the point of just having enougb of being completely ripped off and their abysmal customer service. I would be embarrassed to work for some parts of that company.
                              So we attempted to swap to optus, nearly got there but it failed because they didnt have any nodes left for the remote part of WA that we live ( Dianella). Couple of weeks later ending up signing up having an Optus account but through a Telstra line for the same price. Happy with that, unlimited DL for $100 month. Worked well with a good connection for about 6 weeks now it has turned to shit, get a whole 4.0mbps at the nearest exchange which is apparently too far away (3.0km). 3.8mbps at our house. Have been trying to get it fixed for weeks and have now been told that is it, that is the best we are going to get and it cant be fixed. Made it very clear that that response wasnt acceptable so we have been told we can have $40 discount off this months bill and that we should find another provider, WTF!!
                              Rant fucking over

So, can someone recommend an ISP that might work, or is it going to be the same problem with every provider because at the end of the day they will all use the same line to our house??

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
                              Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.

"The feelings mutual so kindly fuck off"

Comment

• Originally posted by Geeman View Post
                                Fucking ISP's, just sick of the shit service we get.
                                Was with Telstra for years, knew they werent the cheapest but had the best connection. But got to the point of just having enougb of being completely ripped off and their abysmal customer service. I would be embarrassed to work for some parts of that company.
                                So we attempted to swap to optus, nearly got there but it failed because they didnt have any nodes left for the remote part of WA that we live ( Dianella). Couple of weeks later ending up signing up having an Optus account but through a Telstra line for the same price. Happy with that, unlimited DL for $100 month. Worked well with a good connection for about 6 weeks now it has turned to shit, get a whole 4.0mbps at the nearest exchange which is apparently too far away (3.0km). 3.8mbps at our house. Have been trying to get it fixed for weeks and have now been told that is it, that is the best we are going to get and it cant be fixed. Made it very clear that that response wasnt acceptable so we have been told we can have $40 discount off this months bill and that we should find another provider, WTF!!
                                Rant fucking over

So, can someone recommend an ISP that might work, or is it going to be the same problem with every provider because at the end of the day they will all use the same line to our house??

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
                                You may be 3km from the exchange but what is the actual length of copper to the exchange. Put your address in here [MENTION=33734]Geeman[/MENTION] http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/ and see what you're estimated connection speed may be and others around you. What was the connection speed before because 3km from the exchange with approx. 3.8mbs sounds about right to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X