This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mekon View Post
    One of my team made a slight accounting error. Very complex. Waiting on corp lawyers to know how much it's cost.
    Not a great feeling, but it falls on me.
    Oh crap..... no systems in place to prevent human error? anyway, hope they won't blame one person for this.
    Best I can do to describe the issue is this.
    Normally it goes BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, shift, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

But now it's a bit more like this
    BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-R-R-r-r-r-r-r-, shift

exan

Comment

• In light of the great race yesterday;

“The penalty was handed out and I was told I was leading with 10 laps to go, so I wasn’t even looking at Jamie, I was looking at Shane [van Gisbergen]. I wasn’t even really racing [Jamie] at that stage.

“We won the race and that’s it.”

I'm with Will Davo.

Comment

• Barfy's thread for 'getting it off your chest' v2.0

Originally posted by acdcfan View Post
        it is front loader
        Pop the top off and have a look down the back.

Depending on the brand some washers are keepers.

Anything Alliance, Huebsh, Speedqueen, Kleenmade last forever.

*Ex laundromat owner.
        In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aufitt View Post
          In light of the great race yesterday;

“The penalty was handed out and I was told I was leading with 10 laps to go, so I wasn’t even looking at Jamie, I was looking at Shane [van Gisbergen]. I wasn’t even really racing [Jamie] at that stage.

“We won the race and that’s it.”

I'm with Will Davo.
          This is the issue that V8SC faces.
          Whincup was, in my and many others' opinions, unfairly penalised. It was however applied, and Will would not have been racing as hard as he could.

The penalty was a knee jerk, being only minutes away from the end of the biggest event on the calendar.
          The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
            Impersonating a traffic sign has got to be an offence, report it to the cops
            Reported online to Main Roads. Cops probably wouldn't do much unless I could give them the exact location of the person who placed the sign, with no less than 17 eye witnesses and video proof... or has all the stuff I read about the police being lazy on this site been a lie?

But at least its a start and can be escalated if Main Roads don't want to do much about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crobbo View Post
              Pop the top off and have a look down the back.

Depending on the brand some washers are keepers.

Anything Alliance, Huebsh, Speedqueen, Kleenmade last forever.

*Ex laundromat owner.
              Bought new one tonight from good guys .... Old one is LG
              Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
              remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
              Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
              Who died while defending his right of way;
              He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
              But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by 66 View Post
                Whincup was, in my and many others' opinions, unfairly penalised. It was however applied, and Will would not have been racing as hard as he could.

The penalty was a knee jerk, being only minutes away from the end of the biggest event on the calendar.
                15 secs possibly harsh only due to how close they finish.
                Whincups move was ruthless and he's good at his job, arguably the best.... paid to win at ALL costs.
                Tander and McLaughlin KO'd.
                at least 5 teams sitting pretty for a podium with 10 laps to go.
                Restart was in order anyway,

Imagine the chaos if no call was made till after the flag?

Comment

I thought he got off lightly. Taking a car off track that fails to continue is a drive through (30+secs) at minimum.
                  I also thought the slowing on race line for redress was another issue ignored. I am not a Whincup hater (or gt supporter) but jw ruined a fantastic race for two of the leading cars. And his own. Again. Brain faid?
                  yes, i am ignorant
                  yes, i am a prick
                  no, i don't care
                  you make me sick

Comment

• Originally posted by Prefectionist View Post
                    Reported online to Main Roads. Cops probably wouldn't do much unless I could give them the exact location of the person who placed the sign, with no less than 17 eye witnesses and video proof... or has all the stuff I read about the police being lazy on this site been a lie?

But at least its a start and can be escalated if Main Roads don't want to do much about it.
                    Or create your own, something like:

don't speed
                    (100)
                    percent of drivers
                    die, eventually
                    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

• Got a reply from Main Roads. Didn't expect a reply at 0030 hours though.

"Thank you for contacting us in relation to some advertising signage advising motorists to drive 40km/h at the intersection of Main Street and Eldorado Street, Osborne Park.
                      Thank you for including the link to indicate the type of sign this is, I have had a look and agree with your comments that this is not a Main Roads speed zone sign, it is just a mock-up sign designed to look similar.
                      If this sign was located on one of our roads, I would alert our Advertising Signage officer to ensure that the signage was removed.
                      However, as Main Street and Eldorado Street are the responsibility of the City of Stirling, I have referred your email to the City of Stirling and requested them to provide you with a response directly."

Find it a little funny that Main Street is not the responsibility of Main Roads. But at least it's being moved on to the right people*.

*Unless the City of Stirling think this is fine, in which case they are not the right people.

Comment

• Originally posted by shortSteve View Post
                        I thought he got off lightly. Taking a car off track that fails to continue is a drive through (30+secs) at minimum.
                        Two very separate incidents.
                        The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Two very separate incidents.
                          But only one cause. Depends on how you interpret the rule book.
                          yes, i am ignorant
                          yes, i am a prick
                          no, i don't care
                          you make me sick

Comment

• Having to organize access permits for an upcoming ride through middle of Australia

Not against the idea of a permit for going through Aboriginal lands, but jeez it's complicated. 3 states and umpteen different local jurisdictions all requiring permission to transit on through. And if the road/track/highway crosses 2 states it's even more confusing to sort. Then there's "Park Passes" in SA and the NT [ which isn't cheap, considering I'm paying hundreds to pass on through somewhere for a few hrs in a few locations.] A few rejected the first time around because I couldn't specify the exact day I was going through somewhere. Or paying for camping where there are simply no facilities at all, just camp where ever no more than 30m from the road. And the Defence Department want their nose in it as well [ Woomera]

Not sure if it's a money grab or deliberate bureaucracy in an effort to dissuade you from going or a bit of both.

Apparently if you are extremely unlucky and get asked and don't have correct permits the fines can be horrendous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davidf View Post
                              Not sure if it's a money grab or deliberate bureaucracy in an effort to dissuade you from going or a bit of both.
                              I'm sure there's an element of both. Might also be handy to know when you're supposed to be where, just in case someone needs to go looking...
                              __________________________________________________ ____________
                              "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"

Comment

• Originally posted by Davidf View Post
                                Having to organize access permits for an upcoming ride through middle of Australia

Not against the idea of a permit for going through Aboriginal lands, but jeez it's complicated. 3 states and umpteen different local jurisdictions all requiring permission to transit on through. And if the road/track/highway crosses 2 states it's even more confusing to sort. Then there's "Park Passes" in SA and the NT [ which isn't cheap, considering I'm paying hundreds to pass on through somewhere for a few hrs in a few locations.] A few rejected the first time around because I couldn't specify the exact day I was going through somewhere. Or paying for camping where there are simply no facilities at all, just camp where ever no more than 30m from the road. And the Defence Department want their nose in it as well [ Woomera]

Apparently if you are extremely unlucky and get asked and don't have correct permits the fines can be horrendous.
                                Having done the great central a few times, the wa one ain't hard. Nt permits also are easy, but yeah sa ones and parks pass are a bit more awkward, the flip side being much more forgiving of time and place. If doing the simmo don't bother with a qld pass, despite them "requiring" one there is no campsite to actually book. Is only half day from poepel cnr to birdsville anyway.
                                yes, i am ignorant
                                yes, i am a prick
                                no, i don't care
                                you make me sick

Comment

Working...
                                X