This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Para045 View Post
    Unfortunately it's been this way for years, I remember years ago Tony Lockett got rubbed out for a number of weeks because he collided with a player in what wasn't an overly malicious bump but because of his size and the fact the guy got a broken jaw he was hammered

The game has turned into a game for pussies in recent years so I rarely follow it anymore
    Absolutely right Para, Peter Caven and Brent Staker should never have got away with throwing their faces at another players elbows just because that player was bigger [emoji16]

Theres a reason I watch rugby!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.

"The feelings mutual so kindly fuck off"

Comment

• Tony Lockett was a thug who jumped into players in an attempt to damage them.
      They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

• Originally posted by chew View Post
        Tony Lockett was a thug who jumped into players in an attempt to damage them.
        I disagree, he was a big strong player who used his strengths to his advantage no differently to what Simpson is saying about NicKnackpaddywhack
        #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
        Originally posted by Phildo
        Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
        Originally posted by filbert
        i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
        Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

• Originally posted by Para045 View Post
          I disagree, he was a big strong player who used his strengths to his advantage no differently to what Simpson is saying about NicKnackpaddywhack
          Exactly the reason he didn't need to elevate before bumping people. The only reason to do so was to get his elbow into their head.

It was his main offensive tactic in pubs and clubs around Ballarat as well if someone "stared" at him for more than a millisecond.
          They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

• WTF is Telstra worried about 5g when people outside of the cities can't get 4g.
            It is very difficult for them to run there businesses and in an emergency you can't call for help.
            Tp.

Comment

• My cousin Mark passed away very suddenly and unexpectedly on ANZAC Day 2017. Yesterday, around the Mother’s Day family dinner table my sister tells me (via Mark’s sister) that Mark’s wife has totally turned on Mark’s mum and sister and won’t have anything to do with them – this means of course that their link to Mark is gone and all they want is just something of his as a reminder that might mean nothing to her, but everything to them but she won’t give them anything; two locks of hair were cut – she won’t even give them a lock of hair, not even a t-shirt/book etc. I won’t even pretend to imagine the horror his wife went through waking up to him passed away in their bed and all the grief and hardship that follows. There is obviously grief there and giving the benefit of the doubt, perhaps cutting off Mark’s family is a way of cutting the ties with those that are linked to him as that may mean a constant reminder isn’t there. However, I suspect there were tensions before his passing as they often wouldn’t go to family events etc., and she may just be a spiteful person. His wife has called his sister a fucking cunt and aggressively pointed stabby fingers at her saying “I’ve invited you around to my house and you’ve never come” etc – maybe his sister might find it difficult to go around there…? My family is very civilised and this sort of behaviour just doesn’t happen. My sister had said to me before I’d met his wife that she was very materialistic and can see some of that coming though now – i.e. the “my” house thing – it was Mark’s house which then became theirs but he bought it before they were a couple. Right now his wife has quit her job and is travelling overseas under the guise of “finding herself” and hash tagging herself as a member of the “hot, young widows club”. Finding herself - that she might be - she's just been through a hell of an ordeal, but has obviously received a decent superannuation payout from Mark’s Estate. They were both so very much in love and I had respect for the way she was dealing with it but have now unfortunately lost that respect because she is cutting off Mark’s family when they too are grieving. If you decide you want nothing to do with the family for whatever reason so be it, but they meant the world to Mark and Mark meant to the world to them so out of respect for Mark, or just to be a good person, just allow them to have access to something of Mark’s/allow them to be part of the process.

They were trying to get pregnant via IVF – apparently there is one embryo left and she intends to try again. I hope for his sister and mum’s sake that she doesn’t get pregnant as that would be torturous for them knowing they have a niece or nephew/grandchild mini-Mark that they will never see.

Mark died without a Will so everything will go to the wife and she’ll no doubt have control of all the assets/possessions. So as much as this is a getting it off my chest because I’m both angry, sad and disappointed, it is a reminder to make sure you have your shit in order. I made a Will when I first bought my house – I didn’t have much to my name at the time but now I almost own the house and have a fair bit of super behind me and some decent assets, it’s a timely reminder to review my Will, and indeed for anyone who has had a change in circumstances/financial fortunes.

Clearly I have my biased hat on when I say his sister and mum are completely lovely and don’t deserve to be locked out, but even to an outsider they are beautiful people. This has shades of when Mark’s mum’s ex-husband passed away from cancer and things got nasty between her husband and his partner and ex-wife because he changed his will at the last minute to exclude the partner (she was a money grabber). Mark’s sister also had a bad experience when she broke up with her partner – he wanted half of the house he contributed nought to, but ended up getting a block of land down south – again something he had nothing to do with. Fuck me, relationships can be nasty when they end when there’s money involved and you wonder if they were always that way and you misjudged them or they became like that.

TL;DR: 1) Shit things happen to good people. 2) Families can be civilised but that doesn’t mean those marrying into it, are. 3) Make sure you have a current Will because you might wake up dead tomorrow.

Comment

• That sucks big time! That’s why all my family members got will’s and everything is sorted already...
                SP RACINGis supported by:
                MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
                Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
                Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

• Wills aren't worth the paper they are written on if a close family member makes a legal challenge.
                  -

Comment

• Yep found this out, in WA there is no such thing as a totally legally binding will exactly as Agrid said.

Comment

• So what if you are in another State , other than WA...?
                      " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

• Not actually sure about that GSX but i believe they are different i only know about the WA.

Comment

• I recently had this convo with my bro in law who has been together with his partner now for 28 years but has a previous marriage. They have two kids together and there are another three to previous relationships. All is good and happy thank fuck.

The reason for the convo was they are getting a will and will be splitting between the children unevenly. Again all the children are fine with this.

I was executor for the father in law a few years ago and in my pedantic way looked at various scenarios. It can be a nightmare if people want to cause some issues. Anyone can contest any will. If they are close family they have a very good chance of causing problems at best and utter chaos at worse.

One of our nephews was threatening this. I paid for a lawyer of his choice to talk to him about it and he thought better of it when he realised that his cash cut was probably the best he would do and disputing it would put that at risk. Father in law was quite a good judge of character and a sly bastard when he had the will written up. His daughters are all on the same wavelength and made it easy as well.

The brother in law was horrified by what I relayed to him, especially when I mentioned his psychotic father as being a potential claimant.

People can be cnuts. Get a will and cover as many bases as possible.

Comment

• Get a lawyer and cover all the bases.

Sad but true.
                            -

Comment

• My family aren't cunce so wouldn't expect any contesting but would like to update my Will to include my nephew, state what happens with the house, direction of monies to charities like the cat haven, motorbike-related stuffs etc. Just so my wishes are known, not to prevent infighting - they should be happy with whatever's left after I give the proceeds of the sale of my house to the cat haven 😃
                              Last edited by Kristy; 14-05-2018, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                                My family aren't cunce so wouldn't expect any contesting but would like to update my Will to include my nephew, state what happens with the house, direction of monies to charities like the cat haven, motorbike-related stuffs etc. Just so my wishes are known, not to prevent infighting - they should be happy with whatever's left after I give the proceeds of the sale of my house to the cat haven 😃
                                Word of advice - don't count on family not being arseholes when money is involved.

Don't let me get started about what is going on with one side of the family two years after a mother's death. It's messy, it's nasty, and a bunch of lawyers get to drag things out to make money.

Nail it down early before greedy cunts get to go full cunce (I think you have invented a new plural noun) and cunce is far nicer on the tongue... oh dear.
                                Last edited by Skut; 14-05-2018, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X