Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or the fact I get sent my new policy each year, and my vehicles are insured for less but my premiums are more...

When I call and inquire I am told it is because the cost of insurance is increasing.... no shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by shifted View Post
      QBE Motorcycle Insurance.

Agreed value. They proceed to drop the agreed value, on account of depreciation.
      Check online, bikes asking same money with less mods than mine, so worst case bike is written off I can't replace it without spending ~$2k on parts.

What's the point of agreed value, if it is not agreed. I'm happy to pay the premium for my agreed value, not one you fuck around with and change as you see fit to suit yourself.

I wish Shannons was competitive with motorcycles, once they are I'll move across.
      It's an agreed value, if you don't agree then change it.
      Just call them and increase the value back to where you think it should be. They'll increase the premium a bit and problem solved.

What I hate is when they change it from 'agreed value' to 'market value' when it comes up for renewal without highlighting it.
      Market value is not what you want, ever. Market value is not your friend. Market value will get you raped.
      Originally posted by mekon
      Why are pirates called pirates?
      Because they Arrrrrr

Comment

• Originally posted by pnork View Post
        Shannons does the same thing WRT agreed value. It’s like they have their own interpretation of what it means.
        Shannons hasn't changed my agreed value on the Supra in 7 years, and increased it upon my request with an option to increase it further (which I'll attempt shortly). Agreed should be agreed, end of. If I wanted the value to change every year, its no longer "agreed."

Originally posted by MikeL View Post
        It's an agreed value, if you don't agree then change it.
        Just call them and increase the value back to where you think it should be. They'll increase the premium a bit and problem solved.

What I hate is when they change it from 'agreed value' to 'market value' when it comes up for renewal without highlighting it.
        Market value is not what you want, ever. Market value is not your friend. Market value will get you raped.
        They won't. Had to list additional modifications to increase it by $1k (which when they forwarded the updated policy they still got shit wrong). $12k is the absolute max, regardless of any modifications. If I add additional value to the bike, they still won't budge from $12k.

Market value got me a $4k payout on a $2k 250cc when it was written off... can't be that bad?
        '13 YZF-R1 // '00 RZ Supra // '72 XA Fairmont Sedan (Resto Project)

Comment

• I ring Swann every year and tell them to increase the value by $1k when it gets depreciated annually.

Keeps it around the $5k mark. Tell them it is in good nick and has low kms for the age of it.
          They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

• I'm part of a fan club going to court as spectators for someone facing a heap of historical child sex abuse charges.

For the memory of someone now dead which I'm pretty sure this stuff largely contributed to.

Third time now he's a no show with the consent of the Prosecutor.

First two times he pulled sickies, we don't know why this time. Seems these creepy KF's know what to do.

They network, get the right lawyers weasel out of it if possible and hope the mental pressure on the witnesses works.

Charged, not in custody, no bail hearing yet and out and about. WTF?

Bet $5 that poor woman in remand on video link at bandyup would like to know how they do it. Pot cultivation charge and been there over a year.

It does get you down but the thought of him having to meet his fans in and out of court one day is something we are all very much looking forward to.

We know he'll be surprised!
            The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Shannons hasn't changed my agreed value on the Supra in 7 years, and increased it upon my request with an option to increase it further (which I'll attempt shortly). Agreed should be agreed, end of. If I wanted the value to change every year, its no longer "agreed."
              I agree with what you're saying, agreed should be agreed. I've been with Shannons for a while too - but the agreed value of my 1098S seems to go down every year.

Comment

They won't. Had to list additional modifications to increase it by $1k (which when they forwarded the updated policy they still got shit wrong). $12k is the absolute max, regardless of any modifications. If I add additional value to the bike, they still won't budge from $12k.
                I guess because just doing certain mods to the bike doesn't necessarily make it more valuable no matter what you spend on it, lots of people actually prefer bikes (and cars) that haven't been modded because sometimes it can make them think it's been given a harder time
                I know it isn't necessarily the case but a lot of people see it that way and even if you've spent an extra 4k on the bike if they give that to you the insurance Co wont get that back when they sell the wreck
                #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                Originally posted by Phildo
                Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                Originally posted by filbert
                i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

• Why is it so very difficult for people to use their indicators at roundabouts, can you please put your left hand indicator when you are leaving the roundabout, "it's not that fucking hard or physically ".
                  Tp
                  Corrected a little spelling mistake.
                  Last edited by Thomas Peel; 15-06-2018, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thomas Peel View Post
                    Why is it so very difficult for people to use their indicators.
                    Tp.
                    Fixed
                    Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.

"The feelings mutual so kindly fuck off"

Comment

• Originally posted by Thomas Peel View Post
                      Why is it so very difficult for people to use their indicators.
                      Agree, and I would add... check their blind spot, and see a motorbike and realise it is a vehicle not a bird and driving into the motorbike is going to cause a lot of grief.
                      Last edited by shifted; 16-06-2018, 02:47 PM.
                      '13 YZF-R1 // '00 RZ Supra // '72 XA Fairmont Sedan (Resto Project)

Comment

• What the fuck is it with dumb cunts that put stuff that they have for sale as "wanted" adverts on places such as gumtree??

Wanted: I want to sell this for this.

No dip shit it's for sale

So when you have something of worth that you think someone might want, you need to trawl though 100's of for sale adverts in the wanted section.

FFffffarrrk.
                        Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

• Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
                          What the fuck is it with dumb cunts that put stuff that they have for sale as "wanted" adverts on places such as gumtree??

Wanted: I want to sell this for this.

No dip shit it's for sale

So when you have something of worth that you think someone might want, you need to trawl though 100's of for sale adverts in the wanted section.

FFffffarrrk.
                          Email them all.

Ask them for their best price.

And if they'll deliver.
                          One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

• Fuck Gumtree, Facebook Marketplace is where its at losers.
                            -

Comment

• Dickheads on there too.... the one thing that shits me is FB isn't aus wide option so takes 10 times as long to find shit entering different places.
                              "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

• Ha yeah, my comment is that I've been selling a shitload of stuff recently having quit a business, and about 3 times as much stuff has gone through FB Marketplace than Gumtree. I'm assuming FB make sure your advert appears on the feed of people with similar interests. I sold the Rick Astley album in an eye blink.
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X