Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whattha QANTAS? Doing a PER-DRW-BNE-DRW-PER that costs more than a return to UK? and that's with saving $400 doing a redeye DRW to BNE.
    The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

• Yeah, been looking at a PER-DRW return as well and it's becoming somewhat cost prohibitive. At this rate, may as well buy my own plane.
      Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

• Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
        Yeah, been looking at a PER-DRW return as well and it's becoming somewhat cost prohibitive. At this rate, may as well buy my own plane.
        Both routes now have heavy fifo and seem like the average flight cost has gone up +50% in the last couple of years.

So I'm always getting weekend flights and redeyes not only to get a lower price but to avoid packed planes. The last Fri arvo return a bunch of them had been to the Tap plus a few were clearly zipped of their scones. Stewards given a hard time.

A little risky as surely a random test could occur after landing. Not sure what the protocol is.

Comment

• Originally posted by agrid View Post
          Fuck Gumtree, Facebook Marketplace is where its at losers.
          This makes me sad coz turds like me who don't use FB have no fucking idea how to go about selling shit to people

Comment

• Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
            Yeah, been looking at a PER-DRW return as well and it's becoming somewhat cost prohibitive. At this rate, may as well buy my own plane.
            People chasing work....Ichthys etc
            "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

• Not just that, winter is peak tourist season. And the pricing reflects that throughout the year.

I've once been stuck in Darwin when my flights were changed and I wasn't notified, leaving stranded in the top end for an extra night.
              Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

• Originally posted by AZAZL View Post
                Both routes now have heavy fifo and seem like the average flight cost has gone up +50% in the last couple of years.

So I'm always getting weekend flights and redeyes not only to get a lower price but to avoid packed planes. The last Fri arvo return a bunch of them had been to the Tap plus a few were clearly zipped of their scones. Stewards given a hard time.

A little risky as surely a random test could occur after landing. Not sure what the protocol is.
                Giving flight staff a hard time is federal jurisdiction and has lasting ramifications.

Most brain dead morons think it is like a bus or train.
                They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

• Useless asshats we sub our IT stuff out to. Ongoing issue for 6 months. After doing nothing for 6 months, the issue is apparently outside of their understanding so it's over to me to solve/sort out. Hot tip: as useless as they are, if it's over their head it's definitely over mine... somehow, for some reason, we keep employing them.
                  Last edited by Kristy; 21-06-2018, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                    Useless asshats we sub our IT stuff out to. Ongoing issue for 6 months. After doing nothing for 6 months, the issue is apparently outside of their understanding so it's over to me to solve/sort out. Hot tip: as useless as they are, if it's over their head it's definitely over mine... somehow, for some reason, we keep employing them.
                    Its probably not over their head if they fix it then there out of work....

I fixed Mandurah Yamaha server their local IT contractor wanted to charge them to replace the whole server and migration.....I had a look and it was $15 temp sensor, the hardest part was getting parts/program from fujitsu.

Would you rather make $100 or 6k for a day.
                    Last edited by Halo_2; 22-06-2018, 11:12 AM.
                    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

• ^ nah, wouldn't be something they'd make money from. Just something that would make everyone's life for the next few years a little bit easier instead of having to continually work around this issue. Had a directive from the Office Manager yesterday to sort it out myself - if there's no solution to the problem, instead of looking at alternates we'll continue to push shit up hill for the next few years.

Comment

• Cancelled flights.... At least I hadn't gotten into the taxi...

Comment

• Good luck with that one and I hope it is not Air Mauritius. My daughter flew via them last month. Got to airport and cancelled flight. Waited for a couple of hours and sent home being told they would ring them when a flight would be open. They were at the airport for over 2 days and then saw their flight open. They checked in and just before they were ready to board, they got a phonecall saying the flight was on. If they were home, it was an hour drive, plus the baggage checkin had been closed well before they got the call. So they missed 2 nights in Mauritius and had to pay for it.
                          Sure enough, leaving Mauritius and flight to Madagascar was cancelled for a day.
                          Enjoy your holiday when you get there
                          Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wahoo!! What a ride!"

Comment

• NT and work. Getting in late so miss my Sunday afternoon ride and more importantly, Sunday roast at Cazaly's

Comment

• Sunny winter weekends, great ride weather, thats 2 in a row now. I sold my last bike during the fronts that came through a few weeks back because I thought winter had hit and clear the deck so I can work on the plan for "the next one". spew'n. too soon heretic too soon...
                              I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

• Fucking apple & the stupid no head phone jack, yesterday adapter came out getting back on at the servo tried about 15 times, all bad had to ride all the way to work with no music

taped the fucker up this morning, 1 km down the road comes out again pulled over on the highway no joy another morning with just the drone of a DRZ

im not sure if the adapter is flogged out or the phone but im ready to throw this at a apple store geek & get a S9 lol

first world problems

Comment

Working...
                                X