This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rorschach View Post
    It's an incredibly sad story, but fucking hell, what retarded institution lets children under 10 shoot with live ammunition?
    So handing her an uzi after her next birthday would have had a different outcome?

My kids have all fired live ammunition from the point they could follow instructions safely, for one it was about 4 and a half but another was 6...

It was OK though because I was using an AK47 not an uzi...

This wasn't an accident it was an obvious ignored by a stupid.
    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

• Originally posted by filbert View Post
      So handing her an uzi after her next birthday would have had a different outcome?

My kids have all fired live ammunition from the point they could follow instructions safely, for one it was about 4 and a half but another was 6...

Not quite the point I was trying to make, but see where you're coming from.
      I've fired live ammunition since age 12 under heavily controlled conditions, with adequate training and always from prone.
      A young girl firing an Uzi with minimal training standing up with minimal support for the weapon is asking for trouble.

Comment

• In California I took my son to a shooting range at about age 9, it was all about size and he was very tall so he could shoot whatever we wanted ... Except a machine gun.
        -

Comment

• Single shot is very different to full auto, once my kids have fired their shot the rifle is safe, they still follow my instruction to take care which direction it points in until cleared by me, but for all intents and purposes nothing should happen.

Handing anyone a self loading or automatic weapon with a full magazine first time is asking for trouble, one in the chamber to see how it feels is reasonable for a 9 year old, follow it up with a couple in the magazine to see if they're ready, age doesn't really come into it.

Plenty of videos of adults handed high powered auto loaders the first time and losing control. The only thing saving them is that it stops firing when empty.

Comment

• In a similar vein of stupidity resulting in death. There was a woman killed in the country that must not be named when she was handed a 500 S&W revolver with no prior shooting experience. The recoil from the first shot flipped the gun back hard enough that her effort to maintain her grip fired a second shot through her head. Apparently giving someone with no experience an excessively powerful handgun is meant to be funny. The powers that be weren't pressing charges, deeming it an accidental death. Shooters were livid as they saw the irresponsible actions of her "friend" as being responsible for her death, both because the firearm was unsuitable and also it should have only had one cartridge in it.

In either case a .22LR pistol or rifle, after basic safety instruction and under supervision, would have been perfectly suitable. An air rifle/pistol would be too, but they don't seem to be that common in comparison.

It would have looked something like this, just with more blood.
            Last edited by AliastheJester; 27-08-2014, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• What are people doing with a UZI , Nobody but mass killers needs that sort of firepower

Comment

• Originally posted by keys View Post
                What are people doing with a UZI , Nobody but mass killers needs that sort of firepower
                Bcoz murica fuk yeh

Comment

• My uncle did that to me When I was 17 fired my first at at a gun range the recoil was unreal i got scared :/ then he said shoot this one it isnt as powerful...... It nearly put my on my ass he thought it was funny as

Comment

• Originally posted by Deborah View Post
                    Why not? I'm not sure whether your rant against men was directed at me because I was the previous poster because I fail to see anywhere in my post where I advocated violence or rape against women On the contrary as several friends will attest to me driving at high speeds to "forcibly evict" a shithead who was beating up on his GF at a freinds house Yes I did make a sexually suggestive comment but that was actually 100% accurate in that during a particularly vigorous 69 session my missus did "inhale" a large dose of my load Even she can see the funny side afterward and apparently so did one of her GF's

Originally posted by Rorschach View Post
                    It's an incredibly sad story, but fucking hell, what retarded institution lets children under 10 shoot with live ammunition?
                    No issue with live ammo in the right circumstances and with appropriate training In this case he was a fuckwit who should never be called an "instructor" who gave an unsuitable firearm to the wrong person :o
                    No different to giving a Porsche to an L plater, nothing wrong with the car but insufficient training for it

Originally posted by filbert View Post

+1 I had my son up shooting a .22 pistol at ~5 years old BUT it was only 1 rnd in the chamber at a time and I supported the pistol while he lined up the sights and fired and he's been up several times since and can use it by himself now at 11 and has tried others including a .44 magnum and a 12g shotgun

Originally posted by AliastheJester View Post
                    Apparently giving someone with no experience an excessively powerful handgun is meant to be funny. also it should have only had one cartridge in it.
                    It CAN be funny seeing someone use a powerful gun and struggling to control it just like it's funny seeing someone try and ride a dirtbike and run into a tree but as you said you make sure it's as safe as possible for everyone by only loading 1 round
                    I have seen slightly built females do better at shooting a full house .44 than some buff blokes purely because they actually listen to instructions on how to handle it, there is something sexy about chicks handling my large caliber weapon :fap:
                    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                    Originally posted by Phildo
                    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                    Originally posted by filbert
                    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

• Originally posted by Para045 View Post
                      Why not?
                      You, and everybody else on here can see my suggestions for "why not". I have listed them, clearly, in plan English, in dot point, several times in the thread linked. If you can't see that, maybe you should have gone to Specsavers.

Your contribution to the linked thread was to make a joke about gang-rape and then roll your eyes because how that comment might get whacked (which would prove that you're the real victim here, I guess).
                      https://parodieslost.blog/

Comment

• Originally posted by keys View Post
                        What are people doing with a UZI , Nobody but mass killers needs that sort of firepower
                        You need to take on todays super animals, like the flying squirrel and the electric eel.
                        Can you help with foster care?
                        http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

• Originally posted by Deborah View Post
                          You, and everybody else on here can see my suggestions for "why not". I have listed them, clearly, in plan English, in dot point, several times in the thread linked. If you can't see that, maybe you should have gone to Specsavers.

Your contribution to the linked thread was to make a joke about gang-rape and then roll your eyes because how that comment might get whacked (which would prove that you're the real victim here, I guess).
                          I have been to Specsavers several times and have good Transitions lenses thanks very much On that note I think YOU are the one that needs glasses Can you show me what post I supposedly advocated gang rape

I made one post in that thread which was a quote from Monsta -
                          Originally posted by monsta View Post
                          and yet, some female polly can get on national TV and say she wants big cocks...
                          That post which seems to have mysteriously disappeared was along the line of her talking to the Eagles about the availability of Dean Cox (a play on his last name and the fact he's huge) due to his impending retirement
                          How in hell you get gang rape from that I have no idea, it's a you are drawing if that is what you are getting at

The only other post I've made in a similar vein was regarding my missus choking on a large load of my cum which I'm sure isn't unusual in consenting relationships and was certainly funny after the fact for her and me

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor

Comment

• [MENTION=7753]Para045[/MENTION] She'd be referring to this
                            Spoiler: show
                            Originally posted by Para045 View Post
                            A woman runs into a Police station and complains she's just been "graped"! The cop says "don't you mean raped?" She replies "no there was a bunch of them"
                            I'll see if this post gets deleted like my last one

Comment

• Last time I was in California I took the young bloke clay pigeon shooting. You can just walk off the street and rent a shotgun and buy some clays. Presumably you could hop back in your car, rob a bank, back to the park and shoot some clays, return the gun and get your deposit back.
                              -

Comment

• Originally posted by AliastheJester View Post
                                <b><a href="http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/member.php?u=7753" target="_blank">Para045</a></b> She'd be referring to this
                                Shit I didn't realize her powers of precognition were that great that she managed to foresee what I will post

Starting to feel like this

Deb posted the link "DBTG" to the translate thread on 26/8 @~428pm, I posted the quip about Dean Cox at ~936pm on the 26/8 and only replied jokingly to Maxo's request above tody at ~0330am in the Translate thread so fucked if I can see how that has any bearing I still want someone to show me the post that I alledgedly made promoting gang rape earlier than Debs post on 428pm 26/8 that she alludes to The above post was made partly in response to the previous allegations and obviously in jest as a reply to Maxo's request

Comment

Working...
                                X