This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by agrid View Post
    I requested a new position in my project be created, a young researcher, someone I could work with for a couple of years to bring up to speed before I retire, a succession plan. We can't be ageist so I wasn't permitted to request a junior person. Nor am I allowed to know the age of applicants. But through some detective work I was able to ascertain the age of the person they have chosen to replace me. He was on the electoral rolls in 1968 ... when you had to be 21 to vote.
    So he's still younger than you?

Comment

• Originally posted by agrid View Post
      We have one at work, we call him "The Red Dwarf".
      Yeah we have one at work as well we call the Ginga Ninja except it's a SHE ~4'10'' of attitude that likes winding the crims up but only when some bigger blokes are around
      #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
      Originally posted by Phildo
      Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
      Originally posted by filbert
      i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
      Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

• Originally posted by boeman View Post
        There is one particular lunatic at Muay Thai. He is already on a warning about sparring. Short kinda stocky guy. He takes it as a full blown fight. There is no 50% with this guy. Elbows, knees, anything. Always at 110% trying to knock you out during sparring (girls/novices included).

If he elbows me in the thigh and/or face again I am going to fucking uppercut him across the room.
        there's always one tough guy, usually a new one.. time to practice teeps and jabs, or just refuse to spar?? sparring is not a fight but perhaps you can learn to relax and slow down an aggressive opponent..

Comment

• Pretend to clinch.......then drop vertical elbows into his collar bones. He'll get the idea pretty quick

Comment

• Originally posted by Rat750 View Post
            Pretend to clinch.......then drop vertical elbows into his collar bones. He'll get the idea pretty quick
            This.
            Or liver shots.
            (more effective if your a southpaw like me )

Comment

• Originally posted by Rat750 View Post
              Pretend to clinch.......then drop vertical elbows into his collar bones. He'll get the idea pretty quick
              An ideas man, I like it.

Best part is he is a fair bit shorter, so should get maximum velocity into the dropping of said elbows.

Comment

• Who the fuck calls, gives a TLA as a name and then states they need my date of birth to continue. When I ask what their Three Letter Acronym stands for (so I know their business name) I'm told I need to confirm my birthday before they'll tell me. I ask again politely, and it's still a no, and they end the call.
                Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

• Originally posted by Flakey View Post
                  Who the fuck calls, gives a TLA as a name and then states they need my date of birth to continue. When I ask what their Three Letter Acronym stands for (so I know their business name) I'm told I need to confirm my birthday before they'll tell me. I ask again politely, and it's still a no, and they end the call.
                  I'm gonna take a punt here and say scammers?

Comment

• I have actually started making shit up for people like that so they get all excited.
                    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

• It appears to be ausdebt.com.au chasing a debt that doesn't exist... stupid fucks.
                      Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

• Finally get off my arse and go to the bike shop to order another visor, take the helmet with me, he says we haven't got the visor in stock, I say, thats ok, you ordered me one in last time. He gets on phone, looks at me and says $65.00, I mention that it was $35 about two years a go and leave.

Ebay, about $32.00 delivered.
                        "It moved"

Comment

• Originally posted by boeman View Post
                          An ideas man, I like it.

Best part is he is a fair bit shorter, so should get maximum velocity into the dropping of said elbows.
                          Even better.

If he's smart, as you fake in he'll raise and tighten his guard to block any potential elbow strikes.

Then drop those fuckers in with all your bodyweight.

Collarbones are wonderful things. Great for hooking your thumbs under too and picking people up by. Wait for the tears and squeals

Comment

• sounds like i've been doing it wrong for a long time, i usually just land a punch in the middle of the bicep and watch as they flail wildly trying to get their arms to work to hit back...

all this time i could have been inflicting real pain
                            Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

• Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              sounds like i've been doing it wrong for a long time, i usually just land a punch in the middle of the bicep and watch as they flail wildly trying to get their arms to work to hit back...

all this time i could have been inflicting real pain
                              We've been working bicep counter strikes for the last couple of weeks.

Nasty nasty nasty

Comment

• So I'm riding to work along South Tce and hear some tire noise on my left, I have a look and a car has driven up inside of me using the cycle lane, I look, wave ... no response. I see the red P plate and think WTF and back off, she proceeds to drive up the road about a metre and a half behind the car in front of her.

Then I arrive at work at the same time as someone riding the appended abortion/shitbox/motorcycle and the rider walks off as if I don't exist; totally ignoring my "Gidday". Have I died and am living in an M. Night Shyamalan movie?

-

Comment

Working...
                                X