This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
    It's a condition of entry that all bags be checked? It's a condition of exit that I be allowed to do so without feeling the urge to kick you in the gunt. Fucking harassed before I've even fucking had breakfast.
    From my understanding, a business can state that its a condition of entry that bags be checked, however, if a person does not wish their bags to be searched, then they are under no legal requirement to do so. The business can ask to see, you can choose to show them, or tell them to piss off. And all they can do is ask you to leave, as you are no longer meeting their requirements for entry. If they force you to show you your bag, they may be liable for assault. If they try and detain you when they have no grounds (e.g. you just refuse to show your bags), then they may be liable for false imprisonment.

http://www.police.act.gov.au/crime-a...Factsheet.ashx

http://www.retail.org.au/Portals/0/F...eck%202006.pdf

Comment

Fuck you and don't get fucking shitty with me as I walk off. It's a condition of entry that all bags be checked? It's a condition of exit that I be allowed to do so without feeling the urge to kick you in the gunt. Fucking harassed before I've even fucking had breakfast.
      You have the right to not have your bag checked, by not going inside the store in the first place.

If you enter the store and then leave without showing the contents of your bag they then have the right to ban you from entering the store ever again.

Pretty simple situation, either don't have a bag or don't go to the the shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocko View Post
        From my understanding, a business can state that its a condition of entry that bags be checked, however, if a person does not wish their bags to be searched, then they are under no legal requirement to do so. The business can ask to see, you can choose to show them, or tell them to piss off. And all they can do is ask you to leave, as you are no longer meeting their requirements for entry. If they force you to show you your bag, they may be liable for assault. If they try and detain you when they have no grounds (e.g. you just refuse to show your bags), then they may be liable for false imprisonment.

http://www.police.act.gov.au/crime-a...Factsheet.ashx

http://www.retail.org.au/Portals/0/F...eck%202006.pdf
        Originally posted by mansonitefirefox View Post
        You have the right to not have your bag checked, by not going inside the store in the first place.

If you enter the store and then leave without showing the contents of your bag they then have the right to ban you from entering the store ever again.

He is talking about getting his bags checked on the way out, not in...
        SP RACINGis supported by:
        MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
        Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
        Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Private property is allowed to ban people from entering for a whole number of reasons, provided they don't run afoul of certain anti-discrimination legislation.

A nightclub can refuse you entry if you're not wearing a tie and pants. A nightclub can refuse you entry if you're wearing tie and pants.

I could refuse you entry to my house because I think a GS500 is a shit bike. Whatever.

Point is, they refuse you entry based on the fact that it is their property and they reserve the right to let you enter. And if you refuse after been given reasonable time to exit, you are trespassing.

Supermarkets have signs saying that it is a condition of entry that bags be checked. And as the document from the ACT Police points out, a person can read that sign, understand it, decide to leave, and refuse to have their bags checked. And there is fuck all the supermarket can do about it.

I could have a sign saying that its a condition of entry to my home that you suck my balls. Doesn't mean you're compelled by law to do it.

Comment

Funny though head to mayalasia/asian countries and can walk in and out with bags without any harassing.
            "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephan View Post
              He is talking about getting his bags checked on the way out, not in...
              I know. That's why they have the sign at the front saying "condition of entry..." blah blah blah. You don't want your bag searched when you leave, don't go in. They have the right to have that condition, you have the right to shop elsewhere.

Comment

It doesn't say "having bags checked on entry is a condition of entry"

It says "having bags checked is a condition of entry", meaning they can check at any time, and this usually is upon exit. Use your brains, stores aren't concerned about shoplifters before people have even walked in.
                For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

And as the document from the ACT Police points out, a person can read that sign, understand it, decide to leave, and refuse to have their bags checked. And there is fuck all the supermarket can do about it.
                  Well there is one thing they can do, advise that person they are no longer welcome in their store and call the police for trespassing if they ever return.

I could refuse you entry to my house because I think a GS500 is a shit bike.
                  Well that would just mean you have no taste, no law against that

Comment

@ Barfridge

Once again, they can ASK to check, you can REFUSE to allow that check, and all they can do is ask you to leave.

They have no legal right to search you. They're not a cop.

Well that would just mean you have no taste, no law against that
                    Haha, actually I like the GS500. Just not with fairings.

Comment

Fuck me. It's not bad enough that I have to deal with your fucking self serve checkouts that make inane sounds and statements when all I want to do is pay for my goods, nor the fact your store is already chock full of security cameras, but your fat, pasty fucking bag check lady on the way out giving me a hard time.
                      If I'd had a normal checkout that let me put my goods in my fucking bag before paying, I wouldn't have needed to interact with you but instead I had you check what I purchased before I handed you the receipt.
                      Then you checked a second time and then wanted to check a third with me emptying my bag out.
                      No. Fuck you and don't get fucking shitty with me as I walk off. It's a condition of entry that all bags be checked? It's a condition of exit that I be allowed to do so without feeling the urge to kick you in the gunt. Fucking harassed before I've even fucking had breakfast.
                      Serves you right for not buying the items via online web site, and bypassing the retail shop altogether.

/retail shop sarcasm
                      One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
                        Funny though head to mayalasia/asian countries and can walk in and out with bags without any harassing.
                        Yes, but that's partly because if they do catch a person stealing then they put that person in a very, very, very shitty jail for 10 years.
                        One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

I know. That's why they have the sign at the front saying "condition of entry..." blah blah blah. You don't want your bag searched when you leave, don't go in. They have the right to have that condition, you have the right to shop elsewhere.
                          They have the right to eat my fucking dick.
                          She checked once, I gave her the receipt and she was given a glance in each compartment and then she wanted to check again and for me to start taking stuff out.
                          My private stuff.

Comment

Why does it take multiple drink driving convictions (7), driving while suspended (10) and killing someone before they are jailed?
                            https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/...driver-jailed/

Hardly get the same punishment when hooning since the first strike you COULD receive imprisonment and you have f*ck all chance getting a e-license.
                            Last edited by Halo_2; 28-05-2014, 06:41 PM.
                            "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
                              Why does it take multiple drink driving convictions, driving while suspended and killing someone before they are jailed?
                              https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/...driver-jailed/
                              Nine fucking months??? That cunt stain should have got the fucking chair. No wonder they reoffend when all they get is a slap on the wrist.
                              PSN- DOOOM666

Comment

They have the right to eat my fucking dick.
                                She checked once, I gave her the receipt and she was given a glance in each compartment and then she wanted to check again and for me to start taking stuff out.
                                My private stuff.
                                So tell them to get fucked in your loudest and most profound voice and don't shop there again.

Comment

Working...
                                X