This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocko View Post
    From my understanding, a business can state that its a condition of entry that bags be checked, however, if a person does not wish their bags to be searched, then they are under no legal requirement to do so. The business can ask to see, you can choose to show them, or tell them to piss off. And all they can do is ask you to leave, as you are no longer meeting their requirements for entry. If they force you to show you your bag, they may be liable for assault. If they try and detain you when they have no grounds (e.g. you just refuse to show your bags), then they may be liable for false imprisonment.

http://www.police.act.gov.au/crime-a...Factsheet.ashx

http://www.retail.org.au/Portals/0/F...eck%202006.pdf
    See, this is what I hate about things now days.

You have nothing to hide, so show it. And be done.

Desmo is, I beleive, more worried in the inconvenience of the speed and repetition in which it was done, not the requirements of it.
    The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by 66 View Post
      ...You have nothing to hide, so show it. And be done.
      So using that logic one more step, when I consent to you searching my bag, you don't need to search.
      Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

Basically, yes.
        The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

You've got nothing to hide... so let me do a pat down body search, let me do a strip search, let me search your vehicle, let me search your home, let me search your internet history, let me check your emails and facebook private messages, let me check your mobile phone messages, let me listen in on your conversations...

I've never refused a search, since I prefer the path of least resistance in life, and generally have nothing to hide.

But the point is, someone may feel that they are being unfairly targeted, or their privacy violated. I'm sure its not hard to imagine things which, whilst not illegal, you wouldn't want some stranger gazing at - medicine/health related items, personal details/address, work details, big fucking butt plug etc etc.

I am a law abiding citizen, and I expect to be treated as such. I think I should be allowed to go about my business without being searched by store employees or state officers. And the only time you should be subject to a search is when there are reasonable grounds for it - which is what the law states.

All that has changed about 'things now days' is that people are less knowledgeable about their rights or more willing to give them up.

Comment

You aren't trying to sneak stolen AA batteries out of here in your butthole are you? Oh good, then you won't have a problem with me checking :mellow:

Comment

Originally posted by XSorXpire View Post
              Hi Electrolux.

You really do drop the ball when it comes to replacing defective items.
              I'm wondering if we have made a mistake trusting your brand when we asked for one of your convection ovens as a wedding present.
              We failed to notice your convection oven has a KNOWN PROBLEM with the tray shattering in the oven when in use.
              Yes, your tray breaks when being used in your appliance.

Fortunately, we were told, you replace those trays.

Well, when we called, the lady informed us she would have one out to us in three days.

That made us happy.

A week later, when we had not heard, nor received anything we called.
              We were then told our turn table had been broken by the post man and we would have to wait six weeks until a new shipment arrived. THat was the 16th of this month.

Still nothing.

Today my wife called, was polite in asking for resolution, and felt she was flipped off as we were told the last shipment has all gone and we will have to wait again.

Though no time frame was offered this time.

We are looking down the barrel of at least a ten week wait to have a known problem rectified by your company.
              IS this a reflection on how your company deals with all of its customers?

Should i place this wedding gift out for verge collection?

Did we make a mistake in trusting your brand?

I see you got their attention...

Comment

Desmo is, I beleive, more worried in the inconvenience of the speed and repetition in which it was done, not the requirements of it.
                I think he is more butt hurt that someone looked at him and found him sooooooo fucking dodgy that they needed to search all his belongings to make sure he is not a thief.

Coz that is most likely what happened.

Otherwise, why would she insist he empty his personal belongings...

Get a hair cut and have a shave ya bum!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                  They have the right to eat my fucking dick.
                  She checked once, I gave her the receipt and she was given a glance in each compartment and then she wanted to check again and for me to start taking stuff out.
                  My private stuff.
                  She wasn't by chance a fat power tripping lezzo. Exmouth is small place I wonder if it's a coincidence.
                  In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

Originally posted by Crobbo View Post
                    She wasn't by chance a fat power tripping lezzo. Exmouth is small place I wonder if it's a coincidence.
                    Yes, Exmouth is still a relatively small country town so guys carrying handbags are bound to attract unwarranted attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                      They have the right to eat my fucking dick.
                      She checked once, I gave her the receipt and she was given a glance in each compartment and then she wanted to check again and for me to start taking stuff out.
                      My private stuff.

A shop can put up a sign saying "Conditions of entry blah blah" and try to enforce those conditions, but it does not constitute any sort of enforceable agreement or contract between the business and any person entering the premises. That sign could say anything, first born child, whatever, but simply walking past the sign does not oblige us to consent to the content of the sign.

I might as well print up a t-shirt saying "I get whatever I want for free from any store" and try to enforce that..

Stores act as if they have the weight of the law behind them and they get away with it because people don't know their rights and we are intimidated by being treated like criminals. But think about it, if there were a cop stationed at every checkout, would he/she have any right to search our bags without any evidence, reasonable suspicion, probable cause, whatever? What makes a checkout chick any more qualified to make that judgement?

Sure, if there were some specific reason to suspect an individual of a crime they would be entitled to take action, but to my knowledge that would be limited to calling the police or store security.

All that said, I usually just show them my bag because I don't wanna have this conversation every single day..
                      If it's good to ya, it's good for ya!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bendito View Post
                        You aren't trying to sneak stolen AA batteries out of here in your butthole are you? Oh good, then you won't have a problem with me checking :mellow:
                        AAs are for amateurs.... If you cannot smuggle out at least half a dozen D cells you are not trying

Comment

• In a symbolic gesture of commitment, my ladyfriend has purchased a toothbrush for me that can live in her bathroom.
                          I said "wow this takes it to the next level , if you root somebody else, I will be most upset"
                          she said "if I root somebody you will be the third to know!"
                          ...and as I sailed through the air in slow motion , my life flashed before my eyes , and I found myself completely bored

Comment

• Originally posted by scottricho View Post
                            "if I root somebody you will be the third to know!"
                            I assume that she expects to be among the top 2...
                            '====
                            //`
                            -Magilla
                            They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred
                            Eligible to shadow R & R-E NOW

Comment

• Whoever invented crusher style washers. Fuck you. You owe me at least a tablespoon of blood as a result of trying to get one off my sump plug.

Comment

• Barfy's thread for 'getting it off your chest' v2.0

Originally posted by mansonitefirefox View Post
                                Whoever invented crusher style washers. Fuck you. You owe me at least a tablespoon of blood as a result of trying to get one off my sump plug.
                                I believe your problem was the gorilla that did the sump plug up before you. Not the crush washer.
                                In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

Working...
                                X