Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A thread for the old guys to reminisce...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A thread for the old guys to reminisce...

Do your story telling in here...

This one time I did 200mph on gravel with my Hyo.
    In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

10 years ago:

Comment

What's your definition of old?? The ipad generation think Gen Y is old, just when us Gen X are hitting middle age and apparently in the prime of our lives!
        Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.

"The feelings mutual so kindly fuck off"

Comment

Apparently 52 is old...

Comment

I was a gun on the elsinore.

(read, I rode it only a few times, crashed on my first ride, was too weedy to get it off me and my Bro in Law and dad had to pick it up off me before I burnt my leg off.)

and nothing has changed.
            The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich... View Post
              Apparently 52 is old...
              Shit yeah, that's a decade away, I will probably be grey by then, oh wait.....
              Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.

"The feelings mutual so kindly fuck off"

Comment

My first bike was an old Yamaha MX-100 2 stroke, back in 1988. It cost $200 (top end was fucked), and about $150 to rebuild the top end.

That $350 was the best value for money riding education ever.
                “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                  My first bike was an old Yamaha MX-100 2 stroke, back in 1988. It cost $200 (top end was fucked), and about $150 to rebuild the top end.

That $350 was the best value for money riding education ever.
                  Cool Story Thro...

Comment

^ need like button
                    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I once did a 5th gear wheelie on an XL500S for over a kilometre.
                      -

Comment

My BSA Bantam did not have ABS. I fell Off. Wasn't my fault it did not have ABS.

Comment

I had a 1983 CR125 (may have been an elisnore?) rode it in the Kelmscott hills from the ages of 14-16 and had many races with the ranger.

Comment

i remember when they first started putting mono shocks on mx racers and we all said theres no way a long travel mono shock would ever compensate for a well trained mx rider in tune with his bike and all it would do is dum down riders skills because my twin shock Honda Elsinore kicked butt, a bunch of nobodies rode Yamahas and you could buy a bag of mixed lollies from the corner shop for 20 cents
                            I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

Got my first motorcycle for xmas in about '84, the old man takes us down the park to ride it on grass so we don't get hurt, tells me "these are the brakes, this is the throttle." Failed to mention that a throttle was progressive, being around six year's old I assumed it was like a "switch". Pulled the throttle on to the stop and proceeded to have my first tank slapper on damp grass!!! Didn't get back on it for about six months!!!

Obligatory Pic:

Comment

Working...
                              X