No announcement yet.

Wahoo and the gm grain debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I now only use butter instead of margarine because I don't know what canola oil seed is used, whether it is gm or not. Plus margarine is only one molecule away from plastic.
    Tp.

Comment

Containment is/was and will always be impossible.

We grow (non GM) Canola on our farm but we know how many chemicals we have to put on to grow it.
      GM may be our only future option.
      Last edited by Aufitt; 17-03-2015, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Would be interesting to know how much Monsanto 'donated' to the governments coffers to get their product over here in the first place...
        sigpic Sponsored by (08) 9250 5567

Comment

I support GM in principle, but this ownership of licenced product, and cross contamination leading to the GM licenced farmer now owning their neighbours product due to cross contamination...? That is wrong on so many levels.
          Take it a step further and the amount of pesticides required to grow GM makes it particularly nasty to the environment. Add to that the levels of neocitinoids that kill bees. Without bees we die.

In relation to GM contamination...
          Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
          One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
          . .

Comment

Instead of Monsanto selling the chemicals to grow the seed, they sell the seed that doesn't require the chemicals.

They iz smarter than us.

Comment

Hopefully Tasmania will keep it's GM ban indefinitely, as previously indicated by their state government. It may prove to be a very shrewd move.

Comment

Originally posted by Trashed View Post
                Hopefully Tasmania will keep it's GM ban indefinitely, as previously indicated by their state government. It may prove to be a very shrewd move.
                Then Tasmania can try and sue the wind in 5 years time.

Comment

Originally posted by Aufitt View Post
                  Then Tasmania can try and sue the wind in 5 years time.

They've got the best chance out of all the states to achieve GM free, so they might as well try and hang onto the brand for as long as they can. Truth is though, they are already under a lot of pressure from the poppy growers to go GM, so it may happen of their own volition anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Peel View Post
                    I now only use butter instead of margarine because I don't know what canola oil seed is used, whether it is gm or not. Plus margarine is only one molecule away from plastic.
                    Tp.
                    Are the animals that produce the milk GM free?

And marg one molecule away from plastic? That may be true (doubt it) but so what? Being one molecule away makes it totally unrelated, it wouldn't be plastic at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mckenzie View Post
                      Are the animals that produce the milk GM free?

And marg one molecule away from plastic? That may be true (doubt it) but so what? Being one molecule away makes it totally unrelated, it wouldn't be plastic at all.
                      Water is one molecule away from hydrogen peroxide...
                      One molecule definitely isn't as closely related as some would think [emoji38]
                      One sustains organic life the other dissolves it

GM crops should never have been allowed, they'll rival asbestos, DDT and the cane toad as scientific mistakes, but we tend to avoid learning from history because there's no money in it.
                      Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Originally posted by Trashed View Post

Truth is though, they are already under a lot of pressure from the poppy growers to go GM, so it may happen of their own volition anyway.

Aha....... Tasmania produces the heroin
                        What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

I still remember the Govt lies when they trialled GM crops in WA saying, "We have checks and balances to ensure no cross pollination takes place", then none of them offered to accept the blame when the checks and balances everyone said wouldn't work, didn't work.
                          I watched "Food Inc", which gives a fairly good idea of Monsantos methodology. I remember Monsanto as making only poisons, I think the long term will show that to still be true.

Comment

But Monsanto are good capitalists, it would not be in their interest to poison everyone?
                            They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              GM crops should never have been allowed, they'll rival asbestos, DDT and the cane toad as scientific mistakes, but we tend to avoid learning from history because there's no money in it.
                              THIS!

GM has a place, but let's be ready for it and use it the right way. To feed people, not simply to make money.
                              Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
                              One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
                              . .

Comment

Originally posted by TROUBLE View Post
                                Aha....... Tasmania produces the heroin

An interesting business proposition for the farmers, but I'm pretty sure they get enough money from the pharmaceutical industry uses (opioid derived morphine and codeine).

Comment

Working...
                                X