Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wahoo and the gm grain debate

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Wahoo View Post
    Thanks for the links.
    The starving are not starving because there are not enough bananas to buy hence the larking about remark about sending our frogs, toads and rabbits there.


    Unfortunately the thousands of seeds in every pod are very viable and contain a dominant gene so if you are growing non-GM canola, GM will gradually dominate. In Steve's case, he was not growing canola but he lost his organic certification because GM products are not permitted on the farm. He spent a long time monitoring and collecting swaths, pods and plants but finally got his certification back last year.
    I see, so it could very well end up going viral wiping out and replacing the non-GM crop if strict control and management policies are not enforced. I am glad then that Steve and his wife got their certification back as it would seem, they were powerless to prevent their livelyhood from being taken away. I see that Mr McCusker is now involved.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Aufitt View Post
      Its the after germination pesticide chemical use that is our concern, slugs invade quickly
      Each year my Brother says fuck the Canola' and down to only 150 hectares of it last year.
      I'll show him this thread ask some questions and see what he says next week.



      Uganda, ABC did a program on developing it.
      http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/2544893.htm
      India,
      http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/int...-head-to-india



      Not following what that has to do with GM Canola?
      I was at an oilseed conference in China a while ago, the projected demand for canola oil is enormous.

      - - - Updated - - -

      Originally posted by Wahoo View Post
      Thanks for the links.
      The starving are not starving because there are not enough bananas to buy hence the larking about remark about sending our frogs, toads and rabbits there.


      Unfortunately the thousands of seeds in every pod are very viable and contain a dominant gene so if you are growing non-GM canola, GM will gradually dominate. In Steve's case, he was not growing canola but he lost his organic certification because GM products are not permitted on the farm. He spent a long time monitoring and collecting swaths, pods and plants but finally got his certification back last year.
      There are up to 25 seeds per canola pod, not thousands.
      -

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by agrid View Post
        There are up to 25 seeds per canola pod, not thousands.
        Well spotted... I meant a swath which is the cut off canola plant covered in pods. Our kids regularly had a canola swath competition where they picked the best canola swath and actually counted the seeds so our garden had heaps of rogue canola plants in it.
        Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wahoo!! What a ride!"

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Wahoo View Post
          Well spotted... I meant a swath which is the cut off canola plant covered in pods. Our kids regularly had a canola swath competition where they picked the best canola swath and actually counted the seeds so our garden had heaps of rogue canola plants in it.
          Yep, I knew you knew that, just didn't want others to get confused.
          -

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Skut View Post
            Whom you choose to disagree with...
            But they are pushing for LESS fucking about with the ecosystem.
            I disagree with a Monsanto driven GM agenda...
            But they are about MORE fucking with the ecosystem.
            Glad that you trust them with that
            I don't.
            So that's about it.
            Interesting that you see the climate scientists as altruist researchers who think only for the good of the planet; but the GM scientists are greedy Frankenfood developers who are in the pockets of the chemical companies. I just came from a meeting with one of each either side of me. They both seemed quite normal.
            -

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by agrid View Post
              Interesting that you see the climate scientists as altruist researchers who think only for the good of the planet; but the GM scientists are greedy Frankenfood developers who are in the pockets of the chemical companies. I just came from a meeting with one of each either side of me. They both seemed quite normal.
              Do you even read what you quote?

              Comment


              • #82
                I for one think GM is awesome... provided they are working towards a 'pig' which consists only of bellies and ribs.
                Ideally self-regenerating and lacking of ability to feel pain, so that I can just prune it when i need bacon/etc

                Comment


                • #83
                  BBQ sauce blood?

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Maple syrup for me

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Joe Shabadoo View Post
                      I for one think GM is awesome... provided they are working towards a 'pig' which consists only of bellies and ribs.
                      Ideally self-regenerating and lacking of ability to feel pain, so that I can just prune it when i need bacon/etc
                      Or... they could genetically engineer humans to grow their own pork belly I suppose?
                      Would take a bit to get the gist of slicing it up for the pan though.
                      (p.s. Just in case anyone else thinks this is an answer to world hunger, I am only joking.
                      Last edited by Wahoo; 18-03-2015, 04:06 PM.
                      Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wahoo!! What a ride!"

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Make Miranda Kerrs for everyone, and world peace is maintained.

                        Till all the Miranda's start fighting eachother.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          I'd say it probably turn into some form of porn quite quickly... walking through the city malls and random men coming up and sucking juice from your bellies.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            As usual the bible has an answer.

                            They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

                            Comment


                            • #89

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Wahoo View Post
                                Or... they could genetically engineer humans to grow their own pork belly I suppose?
                                You have Never seen the Porkers inside Macdonalds.. KFC... Red Rooster.. Chicken Treat ???

                                Last edited by TROUBLE; 18-03-2015, 05:14 PM.
                                What You See

                                Isn't always what you get

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X