"Our newest member"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Our newest member"

Is it just me, or have others noticed that most of our newest members tend to create usernames such as FirstnameSurname?

Where has all the creativity gone with cryptic names?

All the good names are taken?

Less worried about Internet anonymity these days?
    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

I dunno, I just like lots of nics on here.

When you meet the person it's like "Oh! So you're backsackncrack" rather than "Oh, so you're FirstnameSurname"

Comment

From what I have read when people request name changes, it seems to have something to do with the sign up process

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
          From what I have read when people request name changes, it seems to have something to do with the sign up process
          See I always used to think your real name was Kristy, had no idea it was Jethro
          Rest in Peace

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanoceros View Post
            See I always used to think your real name was Kristy, had no idea it was Jethro
            cue?

Comment

Originally posted by Cherry1K View Post
              I dunno, I just like lots of nics on here.

When you meet the person it's like "Oh! So you're backsackncrack" rather than "Oh, so you're FirstnameSurname"

It's because you can sign up using your Facebook Account. It just takes your name on Facebook and uses it as your username.

Comment

Ah, ok, well that explains that. Thanks.

Comment

because gen Y

or Z or whatever
                  “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I only chose Agrid because my real name is Phat Ho.
                    -

Comment

actually just realised, my forum name is my irl nickname. so more serious answer from my perspective...

i used to use pseudonyms on-line (elsewhere, not here), but gave up. i have to admit it is a lot easier introducing yourself with your nickname when meeting people in person than "oh hi i am suzukiBKING428 on psb but you can call me _____"

also, pseudonyms tend to age poorly. which means you either live with something juvenile or change it. and changing things is a pain in the arse...
                      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

because people are getting stupider and when they register and its says "username" they put their real name in.
                        new people = stupid
                        future = fuct
                        B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                          actually just realised, my forum name is my irl nickname.
                          Yep, same over here. Because..

pseudonyms tend to age poorly. which means you either live with something juvenile or change it
                          Plus it seems all the cool people on PSB use their real name, so I just thought I'd try and fit in
                          Rest in Peace

Comment

actually just realised, my forum name is my irl nickname. so more serious answer from my perspective...

i used to use pseudonyms on-line (elsewhere, not here), but gave up. i have to admit it is a lot easier introducing yourself with your nickname when meeting people in person than "oh hi i am suzukiBKING428 on psb but you can call me _____"

also, pseudonyms tend to age poorly. which means you either live with something juvenile or change it. and changing things is a pain in the arse...
                            Same. I like my online anonymity, but thought my nickname would be a reasonable middle ground between my real name and my normal online pseudonym for a forum where I'm likely to meet people IRL.

Comment

I just use the point of life I am at. Seems convenient.

Comment

Working...
                              X