Y'all love guns right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y'all love guns right?

Day 336 of 2015, 'merica has had 352 mass shootings. More than one per day.

A mass shooting is defined ( apparently ) as when 4 or more people, including the gunman, are injured or killed in one event.

Wonder what the stat is on innocents being murdered by the Police over there?

It's just more reason for us to have more gun availability in Australia, if more people had guns there would be less shootings. Just like in the US
    Rest in Peace

Comment

"Hurr durr this is what happens when ppl haev gunz we need to ban them"

"Grrr phnrrrrr if everyone had a gun, they could have stopped him"

Comment

But it's my right to keep and bear arms - to protect myself against all the others who have guns...
        It's like building groynes on the beach - you build one, you have to build another, then another...

Comment

I read recently that since 1990, there have been less than 4,000 Americans killed in terror attacks, including 11/9.

From January 1 to September 30th, more than 15,000 Americans have died as a result of shootings.

Not to mention the huge number of accidental shootings, kids finding a gun and killing family members or friends. Apparently 10 people a week die from unintentional shootings.

There's heaps more stats like this.....

Just found this one....

Using numbers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, we found that from 2001 to 2013, 406,496 people died by firearms on U.S. soil. (2013 is the most recent year CDC data for deaths by firearms is available.) This data covered all manners of death, including homicide, accident and suicide.According to the U.S. State Department, the number of U.S. citizens killed overseas as a result of incidents of terrorism from 2001 to 2013 was 350.
          In addition, we compiled all terrorism incidents inside the U.S. and found that between 2001 and 2013, there were 3,030 people killed in domestic acts of terrorism.* This brings the total to 3,380.

Highlighting in red is mine. From http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/02/us...-gun-violence/

- - - Updated - - -

I read recently that since 1990, there have been less than 4,000 Americans killed in terror attacks, including 11/9.

From January 1 to September 30th, more than 15,000 Americans have died as a result of shootings.

Not to mention the huge number of accidental shootings, kids finding a gun and killing family members or friends. Apparently 10 people a week die from unintentional shootings.

There's heaps more stats like this.....

Just found this one....

Using numbers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, we found that from 2001 to 2013, 406,496 people died by firearms on U.S. soil. (2013 is the most recent year CDC data for deaths by firearms is available.) This data covered all manners of death, including homicide, accident and suicide.According to the U.S. State Department, the number of U.S. citizens killed overseas as a result of incidents of terrorism from 2001 to 2013 was 350.
          In addition, we compiled all terrorism incidents inside the U.S. and found that between 2001 and 2013, there were 3,030 people killed in domestic acts of terrorism.* This brings the total to 3,380.

Highlighting in red is mine. From http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/02/us...-gun-violence/

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo
            Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

You can't ban guns because of a few "Lone wolf" attacks. Just because a few cause trouble it does not mean the rest of the peaceful gun owners should be tarred with the same brush... Have I heard this before somewhere??

They need a licensing system, that would fix a lot of it. Eventually.

Comment

Maybe lots of tradies use the nearest available water tap,

then get a cap busted in day're ayuss.

Comment

Originally posted by J.J View Post
                  You can't ban guns because of a few "Lone wolf" attacks. Just because a few cause trouble it does not mean the rest of the peaceful gun owners should be tarred with the same brush... Have I heard this before somewhere??

They need a licensing system, that would fix a lot of it. Eventually.
                  A few? 352?

Yeah, yeah, I see what you tried to do there. Try again.

Comment

I guess 352 is "a few" when their population is 318.9 million, but still... That's just this year anyway, which isn't over yet, so plenty more chances. Can't see it getting any better into the future either.

Comment

The issue isn't the guns.

The issue is that a culture exists where a disgruntled person believes it is reasonable to shoot groups of people. Whether that stems from an over inflated sense of self importance or an under appreciation for others is up for debate.

I feel bad, therefore shoot up a block. I don't have any hope for the future, I'll bring down lots of people with me.

That is the problem.
                      This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Exactly Taylor. Well said. No one has any respect for anyone else these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
                          The issue isn't the guns.

The issue is that a culture exists where a disgruntled person believes it is reasonable to shoot groups of people. Whether that stems from an over inflated sense of self importance or an under appreciation for others is up for debate.

I feel bad, therefore shoot up a block. I don't have any hope for the future, I'll bring down lots of people with me.

That is the problem.
                          I agree with your commentary on the culture, but it is guns which account for the high death toll.

I feel bad, so I'll take a baseball bat to the shopping mall and kill a pile of people.........with baseball bat, you might get one or two before you're clobbered with your own bat.
                          Take a knife???? Again, maybe 3 or 4.

But the whole issue with firearms is the potential to kill large numbers just because you're pissed off.

With any other weapon, bystanders can, by using what might be around them, from a shopping trolley, to a clothes rack, rubbish pin, briefcase even, get close enough to the offender to disable them.
                          But when the offender is wielding a firearm,........you can't get that close.
                          Last edited by Ken Oath; 03-12-2015, 12:31 PM. Reason: Double tapped. Again.

Comment

Originally posted by D996R View Post
                            Day 336 of 2015, 'merica has had 352 mass shootings. More than one per day.

A mass shooting is defined ( apparently ) as when 4 or more people, including the gunman, are injured or killed in one event.

Wonder what the stat is on innocents being murdered by the Police over there?
                            While you are doing your research, check how many police and public officers have been murdered as well.
                            They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

It varies, but from a brief look, about 120 a year....plus or minus.

In 2015

From https://www.odmp.org/search/year#

For 2014

It's interesting the number of deaths attributed to September 11.

And I count 985 people killed by police from January to November this year.

From http://killedbypolice.net/

Which proves what???? America has a culture rooted in violence?????

Comment

Working...
                              X