Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grid girls to be banned at the Adelaide Clipsal 500.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grid girls to be banned at the Adelaide Clipsal 500.

This weekend is the last hoorah for grid girls at the V8 Supercars in Adelaide. The SA Government wanting them banned.

So one state Government has succeeded in banning grid girls, how long until other states follow suit? This will affect all Australian motorsport.

Grid girls are a traditional part of motor racing and have been for decades.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/a/30973...ing-speedways/

Comment

^^^
      Hahaha, as you have recently discovered right?
      [emoji23]

Comment

Why is it that all the women that seem to have an issue with these things all look like robbers dogs?

The hypocrisy makes me laugh considering that Adelaide getting the F1 GP initially is what sparked a lot of motorsport events having grid girls in Australia
        Before the 1985 AGP most motorsport events didn't have grid girls
        #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
        Originally posted by Phildo
        Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
        Originally posted by filbert
        i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
        Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Para045 View Post
          Why is it that all the women that seem to have an issue with these things all look like robbers dogs?
          Same as it's only fat chicks that complain about slim girls doing modelling.

Comment

What a Load of Bollocks.....

Who forces them to dress like that??

And yes, its usually other women who have heads and bodies like a Dropped Pie, who Complain.

If I was 30 years younger I'd be doing it.
            What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

Originally posted by TROUBLE View Post

If I was 30 years younger I'd be doing it.
              You'd have to clean your fingernails first.

Comment

Bite me.

haahaahaa
                What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

I knew you'd like that

Comment

We usually have two grid girls at the start of each race at Barbs.
                    Couple of years ago one of them felt temporarily ill so I stood in for her.
                    Unfortunately I couldn't fit into her outfit or I would gladly have done so for shits and giggles.
                    For my act of gallantry above and beyond the call of duty, I received no thanks just lots of unkind remarks from all and sundry.
                    Won't somebody think about the ugly girls, we have feelings too. [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Old GRL View Post
                      Won't somebody think about the ugly girls, we have feelings too. [emoji23]

S.
                      Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Victoria adopted a sensible approach and deferred the judgement to the relevant racing bodies.

No laws are being broken and for the most part they grid girls are treated with a great deal of respect. If event organisers don't want grid girls that's fine, but it's not a legal issue that the government needs waste time on.
                        Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
                        Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

if they ban grid & promo girls you may as well cancel motorsport & all the revenue that comes with it

Comment

Also, grid girls help create the illusion of glamour, without them it's just a group of sweaty blokes in onesies driving metal boxes around.
                            Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
                            Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

Uh, have they ever met the girls doing the work? They love it.

Can't see how it's any different to walking a catwalk, or getting your photo in the Bonds advertising.

Sex sells. Nothing new there.
                              The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                              X