Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grid girls to be banned at the Adelaide Clipsal 500.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 98kellrs View Post
    Also, grid girls help create the illusion of glamour, without them it's just a group of sweaty blokes in onesies driving metal boxes around.
    Lol... girls don't usually even glance at the glamorous girls as they watch the races to check out the sweaty blokes in onesies driving metal boxes around
    Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wahoo!! What a ride!"

Comment

Sad really...

Girls I knew growing up with average looks took interest in modelling, makeup and dance along with their friends, they took pride in their appearance and worked hard towards their goals, being hired as a promotional model was an achievement for them and some even got a write up in the local paper.

They were never going to make the cover of international magazines or grace the catwalks of the fashion capitals, although a couple did I'll avoid going full llbuono and listing names[emoji38]
      It's an industry, it's a hobby, most of the young ladies involved feel it's an honour and an achievement to be chosen to dress up and represent something.

It does need to be regulated to prevent exploitation but why take something away from those who enjoy doing it because someone else is being offended for someone who probably doesn't care?

Just one example I know personally, became a beautician and ran a dance studio and her claim to fame was getting top spot on one of the grid girl teams, she has the photos in the trophy cabinet alongside her trophies from dance or modelling competitions nobody ever heard of, if her name is mentioned locally and someone doesn't know her they'll usually follow up with 'you know, she won that competition as a model at the v8s'
      Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

That leaves only facebook to quell them of their insecurities.

Plus they're going to dress in that kit anyway at some point to take selfies, may as well chuck them down at the races so they can earn a crust and we can have an ogle.

Comment

First wave feminism: We want the right to vote.

Second wave feminism: We want to have the same working and lifestyle rights as men.

Third wave feminism:

I mean, it probably should be an unnatractive 200kg woman wearing way too much makeup doing that not a baby but you get the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Old frt View Post
            We usually have two grid girls at the start of each race at Barbs.
            Yes...girls. No disrespect to the very young ladies that do that job...could we get some curvy, hot, older chicks for the older bastards on the grid, that will never get on the podium, to enjoy?? :p
            All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
            #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
            Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Originally posted by =Maz= View Post
              Yes...girls. No disrespect to the very young ladies that do that job...could we get some curvy, hot, older chicks for the older bastards on the grid, that will never get on the podium, to enjoy?? :p
              I might know a couple of old boilers...

Comment

Zimmer Frames at the ready
                What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

Hmm...not sure if very brave or very stupid? Lol

Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

I'm not asking for me, having a personal trophy girl as I do, but out of concern for my fellow racers. ��

Comment

I'm not asking for me, having a personal trophy girl as I do, but out of concern for my fellow racers. 😁

S.
                      Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Grid girls come on folks its 2016 where are the grid boys ???

Comment

Originally posted by keys View Post
                          Are you volunteering?
                          Do it

Comment

To old and nothing to wear

Comment

Originally posted by TROUBLE View Post
                              Zimmer Frames at the ready
                              Oh c'mon you're not that old

Originally posted by keys View Post
                              Why are you a Catholic priest or something?
                              #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                              Originally posted by Phildo
                              Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                              Originally posted by filbert
                              i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                              Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Para045 View Post

Why are you a Catholic priest or something?
                                Nope But the mcrc could do with a bigger crowd on race days , if grid boys are going to bring in more people i say bring it on .

Comment

Working...
                                X