Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
    Definitely not pre '48 unfortunately.
    I guess that makes life significantly more difficult.
    You may be able to avoid calling it an ICV if a good chunk of it is original or based on original type parts for example the cab and chassis if they're both the Toyota bits even though modified, then basically you might just be able to call it a bunch of modifications. Then it'll just need to comply with the regs of the day when it was first registered.
    You still might be able to pass it off as a hot rod call it a J20 or a Type 95 even, depends how hard they squint.
    This is all conjecture though without engaging the Engineer who'll have to sign off on it.
    I'd expect you to really struggle if its classed as an ICV due to the torsional rigidity requirements for the chassis.
    Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Doug68 View Post
      ...struggle if its classed as an ICV due to the torsional rigidity requirements for the chassis.
      Out of interest... is that something that is calculated or measured?
      Can't get my head around how it might be measured.

S.
      Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

I saw a completed landcruiser rat rod for sale on Gumtree last week, will see if I can find the ad

Here 'tis

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/towns...rod/1105869894
        Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.

"The feelings mutual so kindly fuck off"

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint View Post
          Out of interest... is that something that is calculated or measured?
          Can't get my head around how it might be measured.

S.
          In WA I believe that depends on the Engineer, i.e. they have to be satisfied it meets the requirements, so it may need to be tested or not, for my car he took one look at it and said it wouldn't be needing a test.

A test will look like this:

One end constrained, a big load trying to twist the other and dial guages setup to see how much its moving.
          Doug

Comment

Working...
          X