No announcement yet.

Sibling relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 2 younger sisters (3 yrs between me and youngest)
    We always fought...but being raaf brats we had to stick together when it came to moving states every other year.
    Dad and I fought since before I can remember...it's only in the last 10 yrs he has mellowed out...and the last couple years we have all become closer.
    My mum...very very judgmental. Given up telling her anything...but I know no matter how much I piss her off and visa versa they will always help me.
    I'm good friends with my sisters now...but they still Shit me to tears on a daily basis.
    Barbie is a corporate slut

Comment

I'm the middle of 3 boys, my older brother (4 years older) went awol when I was maybe 13, nobody had contact with him for years until my Mum finally found him.. He lives in Melbourne, saw him in 2010 when I went over but only contact we have is occasional facebook chat or comment. Absolutely nothing in common, totally different lifestyles and outlook (he is gay and reformed alcoholic) but I think our relationship works ok at a distance.
      My younger brother (3 years younger) and I had little in common growing up, once we moved to Australia I became a teenage surfer rock fan while he got a scholarship and played tuba in the school band... in our early 20s he played drums in a rock band but I was immersed in racing cars by then. He moved back to England 20 years ago but the last couple of times I've been over there we have developed a much closer relationship, and his new wife and kids are great. He still never answers his phone or messages though Grr

Comment

Well as a story on the other side of the coin, I get along well with my brother (7 years older) and sister (5 years older).

My brother and I both ride motor bikes, have been on overseas riding trips and riding trips locally, and did loads of track days together. We both watch MotoGP over some drinks when he is here or discuss on message if he is not. We also ride mountain bikes together and share an interest in tech and photography. We bicker plenty over differences of opinion on the above but it's all for laughs.

I do have less shared interests with my sister but she is an architect and I'm
        Involved in resi building so share common ground there.

Comment

3 elder brothers. I was youngest by a significant enough number of years. Eldest got caught by the alcohol and as he approaches his 60th birthday sets an an example of love and dedication parents can have to their child. They NEVER gave up on him. Mum has passed away and dad who is still fully independent at 90+ years still looks out for him.

He is as loopy as though, six coherent sentences in a row and you have done well.

Next eldest was trying for a family for a very long number of years - soon as first popped out 2 more came pretty quick. As for keeping the family together he has done a large part of the lifting.
          Next bro went all Christian in his later adolescence - the number of now collectable albums he destroyed would make any vinyl lp person absolutely sob in frustration. But he is a dreamer, and always beavering away at some automotive design, think the last Indian, that type of thing.

We all get along though, we can talk and pick up and understand or at least listen to the now and as needed help. It seems rare seeing what others have put down.

As for the missus - her family, wow. Every small hurt is carried across the DECADES and never forgiven. It is horrible frustrating thing to see, and as an outsider- helpless to change it.

I tell my kids that their childhood is but a small fraction of their lives - to enjoy it but to also understand life is a long journey (you would hope) and that sometimes having family to turn to is perhaps a bonus worth having.

Not sure how they will work out
          You can't *burrrp* can't just post, just post anything you feel like morty, you just *burrp* just end up *burrp* end up hurting people's feelings morty I mean how, how would you like it if I said things that offended you morty?

Comment

I have two brothers. One is a retard; the other one is an idiot.

My sister is ok though, except that she is a leader in the Bahai Faith, whatever the fuck that is. When she first told me, I thought awesome she just has a cough and is trying to say, "I've joined the Bahaike Faith" and we could go bike riding together. But there was no "K", so I have disowned her as well.
            -

Comment

Originally posted by agrid View Post
              My sister is ok though, except that she is a leader in the Bahai Faith, whatever the fuck that is.
              Sure she didn't say she likes Bukake on the face?
              #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
              Originally posted by Phildo
              Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
              Originally posted by filbert
              i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
              Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Hoping to go on holiday with my sis soon and visit the bro in Canada next year.

Bro and sis are closer to each other than I to either but we all stay in close contact and will discuss anything with each other.

They are both more successful in a materialistic sense than me but I had a better time.

Is good.
                They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Originally posted by chew View Post
                  Hoping to go on holiday with my sis soon and visit the bro in Canada next year.

Bro and sis are closer to each other than I to either but we all stay in close contact and will discuss anything with each other.

They are both more successful in a materialistic sense than me but I had a better time.

Is good.
                  Hmm, who's got the most toys?
                  -

Comment

It sounds like if they weren't your siblings you'd have nothing to do with them (they sound a bit arsehole-ish and have a superiority complex IMO). I'm not convinced that just because they're family it means you need to have contact with them. Some people clash/don't get along - some happen to be family.

Comment

Originally posted by agrid View Post
                      Hmm, who's got the most toys?
                      Me, but lack playtime ATM. 2.5 x bikes, 1 x forby and the wife's new shopping trolley.
                      Sis has time, means and a 320D BMW, which is fun. She is travelling 5 months of the year lately.
                      Bro has means so just hires as required.

Aussies, we do it tough.
                      They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

I am the eldest of three but left the UK at 21 when my sister was 17 and the little bro 14.
                        Sadly my sister died at 28 but we were fairly close.
                        Obviously with my brother being 7 years younger at that age, we never really got to gel as adults.
                        I did keep in contact by phone etc but it is always me who instigates contact and trying to engage him in conversation is like pulling teeth.
                        Consequently I can't be arsed making the effort as often as I did.
                        Funny thing is he is a stickler for birthday and Xmas cards which usually say "From Gary" that's it, no attempt at humour or anything else.
                        Last time I saw him in the flesh was at dad's funeral in the UK ten years ago.
                        We went out for a few pints while I was there and again it was an ordeal trying to keep conversation flowing.
                        No animosity or bad memories, just two completely different blokes with nothing other than parents in common.

Comment

There is nothing more important in this world to me than my family and I would give up everything for them.

Comment

I have two half sisters (we had the same mother) but I have seen one of them once in the last 10 years and the other twice, as she actually showed up to my wedding last August.

I have gained a 'sister' though, who is actually no blood relation to me. My mother and her father were together for 20something years, before my mum passed away.

She is one of my very small group of important people.

I have never had a father, so now, aside from her, I have nobody left. Except nanna who has Alzheimer's.
                            I have my husband and kids and they are all I need 😀
                            Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn. Then always be a unicorn.

Comment

Older brother I could take or leave. Only reason I still see him is for his kids (I won't allow my grievances with him to sour things with my nephew and niece). He and I disagree on most things, as he is extremely risk adverse and especially hates motorcycles. When I had my big off a while back and was in hospital, he was the only one not to visit me as he was 'too busy'. He makes use of emotional and moral blackmail and will quite happily use people to his own ends. If ties were cut off all together, I doubt it would worry me very much, if at all. He is a man who has convinced himself that he is superior to all others in all situations.

Younger brother is a complete pain in the arse, but we get along great (most of the time). We have our disagreements but I'll always be there to help him out and pick him up when he needs it. He and I can at least have a beer and a laugh. And even if he isn't into bikes, he appreciates the allure of them and keeps trying to convince me to build a cafe racer.
                              A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.

Dear god, it's some weird bastardized three wheeled two person go-kart.

Comment

Here's a complicated story. My mum was from Perth, married an American sailor and went to the USA and had a boy and a girl. She split with him, married another American sailor and had me and my sister. Mum and dad went to a new years eve party and left me and my sister with the older siblings. Mum and dad got t-boned turning into our street when I was one so my sister and I were sent back to Australia to be raised by and aunt and uncle. The new parents didn't tell us we were adopted until we were 21 years old. They also didn't tell us we had a half sister and brother in the USA. We discovered that when I was about 40 years old when the adoptive parents were dead. We tried to strike up a friendship with the half-siblings. It turned out to be too much for the half sister who said she didn't want to deal the the complex situation, and then woke up dead a few years later. I had a bit of a friendship with the half brother who liked to fix things and ride motorbikes. I visited him in California about half a dozen times but he turned out to be a conservative republican dickhead that I couldn't bear to spend any more time with so I disowned him. My full sister in Australia is into religion, peace, love and goodwill while I'm into science, beer, bbq and motorbikes so I haven't seen her for a few years. I have a good life, a beautiful wife, kids, and two Ducatis so fuck 'em, its their loss.
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X