No announcement yet.

Retriever x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeh but you can say your dog is a Regal aka retriever x beagle.

Comment

Sadly not the dog for us....perhaps we are being too selective...all dogs deserve a good loving home.
      Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by boeman View Post
        Yeh but you can say your dog is a Regal aka retriever x beagle.
        I'd go the other way and call it a beaver, every man wants a beaver
        Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.

"The feelings mutual so kindly fuck off"

Comment

Golden beaver.... able to sniff out a drug haul at 50 paces... whilst shedding +2kg of hair.

S.
          Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

https://www.petrescue.com.au/listings/444361

Originally posted by DailyBanana
            That little girl likes her pizza more than you like people

Comment

Originally posted by BusaSteve View Post
              Sadly not the dog for us....perhaps we are being too selective...all dogs deserve a good loving home.
              Any dog you get is getting a better life. I wouldn't get too emotional about not re-homing every dog.

If I ever strike it rich or win lotto, "boemans refuge for the furry and forgotten" is becoming a thing.

In fact if Ms boeman ever ditches me, i will technically be furry and forgotten.

Comment

The only issue I'd have with getting one off Gumtree etc is there is no way of knowing whether it has hip dysplasia which is common in Retrievers
                #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                Originally posted by Phildo
                Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                Originally posted by filbert
                i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

It common in a lot of dogs...didnt think it was such an issue with GR's I know they can suffer from seizures. Our girl was a cross breed anyway so she got the greedy guts of a GR and the ...well nothing from a German Shepard. Yes rescue dogs get a clean bill of health from the vet...or you are made aware of any health issues they are also behaviour checked and catagorised for specific households.

have you ever thought about volunteering at the RSPCA Boeman? My missus walks the dogs every week...she always ends up taking too many out...cant resist the pleading looks....mine included...man! I love it when she orders me to beg etc....

Comment

I asked a mate at work..

Canine Rescue ....Lakelands I think ???
                    What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

Will take a look Troubs...thanks... keep asking I will post when we get a dog.

Comment

Will take a look Troubs...thanks... keep asking I will post when we get a dog.
                        What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

It common in a lot of dogs...didnt think it was such an issue with GR's I know they can suffer from seizures.
                          Yeah when we got ours we spent a bit of time making sure we got one with papers and a hip score
                          #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                          Originally posted by Phildo
                          Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                          Originally posted by filbert
                          i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                          Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

have you ever thought about volunteering at the RSPCA Boeman? My missus walks the dogs every week...she always ends up taking too many out...cant resist the pleading looks....mine included...man! I love it when she orders me to beg etc....
                            I would love to, but having 2 border collies I don't even know when I could do it?

I take my dogs out twice every day, often more on the weekends, so don't think I could allocate time to more dogs?

Plus our new pup is one of those batshit insane border collies.

Comment

I am a bit naive..
                              Had a top cross ...once....
                              Is it fair to leave a dog at home alone..?
                              Not sayin you do...
                              How do you desensitise the need to hunt/bark/help...?
                              Or is there a thing......with dogs....that makes some breeds easier to leave alone.?
                              I get so attached ...that I just wanna be near at all times......
                              any help is a good thing.ta!
                              " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

Breeds, background and temperament all influence this.

My Aussie Shepherd has an effective off switch but will bark if there is a reason. Sleeps a lot when I am not home.

Best thing I did was not be on holidays when he came home as a very young pup - but I did have the luxury of home visits at lunch times. It became normal that I would leave and come back.

Not like the anxiety when I moved house and had to leave him in an empty house (nothing left but him) and go back and collect him after an hour or so. That really caused some stress.

But when YOU have separation anxiety, that is something different.

Hope you find what you are looking for BusaSteve. Something tells me dogs pick you. Kismet or some-such.

Comment

Working...
                                X